• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

link vs fox

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647
who's better i think link because he can stop almost all his recovery options. If link is near ledge he can grab fox while charging his recovery and down smash his recovery. But fox is quicker and has nice combos whats your opinion.
:link64: vs :fox64:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
link can stop fox recovery options but link HAS no recovery

link has one of the worst recoveries in the game

Annex

Smash Ace
Both
And Link loses to fox very badly
Also, foxes dash attack isn't as common an approach as fair, dair, or laser, which will all beat links grab. As for stopping fox's recovery, every character can do that, and links grab isn't especially good at it
It's good to see you playing Link though. Try getting online if you can

Sedda

Smash Champion
yeah fox is really good against link, but it's not impossible for link. i think this matchup would be a lot better for link if he had a regular grab, but even then it's not TOO bad. in my experience, you have to know how to navigate the platforms really well against fox. he can just trap you on the ground with his lasers (and the fact that link's jump is very slow). cant miss your edgeguards.

you can also bait the shine with boomerangs and bombs. fun matchup

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Do you play link in 64, or are you thinking in theory? I feel like of all the times I've seen fox recover, either playing or watching videos, he was in link's grab range maybe 5% of them.

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647
yes
Do you play link in 64, or are you thinking in theory? I feel like of all the times I've seen fox recover, either playing or watching videos, he was in link's grab range maybe 5% of them.
yes i have and play 64

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
As a Link main in 64, I can safely say Fox wins this MU easily. He combos Link's ass off, and can weave through his projectiles pretty well. Combined with his good approach options, it doesn't look good for our green-clad friend.

Top Bottom