• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Shield

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
Seriously this angers me. I've been picking up Lucario recently, and I was playing my friends Roy. Anytime i'd shield more than one hit, I'd get shield poked by his dtilt. I paused the game when i had a full shield and noticed that lucario's ears and tail stick out of his shield. I get that tilting my shield could be a fix to this, but still, the fact tat his shield doesn't cover his whole body is a little dumb. Anybody else notice this?

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's shield has always been this way in Project M as a way to compensate for his incredible damage potential. You are neither the first nor the last who will find his shield size infuriating.

With that in mind, it is nice to note that the shield is just a smaller size category and has the same amount of shield health as anyone else. Comically enough, due to this, shielding for incredibly long duration and tilting to block yields more consistent blocks despite shield size than other characters with properly sized shields, since the size difference between a full shield and a low health shield is less significant. Certainly not easy to use, but thankfully not too bad.

Top Bottom