• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Dedede Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647
Played dedede on project m and really liked his play style. i noticed that his down a are totally different. Any tips on combos and other tecs for im in smash 4:4dedede:

D

Deleted member

D3's most important combos come out of his down throw. There's so many options you can take on out of it, such as forward air, back air, and up air. You can even do a psuedo-chaingrab with up air, with doing a down throw, shorthopping, using up air than fastfalling before the last hit connects, and grabbing your opponent again once they get into your range and repeat. I've seen most people do this to rack damage up to around 50-60%, but I haven't tried it out myself oddly enough.

Gordos are an integral part to his play as well, and you can do crazy stuff with them. You can angle the way they're hit by tilting them after doing the side special, up, default and down. Default travels the most distance but probably the easiest for your opponent to intercept, up tilted gordo travels a very short distance and just bounces up and down, down tilted gordo (I think) goes 2/3rds the distance of a regular Gordo. I can't check SmashWiki rn so correct me if I'm wrong. I barely use down-tilted gordos tbh. Up Gordos I'll say is useful for those on the ledge since it covers their ledge getup options, and you can even use an up-titled gordo on somebody who's trying to recover from offstage, most of the time it stage spikes them.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
I appreciate the mention! However this really shouldn't be a thread of its own - either please look through the forums before posting, or just ask in the dedicated Q&A thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom