• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW KILL SETUP: Reverse Dtilt into Sweetspot Bair. TESTERS NEEDED

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
EDIT: VoiD says he toyed with this a while back and if they DI away they can escape it, I'll still be testing it just to make sure, it can catch people off guard since usually at the ledge they will DI in if they expect to get hit.

I have also included a table for characters this works on in the post below, please keep in mind it is a work in progress and any testing that you can do will be very appreciated.

Hello sheik mains, I was testing out some uses for pp tilts and noticed that pp or back crawl dtilt can lead to a sweetspot bair at kill percent.

I demonstrated here on Captain Falcon at the ledge at 140% (also works until 150%) which registered as a true combo in training mode, no DI or rage/stale moves in effect. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CittFj49co&feature=youtu.be

In order to do this, you must perfect pivot or back crawl into dtilt and then double jump backwards and bair. Further testing is needed on percents, but this seems to be the earliest percent it works at.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

At 120% instead, you can do back crawl or pp dtilt to sourspot bair (it hits with the heel of the foot after sweetspot goes away) into a sweetspot bair. I demonstrated this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRmKDDBZtY&feature=youtu.be

Further testing is needed for both of these, I've only tested on falcon so far and will update this post when more information is found.

If any of you expert testers would like to test this with other characters and make a table, I'd be grateful to put it in this post.

Last edited:

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
Please reply with any data you collect and make sure its accurate and I'll add it to this table. Thanks!

Character | Dtilt required to perform | Starting percentage | Ending percentage
Bayonetta (not yet released) | | |
Bowser | | |
Bowser Jr.
Captain Falcon | Back Crawl or PP | 140% | 150%
Charizard | | |
Cloud | | |
Corrin (not yet released) | | |
Dark Pit | | |
Diddy Kong | | |
Donkey Kong | | |
Dr. Mario | | |
Duck Hunt Duo | | |
Falco | | |
Fox | | |
Ganondorf | | |
Greninja | | |
Ike | | |
Jigglypuff | | |
King Dedede | | |
Kirby | | |
Link | | |
Little Mac | | |
Lucario | | |
Lucas | | |
Lucina | | |
Luigi | | |
Mario | | |
Marth | | |
Mega Man | | |
Meta Knight | | |
Mewtwo | | |
Mr. Game and Watch | | |
Ness | | |
Olimar | | |
Pacman | | |
Palutena | | |
Peach | | |
Pikachu | | |
Pit | | |
R.O.B. | | |
Robin | | |
Rosalina and Luma | | |
Roy | | |
Ryu | | |
Samus | | |
Sheik | Back Crawl or PP | 115% | 125%
Shulk | | |
Sonic | | |
Toon Link | | |
Villager | | |
Wario | | |
Wii Fit Trainer | | |
Yoshi | | |
Zelda | | |
Zero Suit Samus | | |

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
If this uses the reverse hit of Dtilt (which is what it looks like) then the PP isn't actually necessary. You can just crawl back for most characters, and for some it just hits without crawling. Only works at the ledge except for a few chars. Some chars doesn't work at all.

I also think that Bair is the only combo out of this. It was thought that it could combo into BF but if anything it's a 50/50.

If you need testers I'd ask @_Tree to add this to the to do list.

Looks damn nice with the PP tho.

Edit: If you need to add a table, they work like this:
Table=head Character | Percentage | Something else?
Mario | 50% | idk
Luigi | 60% | meh /Table

But with square brackets around the table=head and the /table

Character | Percentage | Something else?
Mario | 50% | idk
Luigi | 60% | meh

Last edited:

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
If this uses the reverse hit of Dtilt (which is what it looks like) then the PP isn't actually necessary. You can just crawl back for most characters, and for some it just hits without crawling. Only works at the ledge except for a few chars. Some chars doesn't work at all.

I also think that Bair is the only combo out of this. It was thought that it could combo into BF but if anything it's a 50/50.

If you need testers I'd ask @_Tree to add this to the to do list.

Looks damn nice with the PP tho.

Edit: If you need to add a table, they work like this:
Table=head Character | Percentage | Something else?
Mario | 50% | idk
Luigi | 60% | meh /Table

But with square brackets around the table=head and the /table

Character | Percentage | Something else?
Mario | 50% | idk
Luigi | 60% | meh
Thanks, I'll do that once we get some more info

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
EDIT: VoiD says he toyed with this a while back and if they DI away they can escape it, I'll still be testing it just to make sure, it can catch people off guard since usually at the ledge they will DI in if they expect to get hit
Just because you can escape with DI, doesn't mean we shouldn't test it.
VoiD is an amazing player but imo he needs to post about more of his findings. Saves us having to refind everything like this lol.

This can be used for solid 50/50s as well, as if they DI away and airdodge they'd avoid it, but if they try and jump you'll catch them (I'm assuming). Can also wait for the airdodge.

If I were you I'd rename the thread to reverse dtilt rather than PP dtilt, so you don't scare off some of the less technically able sheiks :p

Edit: I'd be happy to help test. I'll probably make a list of who the reverse dtilt can hit, as whether or not it's for this combo, it'd be useful information.

Last edited:

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
Just because you can escape with DI, doesn't mean we shouldn't test it.
VoiD is an amazing player but imo he needs to post about more of his findings. Saves us having to refind everything like this lol.

This can be used for solid 50/50s as well, as if they DI away and airdodge they'd avoid it, but if they try and jump you'll catch them (I'm assuming). Can also wait for the airdodge.

If I were you I'd rename the thread to reverse dtilt rather than PP dtilt, so you don't scare off some of the less technically able sheiks :p

Edit: I'd be happy to help test. I'll probably make a list of who the reverse dtilt can hit, as whether or not it's for this combo, it'd be useful information.
I agree that it can be a solid mixup, but idk if it is a viable true combo or not. I couldn't really get it to work by doing reverse dtilts which is why i did the PP's but I need to test more. It's very strict spacing so I'm sure it won't work on the entire cast, but the PP variant might

EDIT: the two characters I tested (sheik and falcon) I got to true combo by back crawl dtilt, so it does work.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
bruh. this could potentially be as useful as the jab jab > bouncing fish combo that's true at around ~650%.

What I'm saying is goddamn that's a situational kill setup LOL

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
bruh. this could potentially be as useful as the jab jab > bouncing fish combo that's true at around ~650%.

What I'm saying is goddamn that's a situational kill setup LOL
lol I understand it's situational but every kill setup we can get helps

I was thinking a good way to land this would be to shield backwards at the ledge expecting a neutral getup, and then you can back crawl or pp dtilt if they do that and lead into this, or if they jump you can bair, and roll you can run up and grab. Just some thoughts. Back crawl they have to be right up next to the ledge so PP'ing seems to be the way to go for the speed.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I mean, were running short of kill set ups to test lately. There's no reason to take a break to sheiks meta and not get the numbers for this. After all we have to keep our reputation of having the most development character library for smash 4.

Top Bottom