• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omfg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchau

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,
My name's Ryan and I bought my Wii about a month ago. I played for about a year though in college with my dorm mates for fun. Anyways, as soon as I picked it up I immediately became interested in Ice Climbers, my game name is usually "RiCE" for Ryan Ice I guess, and I call them Rice Climbers. Iono if that's original, just thought it was kinda nice because thats the first initial of my first name, and I'm Asian so it works lol.

Anyways, when I first started ICs prior to yesterday, all I could do was Popo Dthrow to Nana Fair, and then once they were >25% and I knew they wouldn't stand up I'd just Dsmash to try and get as much damage on them before I had to wing it, because I didn't know how to alternate bthrow >.< I was; however, comfortable with hobbling too, after seeing Hylian's thread -it was pretty easy.

So I dedicated all of yesterday to learning how to Popo Bthrow to Nana Dthrow, and I can do it against most of the cast! The only person I have trouble regrabbing after the Nana Dthrow is Snake x_X which is like one of the most important imo. But, that's not the point. I composed a written guide/walkthrough to improving the timing with bthrows on nearly the entire cast. I literally just learned how to consistently bthrow almost every character yesterday lol. The guide was originally just me taking thorough notes for myself as a reference for matchups so I'd know exactly what to look for when bthrowing a certain character. I might release it to help people struggling with ICs in the near future.

I guess the point of this thread is i) for me to give a shoutout to Nya~, Hylian, Lain, Nintendogs, and KRD. Your videos and matches were and will continue to be a source of inspiration to me, as I hope to get to your guys' level one day; and ii) openly express my excitement for learning how to alternate bthrows!! I'm sure the day we FINALLY get the bthrow down, we're like YESSS!!! haha xD Don't think i'm trying to +1 or anything, just because I don't post a lot doesn't mean I haven't been through every single page in the IC's Subforum =\ Anywho, now that I have bthrows down (and they're pretty easy now imo, just need to perfect the Snake/Diddy Grab) I think i'm going to look into Desynchs and approaches. Get those down pat and i should be on way to playing competitively :D

For those of you who took the time to read my ramblings, thanks! Hi Everyone!!!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sorry to tell you this, but this thread is probably getting close.

You should still post vids of you so we can see what you can do ^.^

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:o Hi, nice to meet you.

Not to be pessimistic but Sword's right. The mods won't let you make personal threads or somethin like that T.T

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Social thread please. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom