• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman

Official Website
Youtube Channel
Like us on Facebook!
Current Revision: 3.3 Full / 3.3 Slippi Rollback
DOWNLOAD LINKS ON THE WEBSITE

What is SD Remix?
SD Remix is a Super Smash Bros. Melee hack, based off of the v1.0 version of the game, designed to better balance the game through only character buffs. SD Remix intends to improve to the weaker characters to viable levels by:
- Addressing their crippling weaknesses
- Providing them stronger offensive and defensive options in line with the stronger cast members
- Maintaining each character's archetype and niche.

Frequently Asked Question(s)

Q. "How do I install this?!"
A. Installation guides available at the official SD Remix website.

Q. "Where's the changelist?"
A. For a complete changelist, visit _glook's SDR page

Q. "Are there any bugs in SD Remix?"
A. Yes, they are documented below:
List of SD Remix 3.1/3.2 characters with sub-action address changes (i.e. potential animation glitches):

Format:
Code:
Character (Reason for gitches)
* Glitches listed
Note: List is not exhaustive. Likelihood more item-related animation glitches may be present.

Note 2: Most of these animation glitches do ***NOT*** affect gameplay for these characters (i.e. the cooldown of these actions is not affected)

Those that ***DO*** affect gameplay are in all caps and bold

- Bowser :bowsermelee: (Connecting hitbox on ground Down-B)
* Dash Item Throw animation slowed down
* Smash Item Throw Up (Ground) animation slowed down
* BEAM SWORD JAB RANGE DECREASED (DUE TO ANIMATION SLOWDOWN)

* Ray Gun shot (Ground) animation slowed down
* Fire Flower shot (Ground) animation slowed down
* Fire Flower shot (Air) animation slowed down
* Super Scope charging animation (Ground) slowed down
* Super Scope shooting animation (Ground) slowed down
* Super Scope charging animation (Air) slowed down
* Super Scope shooting animation (Air) slowed down

- Mario :mariomelee: (U-air frame 6 hitbox mask)
* Smash Item Throw Forward (Ground) animation slowed down
* Smash Item Throw Forward (Air) has no animation
* Smash Item Throw Back (Air) has no animation
* BEAM SWORD F-SMASH RANGE DECREASED (DUE TO ANIMATION SLOWDOWN)

- Mewtwo :mewtwomelee: (moving Up-B invinciblity from frame 8 to frame 4)
* None yet discovered

- Ness :nessmelee: (leftovers of PSI Magnet hitbox change)
* Tilt Item Throw Up (Air) animation slowed down
* BEAM SWORD F-SMASH RANGE DECREASED (DUE TO ANIMATION SLOWDOWN)

- Yoshi :yoshimelee: (Connecting hitbox on ground Down-B)
* Smash Item Throw Up (Air) animation slowed down
* Smash Item Throw Forward (Ground) animation slowed down
* Smash Item Throw Back (Ground) animation slowed down
* BEAM SWORD JAB RANGE DECREASED (DUE TO ANIMATION SLOWDOWN)
* BEAM SWORD DASH RANGE DECREASED (DUE TO ANIMATION SLOWDOWN)

* Yoshi's second hitbox on Dash Attack removed by mistake.

- Zelda :zeldamelee: (landing Nair hitbox)
* Landing with Nair causes electrical sparks
* Soft landing animation slowed down

Changelists are available on the official website.

Q. "Who made SD Remix?"
A.
Key Staff
VietGeek - Concept creator; lead battle planner
Ripple - lead battle planner
Standardtoaster - lead ASM programmer
_glook - SD Remix 3.2 and SD Remix Lite 3.2 lead programmer
DruggedFox - testing; battle planning assistance

Special Thanks
Magus420 - Frame Speed Modifier code
Project M Staff - MasterHand file viewer
Achilles1515 - Luigi Cyclone inject code; 1.02 Code support, stage modifications
Myougi - stage modifications
felipe_9595 - logo design
_Novi - publicist
RoyalSyrup - Dolphin support
Milun - stage modifications
SypherPhoenix and TheDekuNut - Debug Mode in-game menu graphic

Last edited:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Also if you are interested in being a playtester but do not know how to mod your Wii, I can help~!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what "problems"? the fact thast you can't SDI hits that do less than 1%?

that helps zelda/y.link/bowser/ samus/ ness considerably

Magus420

Smash Master
Only relevant to 1 damage hitboxes. 2 damage can't stale to under 1 damage.

Also 1.01 is the same as 1.00 but with Ganon's 2nd n-air kick timer fixed and I think HRC bug fixed. Any other changes I'm pretty sure are things that are entirely unknown to be changed in any version. 1.02 is where the hitlag change, flame cancel removed, etc happened.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Besides the Ganondorf N-air goof, would it be safe to say the other gameplay changes reside within the respective main.dol files? And are the .dol files interchangeable via injection?

Magus420

Smash Master
Haven't tried doing that so I don't know.

Long time ago I checked for differences in the character files which led to figuring out hitboxes (when I looked at PAL Fox). These have differences in their Pl**.dat from 1.00 -> 1.01: DK, Ganon, Roy, and Crazy Hand.

No idea what DK's is. It's @0x9F78: 0x48->40. Ganon besides the n-air change also has something removed after the Async[5] timer in Jab, something added during up-b, and maybe something else I missed. Roy has the same thing Ganon had removed from Jab, and other stuff earlier in the file.

Only changes in the Pl**.dat files from 1.01 -> 1.02 are Ness and Peach. Ness a subroutine address is changed from 4038 to 4054. It might be in action coding or something because it's not in any subaction I saw. No idea with Peach, since the file is rebuilt too differently to easily find differences.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm interested in this. Especially as a Ganon main who plays Kirby.

Unfortunately, I don't play with other people enough to be a decent playtester. The last time I played someone was about 3 months ago.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For Roy's and Ganon's jab, it looks like the vestigial 74 00 00 0X command to open the window to continue to the next nonexistent jab(s) was removed.

For Ness it looks like two or so floating points were modified. My crude assumption is this affects Yoyo charging proximity on the edge, who knows.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Thanks to everyone who watched the stream! And especially Novi for streaming it, haha!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wow, looking up SDM's frame data stuff and I just learned that ALL get up attacks from the ledge whether under or over 100% lose their invincibility 4 frames before the first hitbox comes out. I really want to change this :/

IDK about anyone else, but this makes me angry since attacks from the faceplant or backplant position are invincible until the last frame of the attack with 2 exceptions.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
wow, looking up SDM's frame data stuff and I just learned that ALL get up attacks from the ledge whether under or over 100% lose their invincibility 4 frames before the first hitbox comes out. I really want to change this :/

IDK about anyone else, but this makes me angry since attacks from the faceplant or backplant position are invincible until the last frame of the attack with 2 exceptions.
I don't see why ledge getup attacks need to be buffed if that's what you're implying.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Going to renew my ill-fated search for Kirby's F/Bthrow floating points. If they even exist.

I wish there was a Riivolution-like tool for Gamecube games.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in play testing, cube is modded.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Mmm~ Sounds interesting. I like this. ¿how can I help?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You can help by playtesting with friends at tournaments and Smashfests to provide feedback on changes.

You will need a hacked Wii or Gamecube (I do know not much about the latter's hacking process), a SD Card or blank DVD-RWs (you may receive many changes while playing this "closed alpha!") or USB drive/hard drive. Basically you need some method to boot up a hacked Melee ISO as there is no fille loader for retail Gamecube games (:().

If you want, I can help you some more on or after this Tuesday.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hello! I'm here at Smasher's Reunion, good news!

I got a LOT of people trying out the SD Remix, especially low tier mains like Nedech (Europe's best DK). I streamed and taped everyone. Most people absolutely LOVED the mod and they were having a blast with it!

ARmada said he would take a look at it tomorrow, he was excited. (He's very good with Kirby and obv. Young Link).

Dr. PP tried it out earlier this week but he didn't seem to enjoy it so much, I got around 20 minutes of footage on tape. I'll try to get as many top players try it as possible.

I made a quick logo for the project, it kinda sucks but it's better than nothing:

I also made a Facebook Page for this project:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Smash-Bros-Melee-SD-Remix-Balance-Patch/444819112215907

Like it, now!

E:

The stream videos can be found here:

http://www.twitch.tv/smashfinland/videos

I have better quality of the game & commentary on my videocamera. I'll upload the videos as soon as possible!

E2:

http://www.twitch.tv/smashfinland/b/324813736

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Be sure to tell armada to use kirbys hammer off stage. I don't think many good kirby players use that move.

Also tell him its in the alpha stages, if he finds something broken or has a suggestion please feel free to tell us
:phone:

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Interesting

This is pretty cool, we can finally put those low tier characters to use. I would also like to apply for play tester.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
So I don't need anything except for the stuff I already have when I can play p:m on a PAL wii to play this patch ?

I hope I don't appear as 'impertinent' (I had to use google translate for this one :p), but I would like to be a play tester as well :3
I'm not that good in melee but I play with good players from time to time.
I think I could give some useful feedback but I can also wait for a public release, when do you plan on releasing one ?

This patch looks pretty good already, nice job! It also seems to be different from p:m, which is kinda a good thing, not because p:m would be bad or anything like that, but because we don't need the exact same thing twice. I like how kill moves seem to kill very early in this game, at least that's what it looks like on the stream.
What were the reactions at Smasher's Reunion ?

Oh and I wanted to ask about one thing that I think was a really good design decision in P:M: Can you add that characters flash white when doing a l-cancel to this game ?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So I don't need anything except for the stuff I already have when I can play p:m on a PAL wii to play this patch
Somewhat, but not quite. The process is very easy though if you have a 2GB or higher SD card though. I can help you via PM if you need it. The hardest part is honestly obtaining a NTSC-U Melee ISO, which I cannot provide here.

I think I could give some useful feedback but I can also wait for a public release, when do you plan on releasing one ?
Still no date decided for a public release I'm afraid. However, I can help you set up your Wii to be a playtester.

The biggest obstacle to making this a public release is the relative difficulty of installing it compared to, say, P:M. It is still easy but somewhat wordy.

Here, you MUST have a Melee ISO (which most people would obtain illegally since that's sadly still more convenient than ripping a copy from your own disc), and you MUST have a hacked Wii/Gamecube, and one of the steps in installation requires some basic use of Command Prompt, which no matter how basic, still dissuades people.

It is the unfortunate consequence of hacking an older game.

Oh and I wanted to ask about one thing that I think was a really good design decision in P:M: Can you add that characters flash white when doing a l-cancel to this game ?
We cannot as far as I know. The white flash is part of the cheat code that artificially recreates L-cancelling in Brawl. While it should be possible to create a code that calls for such a graphic to occur when one L-cancels in Melee, the current team working on this project lacks anyone with the knowledge to create such a code.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Is there any chance you can post the changes made to the characters? When watching the videos I don't notice many differences aside from some attacks simply being stronger.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Sup, Im really interested in playtesting this, For Link specifically, I'm a link main and I can this of a thousand different way's of improving link, so i would be happy to provide feed back for the game

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Only changes in the Pl**.dat files from 1.01 -> 1.02 are Ness and Peach. Ness a subroutine address is changed from 4038 to 4054. It might be in action coding or something because it's not in any subaction I saw. No idea with Peach, since the file is rebuilt too differently to easily find differences.

VietGeek;14638205For Ness it looks like two or so floating points were modified. My crude assumption is this affects Yoyo charging proximity on the edge said:
I think I know what's inside that bit of data. In Melee versions 1.0 and 1.1 when Ness is controlling his PK Thunder and gets hit by an attack before the PKT hits a wall, the opponent, or himself the PKT stays travelling in the direction it was going the moment Ness got hit but it becomes a stray projectile and can hit anyone, including Ness and his teammates (here's a demo if it sounds a bit confusing). It's one of the reasons why I almost always try to avoid v1.2 with Ness and seeing as it's the only difference I know of it has to be it.

Also I'd like to playtest. I have a hacked Wii ready to go.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@both Zodiac and Mr. Jackpot

I'll follow up with you guys by sometime tomorrow night (-5:00 GMT; US EST time). I'm working on another revision after some feedback from Smasher's Reunion, making many but minor changes to rectify some of the more prominent concerns. You two will receive this revision alongside everyone else. =D

Is there any chance you can post the changes made to the characters? When watching the videos I don't notice many differences aside from some attacks simply being stronger.
You're right: simply looking at the game being played makes it difficult to pinpoint most of the changes. However, the change list is essentially private now, especially as another revision is about to roll out. Rest assured there will be a public change list during the public release, but that is far off.

The easiest way to take a glimpse at the change list is to become a playtester. You also get the perk of influencing changes, because everything involves politics. Haha. Let me know if you want to sign on though. :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind giving yoshi a shot. I don't have a modded wii (just a regular one), but Chain-Ace and StriCNYN3 do I think, and if you set them up with it i'd love to test out yoshi vses them. :) I only live 10 minutes from those 2.

Edit: And I could record the matches and put them on youtube. Chain-ace get it done !!

phish-it

Smash Champion
So, I'd like to give this one a shot; give some feedback and see how other people compare it to my own project.

Top Bottom