• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

one last thing

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
ya know,ive been comparing pit and link for what seems like forever now.and the only thing that i see pit lacking is a "get everyone the **** away from me" attack.if he has an attack like this,i'll main him instead of link.if u dont know what i mean, im referring to link's sword spin,mario's tornado,dk's ground pound,etc.so if there was anyone that went to e4all,or anyone that knows of this,please tell me.so basically, in summary,does pit have a "get everyone the **** away from me" move?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
No character is going to be perfect. Everyone every character has to trade something to get something. In this case he loses strength to obtain good recovery and speed and agility.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how link's sword spin beats pit's ability to fly in any way possible other than it has the ability to damage someone and most of the time it misses or the person jumps out of the way anyway.

But to answer your question, no Pit does not have a big move like that. At least not one that surrounds him. He has smash move where he twirls his double-sided sword around in front of him, but it pretty much leaves his back exposed.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but the way to me that you can compare them is the way each character's move have similar properties. Pit and Metaknight- Fly Swords Speed Weak Pit and Link- Swords Bow

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
You can actually compare Pit with Metaknight and Link.
You didn't post that. how do you compare pit to MK? Pit is a flying link, but don't say Pit is like MK just cuz they can fly. that's like saying pit is like charizard

EDIT: MK is weak yes... but MK has vastly more ground combo ability than pit, since pit has arms, limiting how fast he can swing. OK yes MK has arms, but hes an alien. there

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Everyone has an attack like that. its called. everey attack.

see. the thing is

Nobody wants to get hit. (except for Jigglypuff w/Bv)

When you dont want someone to hit you. you hit them. so everey attack technacly is a get the **** away attack. as for attacks that are crazy awesome like Links B^ or DK Bv. Sorry. Nada. But he has some good defense moves and recovery to make up for it.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Alright even if your right they are still alittle similar if not as close as Pit and Link but to me they are still similar.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
No you dont understand him. He wants a Area attack, that can hit multiple targets.
Like, you are trapped with link by 3 cpus, what do u do? UP+B!
Its useful when you are outnumbered like i usually am. And I didn't think this before this thread, good point, dude... something to consider...

Maybe his down smash can be useful (i think its like link's).

Superninja why r americans using portuguese words recently?

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
yes thank u taurtoph,that is exactly what i mean.oh and thanx about that whole something to consider thing.but ya know,i think ive practically considered everything ever between those 2 (pit and link).and yah that down smash is mos def something 2 look into.ive been trying to find a video of it but it seems that there is none.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
Alright I understand now, I see what you are talking about.
yah i guess that was my bad Hmaal. i guess i just didnt communicate what i really wanted out of this thread correctly.but again,if anyone has a video of pits dsmash,please feel free to drop me a link.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
His F-Smash is a nice move, it knocks everyone away from him. It was one of the moves I used often. In a one-on-one match, people don't really need a "get the **** away from me" move.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Yes in 1x1 they don't but not everyone plays only 1x1 matchs...
I'm usually playing 2x1 since its the way my friends can beat me...

Maybe in that cases you can just jump and glide/fly to a position where there's nobody behind you, it is, if the glide/fly are fast enough.
Also i heard you can shot arrows downwards when gliding isn't that great!?

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
yah i usually play 3 on 1 matches because everyone gets really pissed @ me 4 winning so much and attempts to triple team me.haha,it practically never works even w/ triple teaming.and r u ****ing serious dude?! thats awesome that you can shoot downwards while gliding.maybe sakurai was really speaking the truth when he said "From the perspective of the rules of Smash, I sense that mastering this skill could be quite beneficial. That is, IF you can master it..."

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Pit and Link are not hte best canidates to be comparing. Istead compare Pit to Meta Knight they have more similarities

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
you guys do realize that its still a possibility;its just unlikely.its not like anybody specifically tried doing this @ e4 all or anything.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
What about ↓Smash?
Correct me if I'm wrong but pretty much every ↓smash hits both ways and has a good attack range.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry,
but what is so good about shooting arrows while gliding..?
I don't really see the point, besides moving and attacking, which you can do with items now.
Do pit's arrows go through people? Other than that...
I don't mean anything negative, I honestly don't know.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
ya know marvin,i suppose it really isnt that amazing.but its innovative,cool, and adds another trick to the pit book,and thats what the smashbros. franchise is, right,being innovative?and im not sure about the whole arrows going through people.it might be possible (just because its called a light arrow) but i doubt it does.

iron blade

Smash Ace
pit's dsmash is an area attack, and it is pretty strong. if that doesn't work, he can use his up b to put some distance between his opponents. scratch that, he can put a LOT of distance between him and his opponents, but it doesn't do damage.

pit's arrows stop when they hit someone.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
pit's dsmash is an area attack, and it is pretty strong. if that doesn't work, he can use his up b to put some distance between his opponents. scratch that, he can put a LOT of distance between him and his opponents, but it doesn't do damage.

pit's arrows stop when they hit someone.
its very good 2 know about that dsmash,any videos on it?o and the upb doesnt do any damage at all? i thought that it might do a tiny bit or something.

iron blade

Smash Ace
the up b doesn't do any damage, but you can attack during it and cancel it. i found a video of pit's dsmash, it's not the greatest quality but you can definitely see it. look right at the very beginning of the video, he knocks link off the edge and does his dsmash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ15BBSQV_k

he also does it again around 1:49.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot ironblade,that really helps.so basically its links dsmash?thats what i got out of it at least.

Top Bottom