• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Down B is still Luigi Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
As noted at the very end of today's Nintendo Direct (around the 35:35 mark). Personally, I'm glad that they kept this move. It was my go to move for crowd control and recovery.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yes, and it kills any remaining doubt about the Poltergust not being his Final Smash.

It should have stayed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And honestly.
I prefer it this way. The Luigi Cyclone was too good to lose.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Agree with the rest. The Poltergust is only good as a grab or FS so either one worked for me.

D

Deleted member

I heavily prefer having the Luigi Cyclone be his down special instead of the Poltergust. If the Poltergust replaced the Luigi Cyclone, it would have heavily nerfed Luigi's recovery; it's important that he still has it since his recovery would be bad without it and his recovery already is absolutely predictable.

I was honestly excited to see it return! I just hope that I don't have to do as much painful button mashing like in Melee...

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm personally very happy that the Luigi Cyclone is still here. It was one of the only reasons to play as Luigi over Mario. He'e one of my mains in every Smash game to date because of this one move.(And Green Missile but that's unpredictable)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Why does luigi still have this move? mario's was changed in brawl so what's luigi's deal

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That has enough difference to make it feel unique and it is something luigi actually does same with the fireball
Well, technically Luigi uses it as well with the New Super Mario Bros. games but those all came after brawl to my knowledge. Also, while fireballs are something Luigi does, the origin of the green fireball is from the game Mario Bros. in which there was no fire power up and it was just a generic hazard.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Luigi's down special worked nothing like Mario's. And besides, having removed the latter, why would they do the same to Luigi if he's the only character now with that special?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Luigi's down special worked nothing like Mario's. And besides, having removed the latter, why would they do the same to Luigi if he's the only character now with that special?
Because it wasn't his and they should use something he actually does

D

Deleted member

I don't see why people are complaining about this.
Sure, it's not a move that Luigi canonically uses, but having the Luigi Cyclone helps Luigi differentiate from Mario even more.
Also, do you guys want Luigi to be nerfed? His recovery is awful; it's easily gimpable and it's absolutely predictable. The Luigi Cyclone at least helps him in recovering; removing it would desperately hurt Luigi.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't see why people are complaining about this.
Sure, it's not a move that Luigi canonically uses, but having the Luigi Cyclone helps Luigi differentiate from Mario even more.
Also, do you guys want Luigi to be nerfed? His recovery is awful; it's easily gimpable and it's absolutely predictable. The Luigi Cyclone at least helps him in recovering; removing it would desperately hurt Luigi.
Unless his new down b helped his recovery

D

Deleted member

Unless his new down b helped his recovery
The only candidate I could think of is the Poltergust... which wouldn't help Luigi at all in terms of recovering.

As a Luigi main, seeing the Luigi Cyclone is a blessing. At least I know that Luigi could still have a decent recovery.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm in agreement with most of the crowd, I'm happy that it's back. It is different than Mario's as Luigi's is a special that can be utilized as additional recovery and Mario's is just a neutral attack.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
It was mainly inspired from SMW, but it isn't a move that Luigi normally uses. (though SM3DW sorta revitalized it)
Well, he also uses it in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64DS, so there's at least a reason why he has the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom