• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out-of-shield luigi

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,
it is me or it is somehow complicated to use out-of-shield option with Luigi? You can't jump and attack with your hand cause it's trigger the grab. You can't up-B without cancelling your shield. Nair seem to be the fastest option but it's quite hard to do it properly (it will trigger the grab if you don't release the shield's button). Do you any good strategy?

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
You CAN up b without cancelling sheild, and its not even hard to time- you cant continuously hold up because that tilts the shield, so youll need a tad bit of timing. Back air out of sheild is the only viable aerial unless against taller characters. Nair is fast but has no range and is useless if its hit as it sends up and rising nair doesnt start combos. Up smash out of sheild is quick and useful, but predictable. Aerials out of shield are perfectly easy, just shorthop then aeriel as fast as possible. I honestly dont see where the struggle is but i hope this helps. Most of the stuff in this post is just misinformation, so i hope anyone looking at it sees this.

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
Thank you. You're right. We can up-b.

When you say aerials out of shield are easy, do you release the shield's button? I tried but it always trigger the poltergust. So you have to release the shield's button just before doing a back air?

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
Thank you. You're right. We can up-b.

When you say aerials out of shield are easy, do you release the shield's button? I tried but it always trigger the poltergust. So you have to release the shield's button just before doing a back air?
An aerial out of sheild can easily be done by shorthopping, then doing an aerial. If you try to press Attack and jump at the same time then most of the time you will grab. It is possible to shorthop aerial like this with some timing, but i'd suggest just shorthopping then doing an aerial.

Top Bottom