• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Moves in Sm4sh Video

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
His combo ability seems to have vastly improved! Looking forward to seeing more from the green plumber!

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Seems virtually the same, aside from the new down throw and cancelling missile. (Wonder if that will benefit or hinder). He can also combo a bit better. I could swear his 3 jab attack had more range on the final hit (the butt). Unfortunately the Fair and Dair were not restored to their former glory. Nair and Bair both do 14 though, which is quite strong.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, also forgot to mention Luigi grabs with one hand instead of two now. Don't know why they changed that but ok...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The cancelling missile seems like it might hinder some kinds of recovery.
Eh, I doubt people would take a chance and hold it that long. You'd have to be high up to be able to charge it that long and with that height you could just use a super punch jump. But if you accidentally use Green Missile in the wrong direction [while on the ground] you can wait so you won't launch yourself of the stage. I don't know bout others, but I tend to do this alot. I consider this a neutral change.
His air buffs and nerfs cancel each other out.
Combo ability increase and increase range for 3rd punch.
I think Luigi has been buffed using this so... Middle tier?
Yaaaaaaaaay!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I expect some great combos for Luigi, he is looking like an awesome character (not that he wasn't before, he certainly was).

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I like in the video how the guy was trying to land a down throw to up b. Imagine if it worked...

Up B is harder to land in this, I felt. Tornado felt buffed though.

D

Deleted member

That down throw looks glorious.
As a Luigi main, I love going for a down throw and just combo away. It seems as though they are doing that here! This is just a magnificent buff in my eyes.
Hopefully he will get more!

Luigi player

Smash Master
I like his new dthrow animation. It feels like it comes straight from the Mario & Luigi games where he's just goofing around and really funny. Guess he learned from King Dedede to jump on the opponent with his butt...

Is it just me or is Luigi turning into Peach somehow? So many butt-moves, lol.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Or Wario and his D throw o.o

Last edited:

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet
Luigi seems all-around better from what I could see, along with being overall sillier, which is pretty much what I am looking for with Luigi, so that's good!

Haha, so I see you mained Luigi in every game too Yonder?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi seems all-around better from what I could see, along with being overall sillier, which is pretty much what I am looking for with Luigi, so that's good!

Haha, so I see you mained Luigi in every game too Yonder?
Of course! Although I'm virtually useless with him in 64 sadly. I'm a little better with his wavedashing in Melee/Project M, and I'm way better with him in Brawl. He felt way faster in Smash 4 though (even moreso then Melee) so my hopes are high for him!

Top Bottom