• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Adventure Mode as DLC?

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Most people view Brawl's adventure mode, the Subspace Emissary as a flop, a pointless mode with unnecessary longevity thanks to the Great Maze, I view it as an example of squandered potential. The areas featured in Subspace Emissary were bland and uninspired, they seemed more akin to a default Windows desktop background than a vibrant game world. I would have liked to see areas inspired by worlds from various Nintendo franchises, Melee did it, why not Brawl? Next up is the enemies, the Subspace army felt generic, some of the enemies were neat, but it would have been nice to see more enemies from other Nintendo franchises, rather than Super Mario Bros. being the only one that gets represented, I'm a big Mario fan, and even I think that shows a little partiality. Then there's the plot, I know they were going for the whole idea that all of these characters who have been fighting for the previous two games have to put aside....Whatever they're fighting about, (unless it's all just been a tournament, speculate to your heart's content) and work together to stop a huge threat, but I think it would have been better to have a nintendo heroes vs nintendo villains plot, I know they kind of did that near the end with Ganondorf and Bowser, but I just feel like it wasn't fully realized. Most people humorously speculate that if there was a heroes vs villains conflict, the villains would lose too easily because they're outnumbered, but who says all of the villains have to be playable characters? Why don't they just design boss characters specifically for adventure mode, heck, you could even have bosses that fight like playable characters, wherein you would have to knock them out instead of depleting a health bar, and with Smash wii U having the benefit of an additional seven years of nintendo history behind it, there's plenty more characters to choose from, Ghirahim and Queen Metroid boss fights, anyone, how about Dr. Wily? Anyway, those are just a few of my ideas, let me know if you have any.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Most people view Brawl's adventure mode, the Subspace Emissary as a flop, a pointless mode with unnecessary longevity thanks to the Great Maze, I view it as an example of squandered potential. The areas featured in Subspace Emissary were bland and uninspired, they seemed more akin to a default Windows desktop background than a vibrant game world. I would have liked to see areas inspired by worlds from various Nintendo franchises, Melee did it, why not Brawl? Next up is the enemies, the Subspace army felt generic, some of the enemies were neat, but it would have been nice to see more enemies from other Nintendo franchises, rather than Super Mario Bros. being the only one that gets represented, I'm a big Mario fan, and even I think that shows a little partiality. Then there's the plot, I know they were going for the whole idea that all of these characters who have been fighting for the previous two games have to put aside....Whatever they're fighting about, (unless it's all just been a tournament, speculate to your heart's content) and work together to stop a huge threat, but I think it would have been better to have a nintendo heroes vs nintendo villains plot, I know they kind of did that near the end with Ganondorf and Bowser, but I just feel like it wasn't fully realized. Most people humorously speculate that if there was a heroes vs villains conflict, the villains would lose too easily because they're outnumbered, but who says all of the villains have to be playable characters? Why don't they just design boss characters specifically for adventure mode, heck, you could even have bosses that fight like playable characters, wherein you would have to knock them out instead of depleting a health bar, and with Smash wii U having the benefit of an additional seven years of nintendo history behind it, there's plenty more characters to choose from, Ghirahim and Queen Metroid boss fights, anyone, how about Dr. Wily? Anyway, those are just a few of my ideas, let me know if you have any.

Melees adventure was a decent enough side game... I always felt that smash mechanics in a side scroller are out of place though. (outside of moving levels... which tbh I am typically not to fond of but they are part of the game's fun for many.)

If it came back as a side game that would be fine by me... I really don't want a SSE2 though. Felt like it was to big a part of the game, did little to prepare the main game... It was the uniquely shaped smash bros blocked jammed into a round hole with minimal success.

The idea of a side scroller with a bunch of franchises represented sounds amazing... but it needs to be built from the ground up instead of shoving mechanics that don't fit the concept into it.

But for me it is way down the list of cool smash things I want.

Top Bottom