• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needle edge stalling?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I haven't seen anyone trying it, but i would really just like to add on to your question.

Can she still kill a full samus shot with just one needle? I will be so pissed if she can. That was one of the most broken things in Melee. She could really stop any thing with those **** needles. Any item, Boomerang, Samus shot, fireballs, pills, it was crazy

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Confirmations from play

I don't have any videos, but I can confirm for you from personal experience that a signle needle will NOT destroy samus' Charged up shot. I however did not test this with multiple needles, or reliably with destroying her missiles.

...on another note, ironically, Sheik's needles now act like Samu's charge shot. Pressing B will put her into a charge where she builds up the six needles as she had before, and another B will fire them off. Needle spamming is MUCH slower now due to this, since you now have to press B twice to get a single shot out.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
hm, so her needles have new properties.

I was just wondering, cause in melee you had to tap L or R to stop the charging. Now with the sweet spotting edge grabbing whatever physics, (:X) Should it just auto grab if you drop from ledge, jump, charge?

All i neeeeedta know.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Needles just pass through ranged attacks. If lucario fires and fully charged aura sphere into your set of fully charged needles then lucario eats needles and you eat aura sphere.

S2

Smash Lord
Does it just go through energy based attacks or physical as well?

As in, will it connect with say, one of Samus' missiles?

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen anyone trying it, but i would really just like to add on to your question.

Can she still kill a full samus shot with just one needle? I will be so pissed if she can. That was one of the most broken things in Melee. She could really stop any thing with those **** needles. Any item, Boomerang, Samus shot, fireballs, pills, it was crazy

i guess you can say it's the wonder of the shiekah tribe attacks!

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Does it just go through energy based attacks or physical as well?

As in, will it connect with say, one of Samus' missiles?

All I know about needles thus far is they pass through aura sphere and a charged shot from samus.

Top Bottom