• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Cancel Flip Kick

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
Just a quick post, I've been having trouble intentionally landing ledge cancels with flip kick. I've done so once or twice accidentally, but I really want to start using them properly. Instead of cancelling I just land on the platform just shy of the edge with all of the kick end-lag. How should I aim these?

A video or highlighted image may be easier than trying to explain the wording, I'm dumb sometimes :p

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
After landing on the edge of the platform, you need to press and hold the left stick into the direction you want to slide off.
That's it. The rest is Training mode grinding all day long.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I find that looking for markers on the ground for easier cancels is good too. The gold colored swirly thing is a good marker for me when doing platform cancels on battlefield from ground level. That's not an exact description, but you get the idea. Find visual cues, and it should help.

Iridex

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChrisA.123
@ Dr. Tuen Dr. Tuen @ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to find some markers, smashville is definitely gonna be a problem for makers though xD
Finding markers is definitely the best way to go about it, I've been messing around on BF with ledge cancels recently and I've found the from the gold part in the center you can edge cancel on the edges of both the side platforms and the ledges. And from the edges of the side platforms you can edge cancel on the top one. Not sure about other stages though.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Finding markers is definitely the best way to go about it, I've been messing around on BF with ledge cancels recently and I've found the from the gold part in the center you can edge cancel on the edges of both the side platforms and the ledges. And from the edges of the side platforms you can edge cancel on the top one. Not sure about other stages though.
Another marker would be at the very edge of both the left and right platforms. If you do an extended SH flip kick, you'll be able to ledge cancel to the middle ledge that is furthest away.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
The thing is though since you can control how far you want to go horizontally, it isn't always super easy unless you are letting go of the analog stick and doing normal ones.

It's easy to accidentally hold right or left to far in the heat of battle but once you do it enough you can judge alot better and it will become second nature.

Top Bottom