• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magnets, How Do They Work? A Lucas Combo Video by Calabrel

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Before even finishing the video I had to rewatch and comment on that opening clip with the mario cape > d-air meteor like 5 times, that was too funny lol.

Good work!

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Before even finishing the video I had to rewatch and comment on that opening clip with the mario cape > d-air meteor like 5 times, that was too funny lol.

Good work!
Haha, thanks. I can't remember if that was accidental or intentional, I know he was using the cape a lot. It was likely accidental though. :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I really like your combos, the stagespikes with magnet got me good :p also, your Lucas moves really really fast.

Have you tried dair > usmash out of a jab reset? I saw you doing FH dair > falling dair > usmash and figured you might like the idea if you don't use it already.

:059:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Have you tried dair > usmash out of a jab reset? I saw you doing FH dair > falling dair > usmash and figured you might like the idea if you don't use it already.
Man I love dair> usmash but dair is really bad on sheild. Great idea, thanks!

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Hey calabrel, once more, great video.
You didn't answer me through youtube comments so here it goes again.
You said you can't tether facing the other way (and we all know that right?), you have to reverse down-b to turn around first.
But at min 7:30 you went full magnet on me

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he does do a magnet turnaround there, but very close to the blast zone and its obscured by the flash of his destroyed opponent.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Hey calabrel, once more, great video.
You didn't answer me through youtube comments so here it goes again.
You said you can't tether facing the other way (and we all know that right?), you have to reverse down-b to turn around first.
But at min 7:30 you went full magnet on me
Soo sorry, I hadn't realized you had replied to my reply. Yeah, Burnsy got it right. I did do a magnet turnaround and it was obscured by the KO animation of my opponent. You can magnet turnaround and jump very fast, as I'm sure you're already away of.

Thank you everyone for all the comments!

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for that explanation, from now on i see no reason why not to magnet before mid-air jump (because magnet it's cancellable by jump you can always use it to turn around when heading for the ledge, it also gives you a little horizontal boost)
Lucas confirmed for the king of gimps

Top Bottom