• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar confirmed for next smash bros

Jonsp2000

Smash Rookie
Olimar is now going to be in the next smash bros. But he has been confirmed for the 3DS version. One more thing his stage might be from pikmin 3 or from the first two pikmin games.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I've been asking myself this question. Why do certain characters only have screens from one version of the game, for ex: Wii Fit trainer and villager only have screens from Wii U version. I'm guessing it could be that they are exclusive to that version.

I've heard sakurai say that both games will have the same AMOUNT of chars but not the same chars.

As for Pikmin 3 stage. That without a doubt looks like a pikmin 3 stage. Last screenshot for olimar shows Alph, Brittany's, and Charly's ship from Pikmin 3.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've been asking myself this question. Why do certain characters only have screens from one version of the game, for ex: Wii Fit trainer and villager only have screens from Wii U version. I'm guessing it could be that they are exclusive to that version.

I've heard sakurai say that both games will have the same AMOUNT of chars but not the same chars.

As for Pikmin 3 stage. That without a doubt looks like a pikmin 3 stage. Last screenshot for olimar shows Alph, Brittany's, and Charly's ship from Pikmin 3.

Sakurai said the characters won't be different between the versions.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_same_character_roster_on_both_wii_u_and_3ds

That stage is pretty alright, for sure!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
well glad to finally understand that. Thankyou

but that really sucks cause now Smash U version will not be able to be at it's fullest cause of the 3ds :/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
well glad to finally understand that. Thankyou

but that really sucks cause now Smash U version will not be able to be at it's fullest cause of the 3ds :/
*sigh* you are wrong here. The 3DS roster will not hold back the Wii-U roster. At all. Never eve. A 3DS card can hold up to 8 GBs and Brawl only had like 7GBs meaning the 3DS can hold all of Brawl and then some and characters take up very little space to begin with as the reason Brawl was so crammed was becuase of SSE and poor compression. People really need to stop thinking the 3DS will hold the Wii-U back, heck games like Street Fighter and Tekken that are on the 3DS have 40+ characters and only use like 2GBs worth of data. So again, the 3DS will NOT hold back the Wii-U. -_-

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You also need to take into account the texture quality, as higher quality textures use more memory than textures with less colors.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
*sigh* you are wrong here. The 3DS roster will not hold back the Wii-U roster. At all. Never eve. A 3DS card can hold up to 8 GBs and Brawl only had like 7GBs meaning the 3DS can hold all of Brawl and then some and characters take up very little space to begin with as the reason Brawl was so crammed was becuase of SSE and poor compression. People really need to stop thinking the 3DS will hold the Wii-U back, heck games like Street Fighter and Tekken that are on the 3DS have 40+ characters and only use like 2GBs worth of data. So again, the 3DS will NOT hold back the Wii-U. -_-

Well I hope your right.

That's all I can say :/

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another bad character choice.
Not going to qualify that with anything? Isn't it honestly better not to post things like that if there isn't anything to add or even begin to discuss when you post them?

As a side note, all these new screenshots are making me realize just how much better the Pikmin look now than in Brawl.

Dat HD.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
Not going to qualify that with anything? Isn't it honestly better not to post things like that if there isn't anything to add or even begin to discuss when you post them?

As a side note, all these new screenshots are making me realize just how much better the Pikmin look now than in Brawl.

Dat HD.
Are you ********? Did you play with him even once in brawl? Because then you'd know what i'm talking about.

Rinnin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2492-4645-8842
Are you ********? Did you play with him even once in brawl? Because then you'd know what i'm talking about.

Olimar was one of Brawl's best characters. Your point?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
You're going to have to explain more rather than relying on someone else's memory proving itself wrong.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

You mean my second most-played character who is in fact one of the best characters in Brawl, within the top 3? Yes, I think I did. It doesn't explain why you're posting opinionated, non-objective statements that are degrading a well-loved character in a thread where it's not needed.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
You mean my second most-played character who is in fact one of the best characters in Brawl, within the top 3? Yes, I think I did. It doesn't explain why you're posting opinionated, non-objective statements that are degrading a well-loved character in a thread where it's not needed.
One of the best characters? What the heck are you talking about? He's just annoying and he isn't even ranked in the top ten tier list. Brawl just wasn't a good game in general.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
One of the best characters? What the heck are you talking about? He's just annoying and he isn't even ranked in the top ten tier list. Brawl just wasn't a good game in general.
In case you weren't aware, this isn't the place to discuss Melee vs. Brawl. This is the Olimar forum, where fans of Olimar come to discuss Olimar.

And I'm sorry, but THIS:

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-swf-tier-list-v8.335959/

Is the official tier list for Brawl, and Olimar is tied with Diddy, both of which are just below Meta Knight.

If you're one of those users who isn't here to contribute and just here to derail, it's going to be tough on SWF.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
In case you weren't aware, this isn't the place to discuss Melee vs. Brawl. This is the Olimar forum, where fans of Olimar come to discuss Olimar.

And I'm sorry, but THIS:

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-swf-tier-list-v8.335959/

Is the official tier list for Brawl, and Olimar is tied with Diddy, both of which are just below Meta Knight.

If you're one of those users who isn't here to contribute and just here to derail, it's going to be tough on SWF.
Depends on what tier list you look on and that's a bad one. I was talking about Olimar, and how they should just get rid of him.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
It's not a bad or a good one- it's the most recently updated and accurate one,and the only official one for North America. I'd very much like to see what your idea of a good tier list is.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Depends on what tier list you look on and that's a bad one. I was talking about Olimar, and how they should just get rid of him.
Well thankfully it's not a matter of subjective opinion, as this is the official and most recently accurate tier list.

Not good to feed the :troll: though, my bad guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have never seen someone post that many incorrect statements in a row...man, if this guy isn't a troll, I think I lost even more faith in the average Smash fan...

D

Deleted member

I have never seen someone post that many incorrect statements in a row...man, if this guy isn't a troll, I think I lost even more faith in the average Smash fan...
It wouldn't be fair to associate the entire fanbase in a bad light solely because of one troll/idiot.

Now, if there were many others like this guy.....then it would be fair.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It wouldn't be fair to associate the entire fanbase in a bad light solely because of one troll/idiot.

Now, if there were many others like this guy.....then it would be fair.

True, but you know what they say...if you find one cockroach in your house, there's probably more. :troll:

But yeah, those last few posts...bleh.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You're going to expect a lot of new people solely because of smash 4.

Just keep expecting a lot more people asking about what kind of moves they prefer it to be.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
True, but you know what they say...if you find one cockroach in your house, there's probably more. :troll:
That's a really good saying. I'm gonna save that one in my brain's hard drive.

Also, I'm glad Olimar's back. Sucks playing against him, but only because he's a good character who exploits some of my main's weaknesses.

Top Bottom