• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, really obvious thread, but Iwant to emphasize. USE BANANAS. SERIOUSLY

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so when i first picked up Diddy, i got pretty decent i guess, but i never really used bananas...i started using bananas, and my win rate has like doubled lol

USE THEM. you don't even have to be strategic with them, just having them on the map helps.

okay carry on.

Vro

Smash Lord
Perhaps instead of a suggestion thread, we can create a discussion or strategy thread with bananans. I guess I'll start.

Whenever you have a spare moment, pull out both bananas. They place great ground pressure on your opponent. Make sure you dash attack to pick them up and continue annoying your opponent. They're best escape option after falling will be to attack or jump, so shield or aerial to continue pressure.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Uh, it's mostly common sense..

You should learn the glide throw where you roll and press A when rolling and it will throw while rolling--kinda. Check out the thread on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked throwing bananas when recovering back to the stage from a upward attack. It's especially fun when the falling banana hits them, you cartwheel into them and then smash throw the banana again, and repeat.

Also, I had fun on Battlefield by surounding myself with bananas and repeatly spam the popgun and hit them up with a nice charged FSmash when the guy tried to approach.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing them out on the field for the heck of it isn't always a good idea. Though most of the time it is.

The reason I say that, is because if your opponent is intelligent, he will eventually start learning how to use them against you. And you'll need to be prepared when that time comes. Especially characters that have a reflect move like the Space Animals are a threat here.

kendrick

Smash Rookie
Since bananas are so powerful, the most important thing is to make sure they are always in your control. I have found that it is ideal to only pull out one banana at a time when playing against someone who realizes how powerful they are as well. Obviously having two out at a time has their uses for baiting, chain throwing, etc. just keep in mind how you will prevent your opponent from taking that second banana once it comes out.

Also, could someone please explain to me the practical advantage of a glide throw?

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Uh, it's mostly common sense..

You should learn the glide throw where you roll and press A when rolling and it will throw while rolling--kinda. Check out the thread on it.

Slide throwing is beyond amazing.

While using the slide throw, you can throw the banana the opposite way you're sliding by using the C-Stick to throw the bananas.

Using the sliding throw, you can slide throw towards the enemy, and then immediately F-Smash while they're getting up.

Also, could someone please explain to me the practical advantage of a glide throw?
The practical advantages? There is no reason why you shouldn't slide throw, or glide throw as you guys call it, it's the closest form of Wavedashing in the game, I think.

It allows you to have no downtime while throwing bananas, and it allows you to position yourself next to your enemy for any type of attack you want, or it allows you to chain throw bananas...

There is honestly no reason why you shouldn't use Slide/Glide throw.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
K. I'm dumb. How do you pull banana's. I did it by accident today and came on here to see if other had as well.

EDIT: I'm dumb. Down B.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Neutral B! ;) And I've been doing that a bit (thoug Diddy Kong is like one of the 24 characters I use; ya! :laugh:). using Bananas is a epic mindgame, especially followed by his forward B (in air; it's his flip thing, right; I forget when not in battle sometimes! :laugh:), forward air, or sometimes even nAir or uAir (if they're above you). It can have some epic mind game-like combos online. I straight up comboed some Ivysaur online on Green Hill Zone from like 0 to 50% by mind gaming them with 3 to 5 banana peels, they trip, I up tilt, I do the grab move with the forward B (perfect distance), forward air, and into more banana peels. Those banana peels can have some crazy effects.

Ya, so knowing to use them is the first step. Start applying them, and it'll help you a lot. Your opponent will be more cautious, but it can throw them off like no other, since Diddy Kong is a living, breathing, moving taunt. Throw banana peels, trick them into it, be smart enough (and work on it) to avoid getting hit by them (unless you got some insane stratgey), and you got possibly one of the craziest mind games in the game (so far) down. Trust me, apply and watch your opponents die. (rhymeage! :cool:) ;) :grin: :)

pesticide

Smash Lord
yea, ive been using nanners since the beginning. they should always be out on the field or in ur hands IMO cuz they always keep ur opponent on their feet. they never know what's about to happen.

Lmaonade

Smash Rookie
Banana Spamming ftw.

I've come up with some crazy banana toss arial combos.

Simply. Amazing.

Owned.

Croyt

Smash Rookie
Ughhhh

MAIN problem about bananas is that I play with my friends, and they know Im gonna put them out there, so they just pick em up and throw them right back. WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING.

Another annoying thing, is that when you are holding one, you can use no A button, or C-Stick moves. So you better use the diddy-glide kick hahah

Top Bottom