• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new 2 pichu? not to pika

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Dear Chuers,
I am a pika user, but then for fun, i played a pichu against my freind, and i loved the adorable(yet deadly!!) rat. I thought sincte I am a pika user I need veriaty in my game so i piked it's clone. Anyway, how does the pichu strategies and tactics differ from pika's?

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
well, I'm not really an expert on pikachu, but I can't tell you pichu relies more on the usmash than pikachu and less on the dsmash, pichu's uair doesn't do the semi spike, so uair is only used for juggling (more reliable than juggling with pika's uair b/c of the semi-spike, so you'll probably use it more), also, you'll have to be tricky if you want to hit with pichu's fsmash

pichu is also a lot faster than pikachu in many ways, and pichu doesn't experience horrible lag from landing from an upB without timing for the landfall special lag (unless you hit the ground before the agility is finished)

I guess, you'd probably want to use pichu's electrical attacks less and focus on nair/bair/utilt/uair/dtilt/ftilt and grabs to rack up damage, but, thats not to say fair and dair and other electric attacks don't have their uses

utilt, uair, and uthrow, dthrow are pichu's best combo starters (and usmash at low percentages on fast fallers)

well, usmash and fsmash are pichu's main KO moves, dsmash and nair/bair can also be used to get KOs but are less effective unless you're edgeguarding, or your opponent is at really high percentage

Pils

Smash Apprentice
A general Pichu strategy that works wonders:
Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair
Then, do one of two things:
Fastfallers: Juggle with Uair for a while and then Ftilt/smash off the edge > edgeguard
OR
Usmash FTK.

Trust me, it works.
Oh, and being the pichu with the Nazi thing on it's ear makes your taunt extra sexy. Do it lots.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Fastfallers get crushed by u tilt. The up smash is very powerful, though not as good as pikas. It can actually hit behind you, it has a messed up hit box. Pichu's down smash is a spike unlike pika's. Pichu's f smash is amazing, better than pika's. If ***** fox and falco's recovery. Use the f smash when they recover, and they will be caught in the sparks unable to do anything. Then they will be sent flying. A great pichu combo is back throw/thunderjolt/f tilt if they're off the stage/f smash/edgehog=death to falco/fox. Pichu also has two awesome taunts. Pichu's up b can go in any direction and is more agile than pika's. It is also slower, but I like it better.

One last thing, don't type like a three year old. People will respect you more if you don't. Just get out if you're going to do that.

i_hate_spam

Smash Rookie
You're lightweight, so just look out for the cheap shots when you have high damage, or else you'll fly. Be on your feet!

Top Bottom