• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lazy Fruit is Actually Useful

SaucyButter-

Smash Rookie
A while ago I was fiddling around with the custom move: Lazy Fruit. At first it seems to be completely useless, because it goes nowhere, which is unacceptable for a projectile, or so you would think. Use the move for other purposes other than to throw at opponents, and it can get some serious work done.

1) Stage Control
Tournament viable stages are only so big. So if you have a constant hitbox in a certain area, it reduces the opponent's roll and escape options by quite some some margin. The Key and Galaga are excellent for this, since they stay stationary with a constant hitbox.

2) Reliable Combos and KO's
Remember how Galaga stays in one spot? Against fast-fallers and heavyweights, it can juggle them in place, susceptible to and Up-Smash or air attack for combos. Usually, you can charge the Up-Smash for even earlier kills.

3) Easy to pick up
While normally you would have to run after the fruit to acquire it, Lazy Fruit makes it much easier, given its immobilized nature. As a side note, for items like Apple and Bell, after bouncing off an opponent it can easily be picked up again, but not for a third time and paralysis from the Bell is nullified the second time around.

I know this custom move encourages a more Disruptor-like playstyle to Pac-Man, but it is quite effective and a fun one at that. Feel free to reply if you notice any new discoveries or if I made a false statement. Hope this encourages more ways of play or even just a fun past time.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You may want to put this in the custom thread bud :p. We've already covered lazy fruit already.

I like lazy fruit for the same reasons, but I'm still weary about using it just because of how easy it is for opponents to catch your lazy fruit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom