• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral-B Usable?

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
Does anyone even remember that Yoshi has a Neutral-B?
Has anyone ever used it, ever?
Opponents can mash-out of it before they get into any danger and almost-instantly cover with an attack.
Not to mention that even accidentally DIing will put you at a safe distance form Yoshi.

The only thing I see it being used for is taking pressure off and allowing you to retreat when you're getting swamped.

Does anyone else have a good use for this move? I still have hope.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I'll use it to mess with my opponent. I'll end up Dairing the egg they're in to get easy %s.
As nice as it is, it's hard to combo off of it but it definitely can be used to get rid of pressure.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Fight somebody who doesn't mash. It immediately becomes better than shine and Fox's up smash combined.

Real talk though, Neutral B isn't half bad. Since your enemy has to mash out of it, they can do some really dumb and punishable things when they break out, and even though that's inconsistent, neutral B's speed and range is so good that you might as well try it once in a while if you want to throw off your opponent.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's an air grab, and it's the longest ranged command grab in the game. If you don't use it too often, they won't be ready to mash their heart out. Why would they? It's a good move, you can even jump out of shield with it, and drift, so it becomes a significantly safer Oos grab option.

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's a great zone breaker tool from just the range itself. If you can't get in, using that will make your opponents be much more wary about your position from mid-close range.

Not only that, but you can use it as a means to help mixup your recovery by B-reversing, of wavebouncing.

Or when you really think about the situation popping out of the egg does to opponents, you're given a juggling opportunity since most characters aren't great at covering spots under them.

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
Good to know, good to know. I wish it was a ledge tether lol. That would be boss.

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
You can B-reverse it which lets you use it as a momentum changer in the same way Tinks use their own neutral b.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
You can B-reverse it which lets you use it as a momentum changer in the same way everyone uses neutral b.
Fixed

But anyway, to the OP, Neutral-B is a very underrated move in PM. Remember, its treated like a grab, so it can go through sheilds, plus its quicker and has a lot more range than hit normal grab. And dont, worry if you cant follow up because of mashing... Egg throw in the direction the egg goes, if you're good with it they will get hit by it and you can follow up from there. You can mix up your move with B-reversing and Wavebouncing, like people have said before. And you can DJ cancel with it as sort of an approach, same way you can use DJC Nair or w/e just with Egg Lay. This is one of the big reason's I think Yoshi is a underrated character. I know Brawl is Brawl... but watch some Brawl matches of good yoshi's like Zudenka and see how he uses Egg Lay, PM Yoshi can use it better and safer than that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom