• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tips

Shaan J.

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I literally joined 5 minutes ago and I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but since I'm new to the game, does anybody have any Pikachu tips I could use? Thanks a lot if you reply!

FlipToTheDip

Smash Rookie
Here are some, if you're still on.

Diverse kill setups
Pikachu doesn’t have a lot of quick, raw kill moves. Instead, he relies on landing a smash attack, dash attack, or edgeguarding to close a stock. ESAM got around this by adding in lots of new kill setups around his neutral air. He used his neutral air to drag opponents down at high percents and lead into a down or up smash.
When opponents didn’t tech a hit at high percentages, ESAM used jab resets to lead to forward and up smash. He also used up throw more at incredibly high percents and mixed up between aggressively edgeguarding and ledgetrapping with his forward smash and Thunder Jolts.
Lightning loops
Pikachu can also use the neutral air to drag an opponent to the ground, up tilt them, then drag them into the ground again, then up tilt again, and so on and so on. ESAM used this to get a guaranteed 30% in most sets. Against David "LeoN"’s Bowser, he used it to get over 70% off of one hit. Lightning loops are looking crucial to how Pikachu builds damage and ESAM not only had them down but knew what percents to stop them and start using up airs or forwards to cap the combo off.
Quick attack to get out of disadvantage
Pikachu has one of the best recoveries in the game not only because it covers distance and has a hitbox, but also because it can be angled to reach lots of spots on the stage. ESAM used Quick Attack to recover, but also to take back center stage and get out of the corner.
ESAM has always used Quick Attack this way, but he was all the more dynamic with it at Glitch 7, always switching up where he would go. That’s important because it’s possible to punish Pikachu for Quick Attack once he lands.

Top Bottom