• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man vs Rosalina

Who do you prefer? Pac-man or Rosalina?

• Rosalina

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Pac-man

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Niether.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaeva

Smash Rookie
I'm supposed to vs my friend in Smash Bros 3DS in two hours. He's played a tad longer then me, and mains Rosalina. He's been maining Rosalina for around two months, I've been maining Pac-man for around a week. Just by character, not skill, who has the upperhand? How badly am I screwed here?

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
It's in Rosalina's favor. The way I play the matchup is by usually just going straight for the key cause anything else is slow enough that she'll magnet it. But she can still magnet the key, so I use key up close. I also drop the hydrant a lot, typically near her if the person likes to spam magnet. I use it as bait for the magnet and then throw the key directly after she uses it. Just gotta play safe and don't just throw your projectiles out.

Apple is good for KOs, especially with Rosalina as she is light. I don't know the exact percent for her but I'd say around 120 to 140 probably. Something like that. Just learn how to B-Reverse apple when she starts chasing you, I'll jump and B-Reverse and hit her with it.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Focus more on your Aerials than your projectiles, but feel free to bait Rosa with something like a Hydrant. Also beware: She can use magnet to cancel your Power Pellet. Even if your friend isn't aware of it, don't use fruit or hydrant before PP to avoid this issue. Also, Dash Attack is safe on Rosa's shield now, provided you use Trampoline (which is NOT affected by magnet!) soon after.

As for grabs, don't pummel Rosa during them. Luma can act during grapples unless Rosa's in the middle of a throw animation, so go for throws instead of pummels. And speaking of Luma, get rid of it ASAP, it can kill you early.

Jaeva

Smash Rookie
Alright. Bait Hydrant and Use Key when Magnet. Also, its hard for me to charge key when they're playing Rosalina, so I use Hydrant as edge block and trampoline for assurance if I fall off, while charging and using power fruit guard cancel, how punishable is this? I find it easy enough to setup. Also, which Aerial are punishable? What would you prefer to use while she's using Magnet, then what do you use while going for a dodge counter. I doubt I'll use grab due to the terrible ending lag, ez punish for Rosalina. I might as well say "Hit me", especially because they're pretty dodge happy.

Jaeva

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: Got rekt. 0 - 5. Didn't even have a chance. Thanks for the help though guys.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Rosa's a hard MU for any new players, especially with someone that knows how to use her. Don't beat yourself up about it, learn your main more and try to branch out a bit.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Its only slightly in Rosa's favor imo.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I think like froggy, I never lost against a Rosalina on tournament I like to play that MU

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'll post a recent ladder match I had when I find the time.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'll post em later but the second match got cut short unfortunately, and no percents are shown and the replay quality isn't very good either. It probably won't be terribly useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom