• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Here's the actual notes Toise posted:
On another note, I went Japanese message board surfing for the first time in a while. Didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but neat regardless:

- A LOT of people asking for Mewtwo and Roy (also Lucario/Zoroark/Marth/Ike discussions why not)
- K. Rool, Shulk (Xenoblade), and Miis came up regularly
- Square-Enix had the most discussion out of all third-parties (mainly Slime and various FF characters)
- Decent amount of mentions for Mega Man, Professor Layton, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Claus, more F-Zero and Metroid in general, and some Last Story/Zangeki no Reginleiv characters
- Black Shadow-dorf and Ridley's size came up more than once

- Very few mentions for Little Mac or anyone from Golden Sun
- Only one mention for Krystal and Victini each
- Nobody was talking about new Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus characters at all
He later noted that K. Rool appears to be the most accepted newcomer for SSB4 by the Japanese outside of Roy and Mewtwo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: IIRC, Ridley wasn't exactly wanted in Japan (unfortunately), although King K. Rool seems to be decently requested. I would say that K. Rool is pretty close.

As for Japanese not being interested in a Mario rep, remember that Paper Mario 3D is not out yet. Perhaps that will sparks up support for him in Japan?
O.K. I was really only sure on K. Rool anyway. Ridley either way will be carried by the west.

Agreed. PM 3D will definitly raise support for him. But in Japan I'm not sure, but in the west it should. Especially if the Japanese aren't interested in another Mario rep.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He may star in three games, but everyone knows who Junior and Toad are. Plus, he definitely points to being more of a clone than anything else. Nope. Mario is more well known than Junior and Toad, not Paper Mario. He is MOST DEFINITELY not more well known than them. Heck Waluigi may even have him beat out. And if you consider him Mario, well he's already in Brawl. Why add him again? Doc is gone for a reason, why add another one? End of Story.

I made sense. I gave reasons. You can take them or leave them. Moving on from this topic~
This is sadly true. Waluigi is in a ton more games, which aren't hard to find, compared to the Paper Mario games. He's not really obscure whatsoever. Nor is Bowser Jr. or Toad. Due to newness, and current appearances.

Let's also note that Super Paper Mario wasn't as well liked for some reason compared to the other two.(possibly due to not being a more traditional rpg)

Paper Mario, on the other hand, has been in 3 games, discounting small stuff in Melee/Brawl via Trophies/Stickers. Everybody else? A lot more. He doesn't have that kind of status. As for Dr. Mario, it was that simple: He's pretty much Mario in a Doctor suit. Why would he be different?

I cannot see them making Paper Mario much different from Mario. It'd be cool, admittably, but I can't see it happening. Sakurai loves his clones, apparently.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He later noted that K. Rool appears to be the most accepted newcomer for SSB4 by the Japanese outside of Roy and Mewtwo.
Ah, well I guess that's that. Hmmm... not a lot of support for Isaac, eh? That's too bad. I had been thinking that outside of Takamaru and Little Mac (FOR US), he was the more requested new series character.

GUESS NOT. (er well, for us I guess he would be, lol)

D

Deleted member

I think the reason why we don't see nearly as much support for characters in Japan has some part to do with Mewtwo's and Roy's removal. The fact that they got cut and now are very highly requested to return has shown they are really just hoping for these two characters to return and they would be content. From them, a Mario rep, K. Rool, Goroh, and others are icing on the cake.

I also feel that it is the last real chance for many characters to get a spot. There are very few exceptions I can recall off my head (Little Mac and Starfy for one). It is also why my hopes for characters pretty much relies on this one game. Even if I continue on to SSB5 and onward, I don't really see many characters I want getting in if they don't do it now.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I cannot see them making Paper Mario much different from Mario. It'd be cool, admittably, but I can't see it happening. Sakurai loves his clones, apparently.
Honestly, I've been considering if we really need characters like Toon Link or Paper Mario when they're the same character, but changes of art style. At least Sheik and Zero Suit Samus present alter egos of their respective characters. Toon Link and Paper Mario are the same character in a new art style.

If we get rid of Toon Link, we'll never have to argue on Paper Mario ever again. :troll:

Ah, well I guess that's that. Hmmm... not a lot of support for Isaac, eh? That's too bad. I had been thinking that outside of Takamaru and Little Mac, he was the more requested new series character.
Nope. The Japanese don't seem to be too interested in characters in general for SSB4. The only characters they appear to have full support for are Roy, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool and to a lesser extent a Rainfall games character like Shulk or Kanan.

And they only refer to wanting more F-Zero and Metroid content in general. They haven't mentioned much that they specifically want new characters for those series.

Remember he only looked on one Japanese message board, so we're not hearing all of Japan's desires here.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Little Mac will be carried by the West.
Takamaru by the Japanese.

But everyone seems to want more Metroid, F-Zero, and D.K. which is always good.

Not surprised about Square support there though. :rolleyes:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
On another note, I went Japanese message board surfing for the first time in a while. Didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but neat regardless:

- A LOT of people asking for Mewtwo and Roy (also Lucario/Zoroark/Marth/Ike discussions why not)
- K. Rool, Shulk (Xenoblade), and Miis came up regularly
- Square-Enix had the most discussion out of all third-parties (mainly Slime and various FF characters)
- Decent amount of mentions for Mega Man, Professor Layton, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Claus, more F-Zero and Metroid in general, and some Last Story/Zangeki no Reginleiv characters
- Black Shadow-dorf and Ridley's size came up more than once

- Very few mentions for Little Mac or anyone from Golden Sun
- Only one mention for Krystal and Victini each
- Nobody was talking about new Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus characters at all
More Japan stuff, why not:

- Feels like almost every third post is about Lucario being replaced with Zoroark
- The following characters come up as "likely to be cut" a lot: Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, ROB
- Cuts in general seem to be treated as an inevitability; people bitter about Mewtwo and Roy
- Nerf Meta Knight!
- One guy did mention Resident Evil, but for a Nintendo VS Capcom game (sorry Shorts)
- Almost all third-party stuff is Mega Man (quite a few MMZ mentions), Slime/FF, Layton
- Other third parties mentioned: Dante, Luke (Tales), Presea, DQ3 guy, Banjo-Kazooie, Ryu
- K. Rool seems to be THE regular series newcomer everyone's okay with
- A couple people mentioned Krystal and Caeda, but always with the "we need more girls" bit
- Did see a few more Isaac mentions, plus a Starfy
- Way too many people want ****ty anime/Godzilla/Sentai stuff
- Victini comes up a few times, but mostly about the movie (and always "but anyway, Zoroark is our guy")

I've also got some "what's your favorite ____ in Brawl?" polls from a wiki, but I doubt you guys care for that.
SO I MAY HAVE MISSED SMALL TIDBITS but this is the majority.

A few things on why people shouldn't think too hard about this stuff:

- Me and CB are only scratching the surface in terms of the total Japanese fanbase (and that's basically all we can do)
- Sakurai does NOT ignore fan requests/tastes outside of Japan
- Sakurai trusts his judgment more than whatever the loudest fans crow about

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's a horrible reason to change most of his moves. His B moves weren't the reason he didn't do well. It was his weight, jump, slowness, and not very good A Moves. Change the part that's a problem. Young Link/Toon Link, on the other hand, it's a clone with better stats overall. He can change heavily with different B Moves. Those are apparently what people think makes others a clone. Why should Link change his B Moves when Toon Link is the one copying him? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Again, what's wrong with changing Link? He has been terrible in each game. Quite frankly I want to play a character who doesn't totally suck. I think the middle ground of changing some of Toon Link's moves and some of Link's moves is best. The Smash Bros. development team needs to think which move fits each character best, and then make them both more unique. That is the only way I can see the two of them truly becoming completely different from one another, and see the decloning process continue.

That is also kind of how the process of change came around for Luigi and Mario if you think about it.

Mario got a cape.
Luigi a missile.
Mario got a new down B, moved his old down B to down air, and got ride of his old down air.
Luigi kept his down B (which has noticeable differences from Mario's new down air) and kept his old down air.

Link in the original Legend of Zelda was 14 or 15, and in Zelda II he was 15 or 16. He looks about the same age in the art for Link's Awakening and the Oracle of Ages/Seasons, so I'm merely guessing that he is around the same age. I'm unsure on his A Link to the Past look how old he was. In the two Four Swords games and the Minish Cap it was definitely some version of Toon Link, though.

If I'm not mistaken, the most common item in Zelda is the bottle. Think about it: in nearly every Zelda game you have up multiple of them. :awesome:

He may star in three games, but everyone knows who Junior and Toad are. Plus, he definitely points to being more of a clone than anything else. Nope. Mario is more well known than Junior and Toad, not Paper Mario. He is MOST DEFINITELY not more well known than them. Heck Waluigi may even have him beat out. And if you consider him Mario, well he's already in Brawl. Why add him again? Doc is gone for a reason, why add another one? End of Story.

I made sense. I gave reasons. You can take them or leave them. Moving on from this topic~
I'm not sure people know who Bowser Jr. is that well. He has only appeared in the last 10 years, and in all of those games he was just a minion of his father. Plus he's not the only child of Bowser who was a minion of Bowser. There's the 8 Koopas from Super Mario Bros. 3, which he is commonly mistaken for. On top of that, I doubt there are many truly dedicated smashers who are strongly for Bowser Jr. I saw it in the pre-Brawl era, and I think I'll see that again. I also can't think of anyone who would want to buy a smash bros game because of Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario is a paper version of Mario. It's that simple. He's a unique taste of Mario. Who doesn't want that=??? He also had all kinds of support pre-Brawl (although I knew he had much of a chance), especially after all the hugely wanted characters like Sonic, Ike, Diddy Kong, and Olimar were off the board. I never saw that in Bowser Jr. Nearly all of his supporters were passively for him, or had him outside of their top 10 most desired characters. Maybe you feel that way about Paper Mario because you haven't played any Paper Mario game.

Plus I also got that magic feeling that it's gonna happen. That feeling is usually right. Won me a crap ton of sports bets... :glare: :awesome: :cool: :reverse:

As for Japan on Ridley, they probably want Ridley too. Maybe not as bad as us, but really... we're down to only so many characters. Who are the major characters in the biggest Nintendo franchises left that constantly appear in said franchise and not as a playable character in smash=???

Mario:
Toad
Bowser Jr. (as of late)

Donkey Kong:
Cranky Kong
K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Metroid:
Ridley

Pokémon:
:088: (that's a joke, lol!)

We're running out of choices... eh=???

This is sadly true. Waluigi is in a ton more games, which aren't hard to find, compared to the Paper Mario games. He's not really obscure whatsoever. Nor is Bowser Jr. or Toad. Due to newness, and current appearances.

Let's also note that Super Paper Mario wasn't as well liked for some reason compared to the other two.(possibly due to not being a more traditional rpg)

Paper Mario, on the other hand, has been in 3 games, discounting small stuff in Melee/Brawl via Trophies/Stickers. Everybody else? A lot more. He doesn't have that kind of status. As for Dr. Mario, it was that simple: He's pretty much Mario in a Doctor suit. Why would he be different?

Waluigi is in a bunch of mediocre party game sports games, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. Besides that, who actually likes him, or would buy smash bros. just to play that bland piece of garbage=???

Waluigi has yet to appear in any non-Mario sports/Party/Kart game. He has also not appeared in any canon games.

Also, Super Paper Mario outsold the other two Paper Mario games combined, selling about 3 1/2 million units. That's probably more than the Star Fox series has sold as a whole (or as I call it, that series with a bunch of mediocre original games, and 2 great remakes of the classic first game). Paper Mario fans like myself didn't like it due to less replay value and lower difficulty. It was still worth the money I paid for it, and was a great game. Mr. L FOR THE WINNN!!!!!

As for the Japanese choices, they only really care about Pokémon, Square Enix (as usual, lol!), Mega Man, and Roy and Mewtwo returning. They haven't dug into these two upcoming (in a long time) smash bros. game like we here on this thread have. We'll have a better feel for what the Japanese smashers want once a trailer for one or both of said games comes out.

I do find it odd that they talk about K. Rool a lot, given Japan isn't too big on Donkey Kong Country. They must really like his quirkiness I guess...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting. Well that Caeda part made my day. Although the "we need a girl" bit is dumb I will agree.

I'm not surprised about the Sakurai bit though, I've found most of those quotes and based on Brawl hype it's pretty obvious (especially when you use common sense) that he doesn't listen to every outspoken fan.

But does anyone know where they look for that stuff? Since I'm studying Japanese I'd like the chance to maybe help out and practice a bit more outside of import games.

EDIT: I can do German as well. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Trust me, we'll get a better "feel" for the direction of what not just the Japanese fan base, but the North and South American and PAL fan bases want once we get a trailer, as well as the direction of said games' roster.

And I'm positive that Nintendo has or will read some items on this thread. They aren't stupid enough to read this whole thread (thank God for them), but they will try to get a general gist of what we want in the roster.

@ ---
I don't have any Japanese fan sites, but you can look up the Japanese Melee/Brawl tiers and probably find one of their sites. Often it is impossible to look into Japanese smash sites because they block IPs that aren't Japanese from entering said site. That's the problem Crono and others ran into (myself included). That is one secretive island(s)... >.>

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I've been considering if we really need characters like Toon Link or Paper Mario when they're the same character, but changes of art style. At least Sheik and Zero Suit Samus present alter egos of their respective characters. Toon Link and Paper Mario are the same character in a new art style.

If we get rid of Toon Link, we'll never have to argue on Paper Mario ever again. :troll:
Art style shouldn't matter here. Also, I'd like to note that Paper Mario, unlike Toon Link, fights extremely differently in his own games(TL doesn't fight terribly different from Link, especially when it's TP Link). He'd be great to have in. Doctor Mario is a true alter ego. Paper Mario is an alternate character interpretation.

Also, Paper Mario uses different weapons, items, than normal Mario in his overall games. They're not that similar.

Toon Link uses a good majority of regular items that Link does. Hookshot, Bow, Boomerang, Bombs, Bombchus, Hammer. They're not that different overall.

But as I said, Paper Mario would most likely get the crappy clone treatment.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well that sucks about the IPs. Hopefully that won't apply if we get a Sakurai poll. I doubt it though.

Still when they stop by I'll ask them then.

Although like I said, I can do German. :awesome: (I'm thinking about double majoring)

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Paper Mario has been out forever, what are you looking for? I micro phase of a fan surge? He is well established IMO, and a new game may bring new fans, but it's not like he's being revived from thedead in any sense. If he had a lot of fans in Japan, they would already be there.
By the time Melee came around, Paper Mario was new, having been around for only a year. He did not have time to build a fan base. Paper Mario may have gotten a large fan base in Brawl comparable to Bowser Jr. had it not been for the Geno vs. Bowser Jr. rivalry that occurred during the time which put the focused between these two characters. With SSB4 around and Paper Mario's game coming next year, he finally has a fan base that could potentially rival Bowser Jr.'s. Depending on how well Paper Mario 3DS is received and the impact it makes on the series, it may finally cross over-sea. Although currently, I'm leaving this as a big "if".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The point was, his fanbase is here (Look around) and the new game will make it grow, but don't expect the innitial wave of support after PM3DS to last forever. The dedicated fans will stay, and the hype fans won't. Basically, most of his dedicated fans already exist. Look at Mewtwo, new installments don't mean too much when the character already has a decent support group.

That was what I was trying to say.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
By the time Melee came around, Paper Mario was new, having been around for only a year. He did not have time to build a fan base. Paper Mario may have gotten a large fan base in Brawl comparable to Bowser Jr. had it not been for the Geno vs. Bowser Jr. rivalry that occurred during the time which put the focused between these two characters. With SSB4 around and Paper Mario's game coming next year, he finally has a fan base that is noticeable and growing. Depending on how well Paper Mario 3DS is received and the impact it makes on the series, it may finally cross over-sea. Although currently, I'm leaving this as a big "if".
Also think of it this way.

Who was really wanted in Brawl? Sonic, Wario, Olimar, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Lucario, Ridley, Ike. Who made it? All of them but Ridley. Paper Mario didn't have enough hype around him, the same way that Diddy Kong, King Dedede, or even Wario didn't have enough hype around them before Melee. It is a sort of pattern... if you will. After experiencing the pre-Brawl days, I can definitely say that I think Paper Mario could easily fit into that pattern.

The point was, his fanbase is here (Look around) and the new game will make it grow, but don't expect the innitial wave of support after PM3DS to last forever. The dedicated fans will stay, and the hype fans won't. Basically, most of his dedicated fans already exist. Look at Mewtwo, new installments don't mean too much when the character already has a decent support group.

That was what I was trying to say.
While Mewtwo still has a large group of support and Paper Mario has some definite momentum, your point seems fair.

Yet, I see a pattern with Paper Mario that I saw with the likes of Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar, and Wario (especially Olimar and Wario). That's what I'm mostly basing my chances of him on.

I noticed those "patterns" pretty good in Brawl, and I was just a rookie at character guessing then (out of the 39 characters who were in Brawl, I only didn't think Snake, the Pokémon Trainer, and ROB would make it). Unless Sakurai throws out nearly universally wild cards, I'm positive my accuracy will be as good or better. However, it is Sakurai and Nintendo. They can potentially eff up your logic REAL QUICK-especially with retro characters. That's why I'm still not convinced the Duck Hunt Dog isn't completely eliminated in terms of making it in the game... as an assist trophy. :awesome: :grin: :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, what's wrong with changing Link? He has been terrible in each game. Quite frankly I want to play a character who doesn't totally suck. I think the middle ground of changing some of Toon Link's moves and some of Link's moves is best. The Smash Bros. development team needs to think which move fits each character best, and then make them both more unique. That is the only way I can see the two of them truly becoming completely different from one another, and see the decloning process continue.
A lot. Link has been nearly the same all three games. Why should he get changed instead of the clone first? Concentrate on the clones, as they're the problems. Explain why the clone shouldn't be changed first.

That is also kind of how the process of change came around for Luigi and Mario if you think about it.

Mario got a cape.
Luigi a missile.
Mario got a new down B, moved his old down B to down air, and got ride of his old down air.
Luigi kept his down B (which has noticeable differences from Mario's new down air) and kept his old down air.
Link got his Bow as well. In Melee. He did indeed get new moves. So yes, he did indeed change. And his A moves did too. Remember that Hookshot? Changed out for the Clawshot in Brawl. Also, Luigi was nearly a clone, so he got new moves. Link is not a clone, so why would they heavily change his moveset?

Link in the original Legend of Zelda was 14 or 15, and in Zelda II he was 15 or 16. He looks about the same age in the art for Link's Awakening and the Oracle of Ages/Seasons, so I'm merely guessing that he is around the same age. I'm unsure on his A Link to the Past look how old he was. In the two Four Swords games and the Minish Cap it was definitely some version of Toon Link, though.
Then please explain why the Trophy says Young Link was the one in The Legend of Zelda. What matters is that Sakurai believes that he is, and thus, Young Link was the one in the first game, and all the other overhead games. Also, explain why all the overhead games now use Toon Link, who is the Young Link replacement? Perhaps there's a reason for that?

If I'm not mistaken, the most common item in Zelda is the bottle. Think about it: in nearly every Zelda game you have up multiple of them. :awesome:
Wrong. The most common items were always the Bow, Bomb, and Arrow. Your Swords and Shields changed in various games. There's no heavy constant outside of those three weapons. You said yourself you didn't play all the games. Please research them all. And even then, okay, fine you have 5 constant items/weapons. Those are all represented faithfully in Smash. The most known. Makes sense.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Link to the Past. From speculation and many, many years of playing the game(you can't possibly know what that game means to me) i'd say pretty darn young. His looks make him seem like he's ten, but then again Chrono's looks make him seem younger than he's meant to be, so i could put him safely around 12-15.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Idunno, picking Paper Mario over Toad/Junior is like picking Pokemon Ranger over Lucario. As a spin-off Ranger has done okay, but it's not why people love Mario.

Toad and Junior are just better choices. It's better to pick B rank from the A team, than A rank from the B team.

More so, I just....wonder what Sakurai THINKS of PM. I mean, does he see him as he saw Doc and Toon Link? If so, I don't like the way he would end up playing. IF NOT, then fine.

He's not a BAD choice, I just doubt the legitimacy of how well he would be executed, UNLIKE Toad/Junior. I have no doubts that they would end up well made characters. (Not cloney)

If you're going to seriously respond to this, PLEASE keep it short. I don't really care about the topic to take on a full argument. Like I said, my complaints are mostly based on how Sakurai PROBABLY/MAY feel about him. I still think Toad/Junior is a much smarter pick.
Agreed.

AT the end of the day Paper Mario is Mario. And he has a legitimate shot at being closely related to Mario in terms of playstyle. Talk him up all you want, Toon Link had a similar fate. Have you noticed that Alternate "reality" versions of characters are usually added at the last second? As clones? Doc, Young, and Toon Link. Something Toad and Junior come from the Mario series, WHICH IN ALL has sold 210 million copies. They span across all kinds of titles, not just four of them, (Toad is even in the RPG series) unlike Paper Mario.

Choosing him over those two is really, REALLY stupid. It's like deciding to bring Zucchini bread to a bake sale, instead of brownies or cookies. People aren't as familar with it, and won't take to it as much as they would Brownies. Plus Zucchini bread is just a worse tasting CLONE of the more popular carrot cake.

Besides, I have my doubts about Mario getting another character to begin with.
I see your points, but I dont agree with them. I feel that Paper Mario isn't really Mario (he's Mario in name alone), based on how he plays in his games. I think the Paper Mario series would be considered a separate series (icon) in Smash. The Paper Mario games play 100% different than any regular Mario game. Dr Mario is Mario in a coat, Paper Mario is a completely different entitiy.

I get what you're saying about Toon Link, but I think there is a considerable difference: body type, animation type, and character model/art style. Sakurai considers character body type (it's been noted that Ganondorf was included in Melee because Sakurai noticed that he had a similar body type to Captain Falcon, thus making him a clone character was possible). Sakurai also pays attention to the way characters move in their own games (case in point: Wario). Based on these points...it seems really unlikely to me that Paper Mario would be a Mario clone. The way Paper Mario moves, his physics and animation style, i have a hard time even picturing him using some of Mario's moves. Young/Toon Link and Link use essentially the same movement physics and have a similar body type, so it was rather easy for them to convert Link's moves to Young/Toon. It would be difficult to do with Mario/Paper Mario. What i'm saying is that whether Paper was original or a clone, because of the nature of the character, they'd have to build him from the ground up. They'd have to either build a Mario clone from the ground up or an original character from the ground up. They likely couldnt just port the moveset. Now, I DO think it's possible that they would for some reason choose to build a Mario clone from the ground up for whatever reason. I'm just saying it's not something to assume.

Also, for what it's worth, I got Zucchini bread at a bake sale on Sunday. I did also get brownies and cherry strudel lol.

For the reasons I mentioned, i'd actually say Paper Mario points AWAY from being a clone. I'd say Bowser Jr is more likely to be a Bowser clone than Paper Mario a Mario clone, as Bowser Jr is closer in body type (be it not as large) to Bowser than Paper Mario is to Mario. Also, you seem to kind of contradict yourself here. Earlier you say that Paper Mario IS Mario, and now you reference them as different characters in your argument for which is most well known.

I'm not trying to offend, just challenging your opinion with my own. It seems we have opposite views on this particular character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A lot. Link has been nearly the same all three games. Why should he get changed instead of the clone first? Concentrate on the clones, as they're the problems. Explain why the clone shouldn't be changed first.
Because the clone makes me forget Link is in the game. Link in Brawl is a joke. An absolute joke. There is nothing redeeming about his play style, moves, or priority when compared to Toon Link. Nothing!

This phenomenon has happened in all 3 smash games now with Link, Ness, and Yoshi where they were all on the lower end of the spectrum. If you ask me, all three now need major overhauls to change them. Because quite frankly-they way they are just ain't working.

Link got his Bow as well. In Melee. He did indeed get new moves. So yes, he did indeed change. And his A moves did too. Remember that Hookshot? Changed out for the Clawshot in Brawl. Also, Luigi was nearly a clone, so he got new moves. Link is not a clone, so why would they heavily change his moveset?
Because Link's moves work better for Toon Link than Link. That's why. From a viewpoint on the move sets, that is the reason I am using.

If it was the other way around I would be on the other side of the spectrum. But based on how awful Link was with nearly all of his moves in each 3 smash game, and how great Toon Link was with every move in Brawl, I think Link needs to be overhauled. Whether a few of his moves change or none at all-he needs overhaul.

Then please explain why the Trophy says Young Link was the one in The Legend of Zelda. What matters is that Sakurai believes that he is, and thus, Young Link was the one in the first game, and all the other overhead games. Also, explain why all the overhead games now use Toon Link, who is the Young Link replacement? Perhaps there's a reason for that?
Please explain why the trophy in Melee and Brawl also says Link's original game was the Legend of Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda timeline and Links is just really a cluster of worthless information that we overcomplicated. I'm merely stating that those Link's ages are between the ages of the Links represented in smash. Therefore, any of their moves could legitimately go to either Link.

Wrong. The most common items were always the Bow, Bomb, and Arrow. Your Swords and Shields changed in various games. There's no heavy constant outside of those three weapons. You said yourself you didn't play all the games. Please research them all. And even then, okay, fine you have 5 constant items/weapons. Those are all represented faithfully in Smash. The most known. Makes sense.
The bottle is in every Zelda game. In every 3D Zelda game you could get 4 or more. Therefore the bottle is the most common item is Zelda.

I have played all the games. I just haven't beaten all the games. I have yet to beat Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, or Spirit Tracks, and now obviously Skyward Sword. I've beaten every console Zelda game at least a half dozen times (minus Twilight Princess, which I beat 4 times, and Zelda II, which I beat twice-which was ridiculous to do).

I don't care about the most well-known items. I care about the best. And the best IMO is different from the best in your opinion.

If I wanted Raccoon Mario over Fire Mario why would I be petitioning for Fire Mario over Raccoon Mario=??? You're trying to argue my opinion that Link needs overhauling, and possible move changes is wrong. You're not going to win because I am right-on what my own opinion is. I just think Link needs to be modernized, and made to where he isn't always on the bottom of the pyramid in smash. Is that really so wrong=???

Off topic, I agree with Drclaw. Paper Mario feels different than Mario, and definitely plays different. Mario stars platformers. Paper Mario stars in RPGs. Mario is 3D. Paper Mario is 2D in and can switch 2D worlds now thanks to Super Paper Mario.

Also, Mr. L still needs to be a Luigi alternate outfit. This isn't a discussion on this-this is the answer. Sakurai: make it happen, because it needs to happen!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because the clone makes me forget Link is in the game. Link in Brawl is a joke. An absolute joke. There is nothing redeeming about his play style, moves, or priority when compared to Toon Link. Nothing!
So you hate the character then. Okay. Likewise, I still have fun playing as either Link. And contrary to popular belief, not everybody chooses Toon Link over regular Link.

This phenomenon has happened in all 3 smash games now with Link, Ness, and Yoshi where they were all on the lower end of the spectrum. If you ask me, all three now need major overhauls to change them. Because quite frankly-they way they are just ain't working.
What do Tiers have to do with this? Oh, wait, this isn't about Tiers. This is about changing his moves. Please don't stray from the point. Also, this is about Link, not Ness or Yoshi. Stay on topic.

Because Link's moves work better for Toon Link than Link. That's why. From a viewpoint on the move sets, that is the reason I am using.
In your opinion. I see Toon Link getting moves from his Toon-based games. He has tons of choices there. Link already has moves from his games. That doesn't need to change. Once again, why is the clone the good guy here? When he's the copier, not the original.

If it was the other way around I would be on the other side of the spectrum. But based on how awful Link was with nearly all of his moves in each 3 smash game, and how great Toon Link was with every move in Brawl, I think Link needs to be overhauled. Whether a few of his moves change or none at all-he needs overhaul.
That's not because of his B Moves either. They're actually pretty good overall. It's the rest of his game that is lacking.

Please explain why the trophy in Melee and Brawl also says Link's original game was the Legend of Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda timeline and Links is just really a cluster of worthless information that we overcomplicated. I'm merely stating that those Link's ages are between the ages of the Links represented in smash. Therefore, any of their moves could legitimately go to either Link.
Except that's not true. You can say that about Young Link. But not about Toon Link. He has completely unique items that Adult Link does not. Toon Link should use those unique items. I can forgive Young Link for being a clone, because he pretty much IS regular Link.

The bottle is in every Zelda game. In every 3D Zelda game you could get 4 or more. Therefore the bottle is the most common item is Zelda.
The bottles are in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, and both DS Zelda games. It's not in the first two games, Link's Awakening, either Oracle game. So, by count, 9 for Bottle. 5 for No Bottle. Bombs and Boomerang are in every game except Zelda II. And Boomerang wasn't in Minish Cap either. That's two games they aren't in, and 12 they are. Or 1 and 13. Not nearly as common. As I said before, play and check ALL the facts first. You're only going from games you've played, not everything. The only game I have yet to play in Spirit Tracks, so I might be wrong on that one. Which barely changes the ratio in the first place. Bottle isn't that common. And it also appeared in Melee. We got a taste of it(pun intended).

Let's look at the Hammer. Zelda II, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass.

I have played all the games. I just haven't beaten all the games. I have yet to beat Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, or Spirit Tracks, and now obviously Skyward Sword. I've beaten every console Zelda game at least a half dozen times (minus Twilight Princess, which I beat 4 times, and Zelda II, which I beat twice-which was ridiculous to do).
Then why do you keep giving incorrect information? Before you reply, please more sure what you say is purely factual.

I don't care about the most well-known items. I care about the best. And the best IMO is different from the best in your opinion.
You're missing the point. Sakurai is adding what's iconic in the games. That was made clear by the move choices. If it can be done, go for iconic stuff. But don't delete the iconic stuff either. That's why the Mario Tornado wasn't deleted. It was Iconic. And the best is subjective, while iconic is objective. I took a nice mini poll in a chat room. When asked what the most iconic items were? Sword, Shield, Bomb, Bow, and Boomerang. Nothing else was mentioned until WAYYY later. So at first thought, those 5 items are iconic. Explain to me why Sakurai would grab stuff barely anybody knows about and put them into the character when he already has well known stuff in the first place? If you're using iconic character, use what they already have and are well known for. It's indeed a popularity contest in this case.

If I wanted Raccoon Mario over Fire Mario why would I be petitioning for Fire Mario over Raccoon Mario=??? You're trying to argue my opinion that Link needs overhauling, and possible move changes is wrong. You're not going to win because I am right-on what my own opinion is. I just think Link needs to be modernized, and made to where he isn't always on the bottom of the pyramid in smash. Is that really so wrong=???
You're going about it wrong. You're changing what makes him well known as Link. Toon Link was well known for a lot of items in his Toon games that Link didn't use. This isn't to say SS Link might not have different moves in Smash 4. But you can't say people know more about the Hammer, which has a smaller list of appearances, or the Ball & Chain, which has only about... 5 or 7 games, and usable only in ONE game, than the Bombs, Bow, and Boomerang. This is the whole way to make a character. Take what they're known for and apply it to Smash. You keep saying his most iconic moves are the problem. But they're not. It's his weight, slowness, and lack of mobility. He doesn't have enough strength either. What does this have to at all with his specials? Best you can argue is his Up B, as that's the only one that has a problem overall. That's why he has trouble recovering. Also, as I said before, this is solely about Link. Link is Link. Toon Link is also Link. The difference is that Toon Link is a freakin' clone, and has other options. Link is not, and is the one being copied. You're basing the changes only on Tiers and not who the character actually is.

Off topic, I agree with Drclaw. Paper Mario feels different than Mario, and definitely plays different. Mario stars platformers. Paper Mario stars in RPGs. Mario is 3D. Paper Mario is 2D in and can switch 2D worlds now thanks to Super Paper Mario.

Also, Mr. L still needs to be a Luigi alternate outfit. This isn't a discussion on this-this is the answer. Sakurai: make it happen, because it needs to happen!
As I said before, why would Sakurai make somebody named Mario into something other than a clone? It'd be great, but I'm not expecting anything more out of Paper Mario.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A lot of people tell me that Ness is really quite good but not a lot know how to use him. Hmm... I will admit i'd like Lucas to be a bit higher. I wish his moves didn't have so much startup lag, and some other stuff too, that would really help him.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Seriously, I'm just typing this here for future reference. I ask that you skip over it and continue with your discussion.

[COLLAPSE="SSB4 roster wishlist"]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda
Tetra
Vaati
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Pichu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pit
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Little Mac
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Marth
Ike
Andy
Isaac
Starfy
K. K. Slider
Ness
Lucas
Ninten
R.O.B.
Mr. Game And Watch
Snake
Sonic
Pacman
Megaman
Banjo-Kazooie

Total roster size: 55 (20 newcomers)
[/COLLAPSE]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seriously, I'm just typing this here for future reference. I ask that you skip over it and continue with your discussion.

[COLLAPSE="SSB4 roster wishlist"]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda
Tetra
Vaati
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Pichu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pit
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Little Mac
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Marth
Ike
Andy
Ness
Lucas
Ninten
R.O.B.
Mr. Game And Watch
Snake
Sonic
Pacman
Megaman
Banjo-Kazooie

Total roster size: 52 (17 newcomers)
[/COLLAPSE]
Toon Zelda and Tetra seem silly.

Banjo-Kazooie? Over tons of other Rare characters who are specific to Nintendo? Not a bad pick, but I'd think Fulgore would be better. Fighting game experience, is Nintendo only. Etc.

How would Ninten be different from Ness and Lucas?

No Roy or new Fire Emblem character? Really? Replace Ike with anyone else. We need new blood.

You added absolutely no new Pokemon, and gave them too many slots. Replace Pichu and Lucario with a 3rd and 5th gen rep. Then it'd be dealable.

Also, please list a reasonable moveset for Balloon Fighter. That's the only major questionable one amongst your Retro character. The rest, sure. They're fine.

Why no Wario or Yoshi new reps? This confuses me greatly. Likewise, 8 Zelda characters is heavily pushing it.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think metroid stuff is more just "Yeah! Lets have more metroid stuff!" Not really Ridley. I can go fetch Toise and Chrono's stuff from the SSB4 discussion group if you like?
And they only refer to wanting more F-Zero and Metroid content in general. They haven't mentioned much that they specifically want new characters for those series.
There were plenty of mentions specifically for Ridley/Goroh/Black Shadow, just that there were even more that said "where all the Metroid and F-Zero characters at?"

Coincidentally, I recall a JP Smash wiki that had a series of polls for all sorts of Favorite ____ bits, lots of landslides for F-Zero stuff. Made my day that day.

Remember he only looked on one Japanese message board, so we're not hearing all of Japan's desires here.
I looked at dozens of sites. 2ch (the "one") gets more attention on account of it being the largest JP forum, yes.

Oh yeah, Toise Tokens for your avatar.

I think the reason why we don't see nearly as much support for characters in Japan has some part to do with Mewtwo's and Roy's removal. The fact that they got cut and now are very highly requested to return has shown they are really just hoping for these two characters to return and they would be content. From them, a Mario rep, K. Rool, Goroh, and others are icing on the cake.
It's such a hot issue that everything else gets drowned out. But yeah, that's the idea.

Interesting. Well that Caeda part made my day. Although the "we need a girl" bit is dumb I will agree.
Like in the West, the single-minded "we need a girl!" crowd tends to completely miss the females that might actually show up.

@Paper Mario nerds: You guys and your quote jengas are like cancer on hemophilia.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For the reasons I mentioned, i'd actually say Paper Mario points AWAY from being a clone. I'd say Bowser Jr is more likely to be a Bowser clone than Paper Mario a Mario clone, as Bowser Jr is closer in body type (be it not as large) to Bowser than Paper Mario is to Mario. Also, you seem to kind of contradict yourself here. Earlier you say that Paper Mario IS Mario, and now you reference them as different characters in your argument for which is most well known.

I'm not trying to offend, just challenging your opinion with my own. It seems we have opposite views on this particular character.
You're silly. He can move/look different and still harbor similar moves, which is what bothers me/everyone. Sakurai can make a clone from scratch, which is something I can see happening. As far as I know, I think he likes the idea of taking existing movesets and twisting them a bit.

No, you read that out of context, John was using the whole "Paper Mario IS Mario" bit, and threw it back in his face. Which is where the debate should have ended.

My point is, he's up in the air(In terms of if he would be a clone), and not even the best choice. Why bother? HECK, MARIO having another character isn't even the best choice IMO.

My pick is for Ashley of WarioWare, then Captain Syrup, THEN Bowser Jr. The others don't really excite me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paper Mario is no clone. Not at all. Anyone here saying that actually played Paper Mario?

Will come back later for Link and his moves.

:phone:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I hate it that people never listen.

Toon Zelda and Tetra seem silly.

Toon Zelda is no bad choice, and Tetra is infinitely awesome.

Banjo-Kazooie? Over tons of other Rare characters who are specific to Nintendo? Not a bad pick, but I'd think Fulgore would be better. Fighting game experience, is Nintendo only. Etc.

Most iconic, doy.

How would Ninten be different from Ness and Lucas?

Ninten has squat offensive PK attacks.

No Roy or new Fire Emblem character? Really? Replace Ike with anyone else. We need new blood.

With who? None of the other main Fire Emblem characters are any more deserving than each other, that's the problem. Only Ike and Marth have appeared in more than one game.

You added absolutely no new Pokemon, and gave them too many slots. Replace Pichu and Lucario with a 3rd and 5th gen rep. Then it'd be dealable.

Define dealable. Pichu is awesome and Lucario is unique. 3rd Gen was forgettable, and Victini I'd consider.

Also, please list a reasonable moveset for Balloon Fighter. That's the only major questionable one amongst your Retro character. The rest, sure. They're fine.

You asked an MYMer that question. Challenge accepted.
Alternatively, this is a fine example, though not exactly to my preferences.

Why no Wario or Yoshi new reps? This confuses me greatly. Likewise, 8 Zelda characters is heavily pushing it.

And why? Wario and Yoshi side characters suffer the same problem as Fire EMblem characters in that they're no more worthy of a character slot than each other. Kamek pretty much loses a slot to Bowser Jr.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For a new Fire Emblem character, Chrome / Krom or whatever is name will be, from the upcomming 3DS game is a good choice. I really liked Ike, and wanted him badly in Brawl, but if Roy got the boot before and might not be comming back, Ike can expect the same treatment.

He might've been in 2 games (as did Marth), but he's only a "true" main character in Path of Radiance anyway. Now I'm gonna get quoted to hell and back on this ****, so let's just say; for future Fire Emblem games, Chrome / Krom is far more likely than Ike to star a new game. The 3DS game is likely gonna be just as Path of Radiance was at it's time, a revolution of sorts for the series. If anyone should replace Ike, it's this guy.

Roy is as likely to come back as Dr.Mario imo, and frankly I don't see how he would get different moves from Marth this time. Ike has his own moves, so he should get priority. He's also pretty popular in Brawl, being the heavy swordsman and such. So if I'd had to pick 3 Fire Emblem characters, it'd be Marth, Ike and Krom. Roy would be my 4th pick.

Others can become ATs. Hector, Shiida, Lyn, Roy, Micaiah, Soren, Ephriam, a Paladin, a General (or, the Black Knight), these would all make good AT characters. I think if a character from a old game isn't playable, they should try and make an AT for them. Same with Pokemon becoming Pokeball characters (say if Mewtwo, Lucario or Jigglypuff would not be playable, make them appear out of the Pokeballs, Pichu to).

Also stop with this 'iconic' **** before this gets out of hand. >_>

That said, I'm still all for a total move revamp on Link. Bow should be aimable, chargable, and a moveable move to make it anything better. If you people would only see how much better this Bow would make Link, you'd see why I don't think he needs Bombs and a Boomerang. I mean, he got his Side B and Up B altered already in Brawl (Gale Boomerang = Twilight Princess influence, can't deny that) and yeah, they sucked.

Now if he'd have only 1 good projectile, he'd be much better already. Thus, the Bow should work like it did in the 3D games (OoT, MM, TP, soon SS) that'd be iconic enough to leave bombs out. Spin Attack could be either like in OoT (keep the charge, but with extra range, suggested something similar before, no reply) or the Great Spin (0% = double range, double power, from Twilight Princess) or like Melee, or what I suggested before (both Great Spin and OoT's version sort of combined).

There is no Boomerang in SS anyway (thus far) so it might be left out. Anyway, there will of coarse be no more Gale Boomerang, that's a given. So there, room for a new move. As Johnknight said before, Mario had his Fludd in Brawl. It wasn't even from his most recent game (that'd be Mario Galaxy, which you'd think would influence his moves more than Sunshine, that Down B could've been his spinning punch from Galaxy for example) so there, if Mario gets this treatment, why not Link?

I'm not all fixed in this thought however, flexibility is good, especially when you don't want to get disapointed. If they give Link a new Up B, I'm fine with that. But I do want the Spin Attack to stay (like I said before, maybe his Down Smash, or Down B). I do think however you could make Link more you know, true to his games and just throw them damn bombs out. It's not a combat-related move at all, unlike the Spin Attack, and to Hyper Falcon; the Spin Attack has been around since after Zelda 2, how's that not iconic enough?

If Link didn't suck, no one would use bombs anyway. So guess what I want changed? Link not sucking, so he doesn't need bombs. And then someone says; "What projectile to use? Link is such a projectile heavy character bla bla bla. I don't want anything to change." I reply; could you read my suggestion about the bow? Guess many don't, and just disagree cause no body apperantly wants this sucky character to play any different. :glare: Change is GOOD. And Link has many options. **** those Bombs already. Leave that campy stuff to Samus
or Bomberman (which I, for the record- don't want in Smash)
and make Link actually good?

With just a few changes in attack speed, lag and power he'd be much better already. But seeing it's probably Skyward Sword Link, why not make him a more sky ward character? Also, everyone seems to automatically assume Toon Link stays in? I don't think it's that likely really, about 50/50 to me. So they might as well 'combine' Link and Toon Link into a character that feels like both of them, like the best of 2 worlds. Like I suggested before, have Link have Toon Link's Nair, and Bair for example (his only 2 unique moves from Link, aside from Fair) and his Forward Smash. Skyward Sword Link IS "Toon" Link anyway so...

3rd gen is forgettable? Get out.
It's apperantly getting a re-make (Ruby & Sapphire). But it was probably the most sucky generation. Can't say much cause I never played much of 4, and never even touched 5 so... I just want Mewtwo, the rest of the Pokemon characters I don't care about (aside from Pikachu, who I think could use a new Forward B as well).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well if Japan is mostly saying "We want more Metroid in general" and the West is saying "We want to play as Ridley," I hope Sakurai will put two and two together.

NEWCOMER: ADAM MALKOVICH/GENERIC SPACE PIRATE/RUNDAS/SYLUX

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked 3rd generation as well, but aside from another Pokemon Trainer I don't know what would be able to be a playable character which is actually important. Rayquaza as a boss in Brawl was nice enough imo. Only character I can think of is Deoxys? And of coarse the starters (Blaziken, Grovyle & Mudkip please).

5th gen, everone says the same thing. Zoroark and Victiny. Makes me wonder, how good is Black / White anyway? Worth getting, or should I wait for 'Grey'? Don't have a working DS atm so...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
B/W is pretty good, I certainly had a better time with it than Gens 3 and 4. The plot is easlily the best in the series yet. PETA in a Pokemon game? Enough said.

As for the Gen agrument I'd rather stay away from this one. I think it's a disaster just waiting to happen in terms of discussion, just like most Pokemon discussions in general.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy Kong: A lot of people were clamoring for Deoxys, Blaziken, and Gardevior to show up as playable characters. Plusle & Minun were supposedly planned for Brawl as well.

As for the 5th gen, there are outside mentions of Meloetta and Genesect seems to be somewhat popular with requests.

@ Metal Overlord

About how Kirby should be able to steal forward B moves, why Nintendo should have wired controllers for the Wii U, and why quite a few retro characters should be considered or re-considered for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and/or Super Smash Bros. 3D=???

Do those matter? YESSS!!!!

How awesome would it be for Kirby to use Snake's launcher thing? The boomerang again? Pound again? PK Fire again?

How awesome would it be for Little Mac and Mach Rider to be a team, possibly along with the likes of Samurai Goroh=???

Could you imagine playing Smash Bros. Wii U with a crappy connection at a huge tournament where wireless controller connections are getting all mixed up=??? (like what Wii controllers are vulnerable to) That would KILL the game competitively until a solution was found, lol! :grin: :cool: :088: :troll:

Also, anybody know if that one game that was revealed last week is REALLY the sequel to Takamaru's last game, or if it features Takamaru=???
Not only Forward B.

While he has the enemy inside his mouth, he can input Up B, down B, forward B or B. He'll copy the move and err... You probably understand what I'm getting to right?
I was not criticising Link players, I very well know that projectile spam is Link's game. And of coarse, play to win. I just don't like it like it's been done so far. See my earlier suggestions about the Bow. If they changed the Bow to that, there'd be no need for Boomerangs or bombs.

Spin Attack / Great Spin for Down B, Sword Beam for side B and a new up B is what I want. Maybe change his Nair and Bair to something more similar to Toon Link's as well. It seemed to work kinda well for Toon Link so to say. And seeing it's probably Skyward Sword Link we're getting, Link should not feel so clumpsy in the air no more.

:phone:
I'm fine with Link's current playstyle but I'm all for these changes
I want character who builds barriers and sheilds. That would be an interesting character to play as. A very defensive character. Like, maybe one sheild surrounds their body and reflects projectiles. While others are physical barriers the character can make, forcing the opponent to jump over them. Mayber she has a moving wall, you could use to prevent recovories?

I dunno, I like the idea of a barrier based character.
Zelda has potential to be a barrier character. It might have some good effects on her.

But I want her "Queen of zoning" playstyle from P:M

New d-special (If they replace it) - Triforce trap (From Twilight Princess)

Zelda summons a triforce flat on the ground. She can detonate it which causes it to shoot out a small beam-- REMEMBER ZELDA IN TP AS A BOSS. In air, it's facing front and it's flying in mid air
So you're saying that the Geno support group will continue to live over the years until in the small chance he gets in?
Yes.

Just because the character has a low chance, doesn't mean anyone has no right to support him.
Toad (I would have placed him higher but after what Sakurai said I have my doubts)
Come with me my friend
My most preferred is Bowser Jr.

Which is odd, because I actually don't like the character at all. But his transformation into Shadow Mario could be awesome.

I like the rest, notably, but I don't think they'd be worth bringing in.
I don't want Shadow Mario. Jr. is fine as a stand alone fighter
Toad rarely fights. Heck, the only games he has fought in are Super Mario Bros. 2 and NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii if memory serves me right.
Recent and future games disagree with ya

Off topic: Just read the reviews of Kirby returns to Dreamland in Gamespot and IGN. There are a LOT OF CONTRADICTIONS in the reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom