• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight working with IceClimber

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
(I couldn't find a thread on this, I'm sorry if there is)

In the Subspace Emissionary Video announced today,
there is a brief scene with MetaKnight and Iceclimbers working together
to defeat Wire Frame Characters (? )
It's 1:18 in,
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea10.html

It's odd, because MetaKnight is an enemy, at least I thought he was.

Any explainations?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Seems like the SSE jacked his ship.

Hes never really been a bad guy. More of just like Kirbys rival to test him for the real enemy. So I think hes actually a good guy, and teams up with the good guys to stop the SSE

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight's only been a real main-focus antagonist (key word!) once. Besides that, I'm pretty sure he's only been a boss one other time and that was under Dedede's orders. And in that game, Dedede was the good guy and Kirby was being a ******.

I can't wait to see how this plays out plot-wise, though.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
"Even if he has antagonistic qualities, he seems to be a guardian of Dreamland much akin to Kirby. Indeed, he has even come to Kirby's aid in more than one occasion which brings to question his motives and beliefs. It could be thought that when Meta Knight fights Kirby he is not necessarily trying to stop him, but rather test Kirby's skill, determination, and courage. Perhaps it is because he wishes to ally only with one who is worthy? Perhaps it is to prepare Kirby for the challenges to come? At any rate, he is certainly not an "evil" character." - T1mmy

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
T!mmy's quote sums it up. Meta's never been a baddy. DARK MK from Amazing Mirror is, but everytime you fight Meta in the games he's either testing your skill or trying to prevent you from doing something stupid, usually unleashing some evil force (which Kirby seems to accidentally do far too often for the good of Dream Land!). If he's more of a rival, not a villain, in the canon games, why would hi own creator make him EVIL in SSE? He wouldn't wouldn't make sense. We already have a pic of MK fighting Subspace baddies too:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803d-l.jpg
Somehow, I saw the MK/IC pair coming, called it about a week ago when chatting with friends about SSE. I'm glad it came true, for some reason they seem like a good team. Mallets and Sword are an interesting combo! It'll be interesting to see the full story. Great week, we're back on track with updates! And we finally got more Subspace, I've been praying for weeks!! The one thing this (and the pic I posted) seems to confirm is Meta Knight (thankfully) isn't a bad guy, as he is fighting the SSE army and is teamed up with probably some of the cutest video game chars of all-time! Stupid Ancient Minister, you feel feel the wrath of the Winged Knight for stealing the Battle ship Halberd!! :) :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Meta Knight is not evil, so we all knew he wouldn't be working with the Subspace Emissary willfully. Obviously the Minister stole his ship and Meta Knight's going to get it back and kick butt while he's at it.

However....

It will be interesting to see if Dark Meta Knight is working with the Minister. ;)

gamer8

Smash Lord
Probably he's fighting AGAINST the Ice Climbers? Meta Knight and Ice Climbers are the weirdest pair...

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
DEFINITELY not fighting them!! Did you watch the movie? They are beating up the same enemies! They are an odd piar, but a fine one style wise if you ask me!

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
Seems like the SSE jacked his ship.

Hes never really been a bad guy. More of just like Kirbys rival to test him for the real enemy. So I think hes actually a good guy, and teams up with the good guys to stop the SSE
i think ur forgettin about revenge of the metaknight where he tried to take over dreamland
then again he tried to be the hero in kirby and the amazing mirror

SilverWolf

Smash Rookie
I agree with Dry Bones.
He may just want his Halberd back. He got stolen xD .
Or he uses the IceClimbers for some evil purpose, making them think he´s good and not evil...

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
OR perhaps he starts evil then turns good. . .
Oh well. I guess we'll wait and see.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Yes, think like SSE are terrorists. they hijack flying vehicles, use them to terrorize people, terrifyingly, and use bombs and nameless, faceless, kamakaze freaks to get their work done.

froggster93

Smash Rookie
I agree with Dry Bones.
He may just want his Halberd back. He got stolen xD .
Or he uses the IceClimbers for some evil purpose, making them think he´s good and not evil...
That is a very good possibility and I might agree with that, except in the other picture it's showing metaknight fighting the subspace army alone, which proves that they took his ship

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
i agree with the ship jacking theory.
Agreed. the first time you see the Ship, you dont see Metaknight, and it feels like you should, because its his ship. But really, you dont. So.. this either means

1. Metaknight Is an Unlockable and you arent ment to see him untill later in the game

2. Metaknight isnt on the ship. (May be, or may not be unlockable)

Top Bottom