• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Global Smash Power in For Glory mode?

Chynkinese

Smash Rookie
I've done a little Googling and it appears there is no GSP in For Glory mode. This is coming as a huge surprise as the interviews prior to release made it sound like the GSP will provide much needed online competition.

This is hugely disappointing and I'm afraid the competitive scene will suffer from this. Only the really hardcore players competed in the past SSB games as it meant joining tournaments and organizing matches. The GSP meant the average player would be able to compete without having to join tournaments and the likes. I've spent a significant part of the last two days playing and enjoying the game online. Now much of that motivation to compete online is gone.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's not a ranking score for multiplayer, it pertains strictly to single player performances.

You're still being scored and matchmade online. It's just not tied to your GSP, nor is it (to my knowledge) visible. Consider it your invisible MMR from any other online matchmaking game.

Top Bottom