• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New smasher looking for advice

Wild Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
SodaPOP67
3DS FC
1693-0386-9603
Hey, I'm a new smasher and I'm looking for advice with this character. The moveset I use is:
:GCN: :GCB: : Shot put, for projectiles and zoning
:GCR: :GCB: : Onslaught, although it's similar to burning dropkick, it KO's off the ceiling and is faster, so I prefer it
:GCU: :GCB: : Helicopter Kick, for it's strong kill power
:GCD: :GCB: : Feint Jump, to use as a better vertical recovery and for mind games
Weight: Fat (all the way up the slider in mii maker)
Height: Short (all the way down on the slider in mii maker)
I didn't really think about how the weight and height would affect the mii as a fighter, I just liked it in the mii maker. It doesn't really affect it much in game though, so I stuck with these setting.
Also, any advice on this character is helpful, I really want to step up my game with him :)

darktrickster101

Smash Cadet
Don't know a great deal about miis but if you want to see a great mii in action try watching some of dapffster's battles. that guy can put up a good fight against people like nairo and false so he should be a good example of what to do.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Always good to see another mii user :) Dapuffster should be coming in soon to help you out but here's a couple things to consider....

In a lot of tournament settings they're gonna use the EVO setups - for Mii Brawler that means you either have to go with smallest height, lightest weight or default height and weight. I personally prefer your wide setup for my miis but sometimes you just gotta adapt.

1122 (your set) is what most people seem to be using, but a lot of people are checking out the benefits of Ultimate Uppercut, Puffster included. I prefer Shot Put myself but maybe test both out to see which feels more comfortable for you.

Wild Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
SodaPOP67
3DS FC
1693-0386-9603
Thanks for the tips guys, and yes I have seen DaPuffster play before. Felix ftw!
On the topic of using Ultimate Uppercut instead of Shotput, I have thought of changing it, but decided against it because having a projectile helps mii brawler in a lot of situations, especially one with a long lasting hitbox like it has. The ultimate uppercut would be my second choice, and is a very good option with it's kill potential. About height and weight, I really hope I don't have to go to any tournament that would make me change the weight of my mii, but I feel like I could probably get used to whatever changes that would bring quickly enough :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Thanks for the tips guys, and yes I have seen DaPuffster play before. Felix ftw!
On the topic of using Ultimate Uppercut instead of Shotput, I have thought of changing it, but decided against it because having a projectile helps mii brawler in a lot of situations, especially one with a long lasting hitbox like it has. The ultimate uppercut would be my second choice, and is a very good option with it's kill potential. About height and weight, I really hope I don't have to go to any tournament that would make me change the weight of my mii, but I feel like I could probably get used to whatever changes that would bring quickly enough :)
Hey! Welcome aboard the mii brawler hype train. Well, I personally think that shotput definitely has its uses, but only with small mii brawler, you see, the move has a very long cooldown that leaves the character vulnerable, and due to its long start-up it is very react-able and high level players can almost always shield it in time. With tiny mii brawler you can use your superb arieal mobility to slide yourself off the stage after using it, letting yourself essentially be safe for missing with it. It should be noted however that Mii Brawler has trouble killing when he can no longer combo into helicopter kick, this is where ultimate uppercut comes into play, as it can kill MUCH sooner than shotput can. So honestly it is up to you if you want to have a back up kill move instead of an below-average projectile, not that a below-average projectile is bad, its better than nothing, I've used it in some matchups such as against Peach or Rosalina.

I'd honestly say get comfortable with the default size of mii brawler and then move onto tiny when you're ready, tiny mii brawler has more combos due to his faster frame data, but he deals less damage and has much less range, meaning you have to be more precise with your attacks if you want them to land correctly.

Anyways, we have a Mii fighter skype group if any of you are interested in joining, I chat there frequently and you can usually ask me questions.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
About height and weight, I really hope I don't have to go to any tournament that would make me change the weight of my mii, but I feel like I could probably get used to whatever changes that would bring quickly enough :)
Again, gonna defer to Puffster on this one, in part because I'm genuinely interested to hear about how his local tournaments handle Miis. I've seen the videos of Felix/Vegeta as well as Keitaro's Vegeta Mii, but I'm not familiar enough with all the frames to know about particular heights and weights. For me personally, I wish tournaments would be more flexible and just let people use any size mii since the differences - while there - don't seem game breaking.

On the off chance that I do get to go to Xanadu, unfortunately I don't think they have the opportunity to be nearly as flexible because their tourneys are so big. Customs off weeks are default settings and 1111 for all three miis, which is far from optimal, and customs on weeks you have to use one of the EVO sets.

Like you said, I don't think the changes are too drastic when going from small height/big width to one of the others, but as Puffster said the changes are there.

Wild Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
SodaPOP67
3DS FC
1693-0386-9603
Hey! Welcome aboard the mii brawler hype train. Well, I personally think that shotput definitely has its uses, but only with small mii brawler, you see, the move has a very long cooldown that leaves the character vulnerable, and due to its long start-up it is very react-able and high level players can almost always shield it in time. With tiny mii brawler you can use your superb arieal mobility to slide yourself off the stage after using it, letting yourself essentially be safe for missing with it. It should be noted however that Mii Brawler has trouble killing when he can no longer combo into helicopter kick, this is where ultimate uppercut comes into play, as it can kill MUCH sooner than shotput can. So honestly it is up to you if you want to have a back up kill move instead of an below-average projectile, not that a below-average projectile is bad, its better than nothing, I've used it in some matchups such as against Peach or Rosalina.

I'd honestly say get comfortable with the default size of mii brawler and then move onto tiny when you're ready, tiny mii brawler has more combos due to his faster frame data, but he deals less damage and has much less range, meaning you have to be more precise with your attacks if you want them to land correctly.

Anyways, we have a Mii fighter skype group if any of you are interested in joining, I chat there frequently and you can usually ask me questions.
Thanks! I'd love to join the Skype group, my skype is KelvinWildman. Also, I have noticed the lag on the shotput, but at my skill level it isn't as bad. May change it when I start playing better players (it sucks that you can't use mii's in for glory)

Top Bottom