• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crews/Clan match game type

EvanOk

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps due to the new SSBB Online frontier maybe a new crews system is in order?

(I think crews will be a really fun game type for online play because recruiting is always a fun aspect of an online community. Also even though it is a 1v1 format, the team aspect of a crew is an idea in smash that could have some more depth than has been toyed with.)

Instead of standard crews rules...
1) Crews matches are 5 on 5, 4 on 4, whatever might be best.
2) Games are 1v1
3) One game per each person on the crew

How the game could go

Pregame- Each team choses their lineup of 5 players.

Round 1
4) Let's say Team A wins 3 of their matches and Team B wins 2 (assuming each team has 5 players).
-Now that each person on the team has played a game your team now has the option of changing up the lineup for the next set of 5 matches.
Team A-3
Team B-2

Round 2
5) Now say Team A wins 0 of their matches and Team B wins 5
-Now the score is at
Team A-3
Team B-7

*TEAM B IS THE WINNER*
6)In the event of a tie then the matches would go to sudden death. By sudden death I mean you get one match and one person. You can pick any of your players to play this match. (I think this could add a lot of excitement to the game type.)

Well that's it so far. Let me know what you think. And you're welcome to add anything you'd like.

(My reasoning for coming up with a new crews game type is to limit the number of disputes filed. In the current crews format, at the beginning of the game, one of the players has to self destruct to match the number of lives they have left over. I can see a lot of people crying over false starts at the beginning of games due to one player having to self destruct and then starting on opposite sides. Although we could just get rid of the starting on opposite sides at the same time and it would make things a lot easier.)

Xgamer245

Smash Cadet
I find this system to be very helpful and I think this would be useful....but how will orginization be? We at least need to chat real time...so maybe if SWF had an irc channel for crew battles?

Top Bottom