• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 'Stalling' Tech! MWHAHA!

Smoom77

Smash Master
First of all, this is only on Wario. And ICs can't force an AR, so this is an alternative.

1. Grab Wario.
2. Let him ground release.
3. Regrab with Nana.
4. Pummel to grab with Popo
Eventually he'll realize that he'll need to air release to escape.
5. He'll AR.
6. Nana can jump>fair spike him.
7. Popo will do an ice block>get up.
8. Regrab.

I need to test if the ice block works or not. But I'm confident that the fair works on him. And I need a cool name for this if it works.

Flaws:
-He could eventually AR while Nana is holding him, so you can't spike him.
-Will the ice block work?
-Is this considered stalling?

Discuss and help me test. Please.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
umm dont think it be stalling since ur, doing damage to him... stalling is more of when u avoid the opponent to kill the timer if ur a higher percent to win the match... this would be more like a complicated chain grab i guess????

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can regrab wario out of his air release. It needs to be frame perfect, and wario will often footstool nana trying to jump out, but you can just grab him out of it.

And the pummel CG works on everyone. If you just keep pummeling then they won't air break anyways.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You can regrab wario out of his air release. It needs to be frame perfect, and wario will often footstool nana trying to jump out, but you can just grab him out of it.

And the pummel CG works on everyone. If you just keep pummeling then they won't air break anyways.
They can still air break if they get out during a jump input between each hit. Only a few characters such as fox can force ground release through non stop pummeling i believe.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can't you just alt grab them?

<_< >_>.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If Wario should mash out and footstools Nana (or Popo), the other Climber can grab him during the first few frames of footstool (or if you make them pivot grab really quick). MrEh had done testing on this ages ago, and I'm pretty sure the ICs don't get a standard regrab otherwise (unless the Wario has no DJ or presses it late).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
phantomx appears in every wario thread that appears, ever

maybe i should post somewhere in a social thread, or media thread about wario and phantomx will appear

i guess u are a true phantom

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Hmm, maybe this can work as a "gimp" due to forcing a jump, then cg to ledge and just release him, like the pika fthrow "CG" on snake after catching him landing from an up-b.

But it would just probably need to have ICs catch him from the Up-B which wont happen because you´ll regrab before wario has time to up-b

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm with hylian, if you're doiing this... just get rid of their stock. one mishap and could cost you a match.
I've seen vids of people doing flashy grabs... in the end it wasn't worth it.

Top Bottom