• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Ice Climbers Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaTheXIII

Smash Apprentice
Under the sea with Ariel and her friends!
Hey guys, I started playing Ice Climbers last night and have been messing around with them since. I've gone through a lot of the boards here and read up on a lot of things. Anywho I was just wondering if theres any tips on how to get a better "feel" of the character? I'm alright at edge hogging and other basic stuff, Even chaingrabs i'm alright, The only main problem I have is alternating throws and Fsmashing with Nana. I hope you guys can help me out lol. thanks :)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Q&A please... but I'll answer it here just because you asked. But remember... Q&A

What do you mean by feel? If you need a better feel of any character you need to play them in a match... well.... many matches.

As well to practice alternating throw... it's pure practice. You can get the timing right with the sound or memorization of the timing.

To Fsmash with Nana... press the C Stick (assuming you use a CG controller), if you want to charge it, press the grab button at the same time you press the C Stick.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
the best thing to know about the IC'ers is practise, practise, practise... when i first picked the IC'ers up as my main. i spent 3-5 hours everyday practiseing chaingrabs and dysnch's and i still do, the first thing is to learn the basic's of the ice climbers, your basic chain grabs and dysnchs like dash dysnch, or an easy one to pick up is the f-smash dynsch just tap one direction and then when u tap the other diraction fast hold it and press attack as if u where charging a f-smash popo will charge nana will stay still allowing you to IB blizzard w/e u want, after that learn dash dysnch into IB and blizzard, then work on jumping dysnch'ed blizzards from there let your imagination do the work and throw in other stuff like blizzard to u-air to n-air to blizzard stuff like that.... but its all practise and learning the match-ups and zoning. hope that helps, also i have been playing IC'ers for almost a year now, and i do quiet well placing first/second in almost all the tournys i attend in BC/vancouver island, and i still practise CG's and dysnchs everyday... GL my friend i hope you enjoy this awsome and fun character to play.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow, how the hell did me or Hylian not see this.

Q and A thread next time. @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom