• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New matches, how'd I do?

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, I recently recorded more matches with the advice that you all gave me with my last 'rate my Link' topic, and I think i've improved a lot! I'd really like it if you guys commented my these matches, whether it be advice, crtique or just simply saying if you liked it or not. Thanks.

SexyDoodles(Link) vs Vietgamer1021(Fox) 1 & 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD0Y4TQpuec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alKxWm8fx3M

SexyDoodles(Link) vs Vietgamer1021(Marth) 1 & 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2eHOpjuu0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7Tbte9oek

SexyDoodles(Link) vs Vietgamer1021(Falcon) 1 & 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwkimSrZ2cE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzL29_dEhVw

Please excuse our... "commentary."(mostly vietgamer yelling XD) Unless you think it's funny. XP

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
i only watched the first two matches against fox, and even though you lost both of them, i noticed improvement. im going to tell you what i told stos, and that is: there's really no advice to give, considering you've probably heard the same suggestions over and over again. however, knowledge does not equal skill; rather, it's the ability to apply that knowledge effectively, that ultimately determines the skill level. other than that, i would suggest using more projectiles lol. oh, and ledge-hop>up-air is a great move--just thought i'd mention that for no particular reason.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah... whenever I see Azen of somebody ledgehop uair I always want to incorporate it into my game, but I keep forgetting aobut it.

thanks for the reminder =p

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
this is off topic, but, do you ever try going underneath FD and making it to the other side...lol. i've just about mastered it to the point where i can do it most of the time now.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I only watched the 1st two with fox as well but from what I seen you didn't move around enough and he was all over you with shines while you just played alot tanking waiting for openings or hoping he would kill himself with a mistake (just my view of it) instead of making openings with your range attacks and always moving which would help. Watch some Aniki vs fox videos for examples. Hope that helps.

Aesir

Smash Master
>_> link vs marth: you're making to many mistakes man =[

1. you're not up bing out of shield. this works wonders on aggressive marths at mid to high percents.

2. You're not making use of links uair, do it, this ***** marth fast.

3. projectile spamming is a must in this match up, do it more often.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
this is off topic, but, do you ever try going underneath FD and making it to the other side...lol. i've just about mastered it to the point where i can do it most of the time now.
I didn't even know that was possible o_o How are you doing it?

It's true, I didn't do so well against Fox and Marth(especially on DL64 -_-) but that's kinda why I uploaded em. I'm gettin' some good advice. =p Guess i'll work on uairs, I know I don't use em as much as I should.

Though I didn't do too well against fox/marth I think I did ok in my falcon matches. Take a look if you get the chance, and help! because I suck against Falcon.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
http://www.superzetroid.com/videos/smashvideos/tricks/Under Final Destination.WMV
Check out HDL's Link guide for more stuff like this.

BTW, I watched your cpt. falcon matches, you did much better then the fox matches. Almost seemed like a different link all together. Decent work with bomb throws and sex kick combos on the 2nd video. I think when you get enemies to higher damage you should go in for the kill faster (80%+ is good time to start) do double forward smashes more (adjust speed on 2nd forward smash if they like to dodge it) or shield+spin attacks for easy KOs while using defense. U-airs or shffl F-airs are great for juggling or stocking most enemies. Try to use as much DI towards the stage as you can when you get nailed so you don't die and if you get spiked or hit alot trying to get back use that dodge+hookshot more aim for sweetspots or enemies if they edgehog. Bomb jumps help as well if you have problems making it back. One thing I noticed on all the video is you get hit alot more then you should, I would work on counters or evading more. Most of this I bet you have already heard but you asked for advise so that's mine. You did ok on both falcon vids other then the 1st stock on your first falcon match.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wow you have TONS of potential...very fast and technical link IMO...lol i just put in
ledge >nair> ledge for gaurding foxes like a month ago and its so SEXY!!!...very nice link...it just needs some better mindgames to go with that tech skill!!! and you know how you can improve on that....dude your better than me....XD

thanks for the comments on my vids as well! viet is a good player and a good person to train w/...

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
Take a look if you get the chance, and help! because I suck against Falcon.
i don't have time to watch them right now, but imo c.falcon isn't too much trouble for link. germ's link beat isai's c.falcon. link's nair pretty much beats all of c.falcon's aerials. also, c.falcon's recovery is just awful(one of the worst). anyway, gotta go.

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
Ok, ur link has tech skill, but ur using nair way too much vs fox. Be unpredicitable and nair him if he tries shine combos, but if u have the fox in a grab do a uptilt+downsmash+sword plant etc. combo and dont use UP B too much , even tho Link's UP B is good because the fox can drill shine and it has a lot of punishment. Use the UP B for finishers, but not all the time. Lets say the fox is coming back, go out and nair him, but if u think he'll make it back b4 u can nair him then do down tilt ( down + A) and it'll pop him up, and punish him accordingly, with a sword plant. But since he does a lot of shine combos, the way to counter that is nair or bair, but do a mixture because u used way too much nair and the last thing vs the fox is, use what the creators gave link HIS PROJECTILES : ). I saw u use his boomerang once in a while but U GOTA USE THE BOMB, and dont try arrow unless in some occasions, but u should always have a bomb out while spamming ur boomarang wisely. Try this too for an edgeguard just bommerang out of stage and when fox comes back front tilt cuz it should've turned around with the boomerang. Now for the marth you shouldn't have that much problem. Marth has no projectiles yet Link does, SO USE EM : ) like I said b4, always have a bomb out, and boomerang wisely, try to get some upclose boomerangs for more damage. Marth's recovery is good and bad, but just go out and niar him and edgehog cuz he'll lose his double jump. Versing a good Marth you can do a couple of things to piss that player off. First, the GRAB , DOWNTHROW, UP+B combo works on marth on LOW PERCENTAGES, Second, USE UR PROJECTILES, Third, LINK can combo on Marth so good its not even funny, well i guess it is for the link player, anyways UP TILT Marth a lot and Always , always try to finish him up with a sword plant, because it will work wonders, and Marth dies quickly to sword plants. Now versing Falcon, do the combo's you would normally do to a fast faller, example space animals, and do a lot of up tilt. NOW Falcon doesnt have any projectiles either, so do what i told u with the bomb and boomerang, BASICALLY LINK'S PROJECTILES ARE A MUST FOR A GOOD LINK PLAYER. WATCH OUT FOR FALCON's KNEE, MARTH'S TIP, AND FOX'S UPSMASH/SHINE , some of the counters to these things are, vs fox's shine if u can try to nair him and come back on stage if thats possible, versing marth's tip , DI towards stage and left and vice versa for right, and versing falcon's knee u would DI or smash DI also, like u would to marth's tip. Try not to get urself tipped, knee, or upsmashed, but then again these things are inevitable and probably ur gona get hit, so try to play aggressive, and always do good combo's, use projectiles, and sweet spot to come back. Versing Falcon, just combo him, projectile and if he goes out of stage EDGUARD HIM TO HELL, and one more thing use sword plant to finish up falcon if possible, but falcon just doesnt die UPWARDS too much so left and right is the way to go, and edgeguard him with projectiles, front tilt up + b nair bair, and u should do ok. THE LAST THING I WANA SAY IS WATCH ANIKI VIDEOS, BECAUSE HE IS AMAZING.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
like we're all saying - wayyyy too much nair, not enough bair, uair. u need to use utilt and a lot more bombs. dont be on the ground wavedashing around so much. limits your approach

Top Bottom