• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Kinght's name of side-b changed

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
When "Four Special Move Types" came out, they showed Meta Knight's special moves. It stated that Meta Knight's side b's name is "Triple Dash". But, Nov. 15 Thu. 2007's update officially changes his side b's name to "Drill Rush". Masahiro Sakurai also went back to the "Four Special Move Types" update and changed "Triple Dash" to "Drill Rush".

My question is "Why did he do that?".

*wazgood found this first, but his thread got closed for some reason
*dang it! i spelled "knight" as "kinght" on the tread title! =[

Draquoir

Smash Cadet
My guess is that the original japanese was not changed but the english translation was free for any changes simply because of the flexibility with the names.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Because "Drill Rush" is better than "Triple Dash" because it makes more sense. But if I were living in Japan, both would sound supaa cool and I wouldn't care.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
simple, when they first made that update, Metaknight's >b had something to do with dashing three times, most likely in one direction. At e4all, they changed it into a DRILLING RUSH. so when Metaknight's specials came out, they made it drill rush.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Except the picture of "Triple Dash" shown was the same as what I saw at E for All (Drill Rush). It seems like the only thing they changed was the name.

It's likely that the move was originally going to be a "dash" of some sort, but was briefly or never implemented and the "drill" was used instead, at which point the name stayed (until recently).

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Sorry for all my rapid posts!!
First, the name is all that has changed. Second, I like the sound of Drill Rush more, and it makes more sense.

Chepe

Smash Lord
According to people who can read Japanese, the name was always Drill Rush in the JPN Dojo... They had called it Triple Dash in English for some reason. They must have finally realized it was a dumb name, Im glad for the change.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
so, I'm beginning to wonder myself why this topic isn't closed. so his move name changed, big deal. obviously dashing three times was the orginal plan, but he apparently rushes in a drill pattern!

shinzou

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I originally thought MK's atacks was gunna be 3 dashes side ways...

Top Bottom