• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Controller Setup?

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
What are the controls that you use when playing luigi? I use the default setup and was wondering what you guys use, and why?

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I use the gamepad and just use default settings. With a GCN controller, I might just turn tap jump off. I don't think there needs to be a whole lot changed on the controller layout.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I have L set to jump so I can get easy jump cancels. I also have c-stick set to attack instead of smash for better control in the air. Tap jump off but I can just utilt/uair with tilt stick anyway so honestly it's just a small preference thing.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Default minus tap jump on 3DS

On Gamecube remote, no tap jump and Y mapped for grabs.

S0 B00sted

Smash Cadet
Premium
Everything default except A+B smash and rumble turned off. I play with tap jump on as that's just how I'm used to it. I only use it for Up-B/Up-smash OOS and sometimes for a quick jump to aerial, though. All other jumping I do with X/Y.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Every extra turned off. R set to jump and Y set to grab. This setup compliments my play with falco so im used to it.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
3DS: Default controls. Set sheild triggers to your preference. Keep an attack button next to jump, and a special button next to jump if you do not use tap jump for out of sheild options.
GCC: L or R button to grab for easier grabbing. Set Z button to your preference. Set A, X, and Y to attack, special, and jump for oos options to your preference. set b button to your preference. If A is jump, you can also make B attack or special for oos options. If you set d-pad to special for cyclone height set your Z button to d-taunt for maximum options. Keep c-stick as smashes for easier smash attacks. (oos options only apply without tap jump) Turn Special plus attack to smash off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom