• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Follow-Up to Jab Reset?

skoolzout1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skoolzout1
3DS FC
0018-2889-0858
I've been playing Ike since day one, I've seen him go from nay to yay through all the patches and Im proud to call him my main since even in the brawl days.

Anyways, I've been looking into his down throw footstool jab reset setup and I have long debated what the optimal follow up is after the reset. I'll show you what I've managed to do so far, I don't know how true this combo is since its training mode but please post your ideas for changes/additions to the follow ups. Thank you (:

http://youtu.be/xx4vwT9zTeg

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
You pretty much did the optimal things after

However, the up-air wouldn't be true. F-Air would be though.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
My personal favorite has always been...

N-air --> D-throw --> Footstool --> D-air (lock) --> U-air --> Aether

I use U-air, instead of N-air, after the jab reset just for the extra 1% damage. This also happens to be a true combo that actually gives Aether some practical use on-stage as an offensive move.

If I am confident enough, I could also extend the combo with a footstool reset N-air in between...

N-air --> D-throw --> Footstool --> D-air (lock) --> U-air --> Footstool --> N-air --> Aether

^-^

Top Bottom