• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Final Smash

Wralk

Smash Rookie
I've wanted to see this changed since Wii U. Here's to hoping Mario gets a final smash that's cool and interesting before release! (Doctor Mario's old final smash is still there for those that would want that) I wanted to see if anybody else had any ideas for a new final smash Mario could have. Personally, while I think it'd be hard to implement him possessing another player, I would at least like to see him possess a T-rex or something, just like in Odyssey.

How would you like to see Mario's final smash changed, in the off-chance that it does?

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
I'd honestly keep it, it feels as basic and easy to use as the rest of this moveset. Mario shouldn't really have anything flashy and bizarre about him.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
The only thing I would like about it to be changed is so it killed in a more consistant manner. Otherwise, I think it does it's job properly.

Yeah, I don't think Mario's final Smash should be changed. It's basic and generic, yeah, but it's supposed to be. Mario's meant to be the Ryu of Smash Bros, he has to have an easy to grasp, basic moveset to reflect his status as the jack of all trades amongst the cast. (Plus, it looks cool)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Mario in many ways started out as the Shoto of Smash, and his FS is pretty much his version of Shinku Hadoken, though it may be his super move from Double Dash as well.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If they wanted to stay with the theme of fire and simplicity, they could have him use a Fire Flower and then start chucking a bunch of fireballs everywhere. Not too different from Mario Finale and it would make sense. Honestly, this is what it should have been from the start, even though Mario Finale does look cool.

If they wanted to stay with the theme of fire and simplicity, they could have him use a Fire Flower and then start chucking a bunch of fireballs everywhere. Not too different from Mario Finale and it would make sense. Honestly, this is what it should have been from the start, even though Mario Finale does look cool.
In fairness's sake, Mario can use fire without a Fire Flower (Superstar Saga, Super Mario RPG, etc), and he already has a Fire Mario alt.

D

Deleted member

Although him turning into the Tyrannosarus Rex, from Super Mario Odyssey, or using Fire Mario where he, shoots fireballs. For a bit would have been okay I don't mind Mario Finale returning.

Top Bottom