• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Cancel Eggs

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I know there are probably several threads on this. Though I know the steps and have performed it while practicing, I have a few questions.

I usually practice in training mode cause of the no stocks on 20XX pack. Sometimes I will go to event 50 (the one with crazy and Master hand) and practice there.

I have gotten the basic down, and know the mechanics. Though I have to ask the following:

-Sometimes I find Im not going fast enough. Should I fast fall or simply just tilt the stick away horizontallly once on the ledge, then wait, then do jump and Up-B.

-Do you hold up(During the Up-B) the whole time, or can you just hold it for a split second(Right before grabbing the ledge) and reset the control stick to do another egg cancel so its master the next time?

Any tips are appreciated.

Thank You

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
1. Whatever feels more comfortable, I tilt away (you shouldn't need to drop very far to be able to ECE, it is timing based)
2. In order to control the eggs you would need to tilt the stick, so I don't know why you would hold up the entire time.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
You'll defs be faster using a regular fall. Basically flick the stick away from the ledge then jump when it's returned to neutral position, but the timing on the actually Up B input is a bit delayed to whenever you're at ledge grab level basically. And as for holding up, you can, but if you want to aim the eggs ya gotta move it a bit for a moment then reset to neutral.

Last edited:

Doxy

Smash Rookie
I always found the timing for ledge cancel eggs to be pretty tight myself but I will let you know how I do it.

I usually tilt away from the ledge and input Y because I find I can initiate my jump faster with the button than I can with the Analog. After hitting Y I quickly move into Up B and am able to toss the eggs pretty acurately and quickly. I also find that the closer you stay to the ledge the better. This way you can focus on aiming dem' eggs and not need to worry about getting your trajectory down.

Once you get the timing down, just try and focus on staying low, you lose your double jump in the process of egg stalling so the obvious counter would be to go in and punish. If you stay low enough though, your opponent will have a tougher time getting underneath the eggs to make an approach (since Yoshi's eggs come from the top of his model).

I agree with dahuterschuter, just focus on being tight to the ledge, it will keep you from being punished and will speed up your eggs!

BanYoshi2015

Smash Rookie
I always pressed down on the control stick and then Y as soon as I let go of the edge. Once the little circle that comes out when you double jump disappears (I believe frame 7 after jumping) you can throw an egg. That is the earliest you can throw an egg without missing the edge back on the way down. This is the fastest I've seen it so try it out!

Doxy

Smash Rookie
I could be wrong or maybe my timing is not right enough but I find when I tilt down to get off the ledge that the enemy can approach easier since it feels like I'm off the edge longer. Not completely sure though.

Top Bottom