• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagtacs II - Melee Netplay Tounament

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
I understand this is not quite the place to be posting tournaments, however there is no other place for this yet. Melee Netplay is relatively new. I figure giving it more spotlight in the Discussion board will do it some good.

Don't know what Melee Netplay is? See: http://smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/
********************* ATTENTION WE ARE NOW USING A NEW DOLPHIN BUILD *********************​

Bigger, Faster, and better than ever. We play Melee online across the globe.
Tournament July 25-26th. Pools will begin around 3-5pm PST on the 25th. Top 10 will be on the 26th at 2pm.

Pools will be double elimination. Please come in ASAP when it hits 3pm so we can do pools as fast as possible.

You can register at http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eHUv8DCkuO
Top 10 will be organized at http://challonge.com/LagtacsII

The deadline for registering will be July 24th. I recommend you make sure you can meet all the requirements in the rules before registering.

Will be streamed by JMC47 at http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23

Rules:​
You must be using our newest build: Master 3.5 1655.​
You must be using the hacked iso (revision 3)​
You must be able to run the game by yourself at 60fps.​
Dualcore is now viable.​
Legal Stages:​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Dream Land 64​
Green Greens (Must run at 60fps)​
Yoshi's Story (Must run at 60fps)​
Fountain of Dreams (Legal unless your cpu is crap)​
Counterpicks:​
Pokemon Stadium (Must run at 60fps)​

If you have any questions regarding Melee Netplay or just want to get in touch with our community, come into our IRC room https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=dolphin-ssbm&uio=Nz10cnVlJjk9MzU3fe

Upke

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of implied by "hacked iso", but I want to make it clear that Green Greens is a modded version without falling blocks and the side platforms are connected to the stage, thus making it competitively viable enough for us to use it in the legal stages. Sadly, Fountain of Dreams is still too laggy for almost all computers to have it as a stage for online tournaments.

Also, it'll be cool. Everyone should try it!

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
You don't need to register as a host or anything, just let me, Upke, SaberPrime, or Jknojoker know if you can't host so that we can seed you appropriately. Also we're testing a new build that uses UPnP so you can host without port fowarding! It also has several other improvements. We may be using that build for this tournament.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
This is tough to talk about due to anti piracy rules, but I have no clue about obtaining the revision 3 iso or else modding mine to standard. Furthermore, since signups end in four days, you should probably finalize whether or not to use the UPnP build and link to it. A ctrl+f on the first page of the thread was unhelpful in finding info about the iso or the UPnP build

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys know that the Green Greens dropzone makes you auto fast-fall? It can be annoying.

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
This is tough to talk about due to anti piracy rules, but I have no clue about obtaining the revision 3 iso or else modding mine to standard. Furthermore, since signups end in four days, you should probably finalize whether or not to use the UPnP build and link to it. A ctrl+f on the first page of the thread was unhelpful in finding info about the iso or the UPnP build
We're working on it. So far testing has looked great. Once we integrate the build with 1301, we'll be good to go. It may have been done already.

Also, **** anti-piracy. Just come into the IRC and we'll hook you up with iso revision 3.

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
Aw it's Thursday-friday? I've got work :(
Apparently having pools on friday would be too early for people. Many people suggested keeping pools and brackets on seperate days. If you've registered already, let me know and I'll take you out of the tourney. You might be able to do it yourself too.

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
You can commentate eventually. Just make sure you contact me. We don't have any commentators set in stone excluding me.

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
Goodle you were one of the best players we had in terms of organization. Bout to give you seeding points for Lagtacs III because of that. Everyone else was really late and didn't let use know if they were going to make it or not. I had to DQ a lot of people yesterday. You told us before the tourney started so thank you!

Top Bottom