• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Harry (from Teleroboxer)

parrothead

Smash Lord

Teleroboxer's plot (with Harry in the background):

Name: Harry
First Game Appearance: Teleroboxer
Release Date: August 14, 1995
Platform: Virtual Boy

Special Moves:

B: Machine Gun Jab

Forward + B: Machine Gun Hook

Down + B: Machine Gun Body Blow

Up + B: Machine Gun Uppercut

Extreme Attack: Machine Gun Punch (Gives 30% of damage rapidly against an opponent)

Taunt: Same as the second picture.

Entrance: Two small robots bring in his parts, while assembling him.

NOTE: I don't know much about him, because I have never played Teleroboxer before. I checked on the Teleroboxer walkthrough at GameFAQs, and all I found was the names of the moves (except I made up the Extreme Attack). I also know he was mentioned once in Sakurai's poll, which he might appear as an Assist Trophy. Hopefully a controllable one, because Harry was controlled by an unknown person in Teleroboxer, which appears to be whoever plays Teleroboxer.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I cant belive I forgot about this game... Telero Boxer was probably the best game for the Virtual Boy. Im DEFINANTLY all for this. WHY DID I FORGET THIS?!?!?!?! Nice suggestion, he would make a really interesting addition, so good job to you.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Wow, definetly wouldn't think it was a Nintendo character. He looks kool though, and I'd like a character that would use his fists all the time. Yes, he'd be a nice addition to the game and I hope they put him in.

Shame he was born on the Virtual Boy though or else he'd be more well known.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Another good idea for a fighter. When I first heard about him back in the day, all I could think of was him and Mac duking it out. Teleroboxer is the spiritual "Punch-Out VB"

entity

Smash Apprentice
Look's like a nice character. He would make a fine addtion to the SSB chracters. Unfortunaly his not a Nintendo character. :(

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
A very interesting suggestion, indeed. SSB lacks robots, boxers AND a Virtual Boy representant... And he fits all the bills here!

parrothead

Smash Lord
I know Ray (Custom Robo series) is more popular, but adding just one robot probably isn't enough. Harry is a good choice, but that doesn't mean he'll be fully red.

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
Well, he definitely looks cool. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Little Mac slugging away at each other.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow. Teleboxer was the only VB game I actually had the opportunity to play besides VB Mario Tennis. That game was a trip... but I doubt it'll get any representation seeing that Nintendo seems to want to just forget about the VB altogether... a shame really...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The only VB games I got to play were Wario Land and I believe Galactic Pinball. I wanted to play Mario Clash sooooo bad, but they never had it at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us to demo :/ ...but those were the good old days, when I would play Yoshi's Island at Wal-Mart forever because I still didn't own a SNES XD

Back on topic, there's pretty much three robots they NEED TO ADD:

Harry
Ray (any form, though Legend and 01 are the most likely)
Sukapon

I would love all three, but I doubt they'd go that far. Ray is the most likely, probably. Sukapon and Harry have a pretty even chance, though Sukapon has a greater nostalgic/weird-*** character appeal. Harry's just like "Little Mac ++"

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, Harry could make it in as a Little Mac clone, though hopefully more of a Luigi-type clone with moves unique to him. Here's hoping Harry gets in.

Off Topic: As I said before, Nintendo seems to want to shun the memory of the Virtual Boy, but does anyone think that it's still possible to get it on the Wii's Virtual Console? And what about the SEGA Master System? Can't have Genesis without it (it'd be like having SNES without NES), IMO...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Wasn't Harry on Sakurai's poll? I'd be psyched if Harry and Sakapon got into Brawl. They both look really cool! I would play as them. :) I am really hoping for weird Japanese characters!!!!

parrothead

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Now that I think about it, Harry could make it in as a Little Mac clone, though hopefully more of a Luigi-type clone with moves unique to him. Here's hoping Harry gets in.
Luigi was the first clone ever created, but he was a clone of Mario only in SSB64. Then in SSBM, Luigi became the first and only semi-clone in the SSB franchise, but Sakurai might turn some characters into semi-clones.

Lord_Deathborne said:
Off Topic: As I said before, Nintendo seems to want to shun the memory of the Virtual Boy, but does anyone think that it's still possible to get it on the Wii's Virtual Console? And what about the SEGA Master System? Can't have Genesis without it (it'd be like having SNES without NES), IMO...
And the SG-1000, and the Saturn, and probably the DreamCast. Nintendo should also let players play games from the Color TV Series (only in Japan), Broadcast Satellaview (BS) games, 64 Disk Drive (64DD) games, Power Pad games, Unisystem/Arcades (like RadarScope), and some cancelled games (like Star Fox 2, Dragon Hopper, Kirby's Air Ride, MOTHER 3 N64/EarthBound 64, Bound High, and other cancelled titles).

If Nintendo uploads the Virtual Boy titles to the Virtual Console, they'll have to add Classic-Red and Ultra-Colored versions.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
parrothead said:
Luigi was the first clone ever created, but he was a clone of Mario only in SSB64. Then in SSBM, Luigi became the first and only semi-clone in the SSB franchise, but Sakurai might turn some characters into semi-clones.

parrothead said:
And the SG-1000, and the Saturn, and probably the DreamCast. Nintendo should also let players play games from the Color TV Series (only in Japan), Broadcast Satellaview (BS) games, 64 Disk Drive (64DD) games, Power Pad games, Unisystem/Arcades (like RadarScope), and some cancelled games (like Star Fox 2, Dragon Hopper, Kirby's Air Ride, MOTHER 3 N64/EarthBound 64, Bound High, and other cancelled titles).

If Nintendo uploads the Virtual Boy titles to the Virtual Console, they'll have to add Classic-Red and Ultra-Colored versions.
I didn't mention Saturn or DreamCast due to the fact they're disk based, but now that I think about it, they may be able to simply VC the Saturn. DreamCast would be more trick; they may end up having to set it up to play DC discs. I heard rumors of a DC2 - maybe this is it? The SG-1000 will probably be Japan only if it is included on the VC, but I do hope that Nintendo and SEGA are willing to cater to the curiosity of Western gamers. Also I was pretty much assuming that BS would be lumped in with the SNES and the 64DD with the N64. I'm hoping SEGA will do the same with the Sega CD and 32X add-ons. Also, I'm more than expecting many cancelled games to make their way out of the woodwork once the VC is released (I'll finally get to play a full version of Star Fox 2 after more than 10 years of waiting!) - these will probably be among the "new" titles that are being talked about for the older platforms (the ones that are said to run about $4.99 - $9.99). Needless to say, I totally hyped for the VC.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
I didn't mention Saturn or DreamCast due to the fact they're disk based, but now that I think about it, they may be able to simply VC the Saturn. DreamCast would be more trick; they may end up having to set it up to play DC discs. I heard rumors of a DC2 - maybe this is it? The SG-1000 will probably be Japan only if it is included on the VC, but I do hope that Nintendo and SEGA are willing to cater to the curiosity of Western gamers. Also I was pretty much assuming that BS would be lumped in with the SNES and the 64DD with the N64. I'm hoping SEGA will do the same with the Sega CD and 32X add-ons. Also, I'm more than expecting many cancelled games to make their way out of the woodwork once the VC is released (I'll finally get to play a full version of Star Fox 2 after more than 10 years of waiting!) - these will probably be among the "new" titles that are being talked about for the older platforms (the ones that are said to run about $4.99 - $9.99). Needless to say, I totally hyped for the VC.
Yes, Lord_Deathborne. Many people will sell their cartridges on eBay, Amazon, pawn shops, game stores, flea markets, yard sales, and other places.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
It'd be amazing if they could put Saturn Games on VC. Then I could finally play Panzer Dragoon Saga without paying 100$.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Super Smash Master said:
It'd be amazing if they could put Saturn Games on VC. Then I could finally play Panzer Dragoon Saga without paying 100$.
Yeah - Panzer Dragoon Saga was one of the main reasons I want Saturn VC'd.
FlipTroopa said:
Harry, Sukapon, and Ray should all have one kickass Event together :p
Rise of the Robots! (more greasy gamer humor...) :laugh:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think Sukapon and Ray 01 have more of a chance than Harry. Ray 01, because he is from a really popular Nintendo franchise and Sukapon, because he would have the easiest character model to create ever. Hell, I bet I could make his model with the right software.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
Off topic..What does FTW mean? I feel dumb..
If you see any acronym, h4x0r/1337, or similar kinds of words, look them up on Urban Dictionary.Com.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
parrothead said:
If you see any acronym, h4x0r/1337, or similar kinds of words, look them up on Urban Dictionary.Com.
Can't just answer the guy's question? >.>

It means "for the win." It's an expression that, obviously, started with the internet, primarily only games like Half-Life and World of Warcraft.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
He's easily Little Mac's spiritual robot brother. The two could even work as good clones of one another, if they wanted to do that.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Having sunk deep into obscurity, the clone option may be all that's available to Harry this time around.
But who knows... He would be a cool addition though - if anything, he could represent the Virtual Boy like Mr. G&W represented Nintendo's classic Game & Watch LCD game series (not all of which incorporated him).

Top Bottom