• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Important Mechanics to Learn on Wolf?

Lily~!

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm a noob to this whole competitive Smash thing, so I'm pretty much poop-status in terms of my mechanical abilities. I can wavedash, dash dance, SHFFL, etc... but I can't really do any of them consistently, and most of the time I try to practice I only do it for 5 minutes then try practicing something else. Which mechanics should be my top priorities on getting consistent ASAP? And besides the standard mechanics that every character makes use of, are there any Wolf-specific mechanics I need to learn?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
First and formost, get dash dancing down completely, learn how to use it well, not just in place. Dash dancing while still gaining distance in one direction, and understanding how/when to dash out of an attack range and then back in to punish.

Shffling comes right after that as completely essential for all characters before you go into character specific stuff. Do you best to never miss an l cancel, and learn when you want to fast fall or not.

Because wolf is a spacie, being comfortable jumping out of his shine is neccesary. Get good at doing any jump related techniques (wavedashing, shffling, and Jump canceled grabs and up smashes ) out of shine. Its needded for wolfs more flexible combo strings.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely agree w/ what Soft Serve said, but I'd also add the waveland blaster. It's so useful for spacing. Makes the blaster actually good.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
^ i think blaster WD in place is the best, then backwards. Just for spacing they are safer and control more space/opitions.

Top Bottom