• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Ganon matchup

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
So I've been playing Olimar in For Glory a lot lately and I've been doing really well. But every now and then I run into the inevitable Ganon spammer and 1/2 times I lose rather embarrassingly....

What do I do to counter his side-b into d-tilt combo? It seems like I've been able to escape the d-tilt before with other characters, but never with Olimar. And since Olimar is so lightweight and Ganon hits so hard his d-tilt kills me fast, even if it's as stale as it can get. Also, Ganon shakes Pikmin really fast, so the MU just gives me trouble all around, even though I feel like it shouldn't.

I try to bait the side-b and punish, but they seem to always get me with it when I'm landing since Olimar is horrible at landing safely when he's knocked above the stage.

I'm still new to Olimar, so I'm really open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
If you want to roll out of his flame choke (side-b), shield right as you hit the ground. It's hard to time, but it's very useful. You can even roll to the left or right after you've hit the shield button.

Be grateful you ran into Ganons that don't know they can f-tilt after flame choke. Waaaaay worse.

Top Bottom