• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's aerials vs Tornado

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9e2RSehuto

As you already know, Metaknight is weak at the top of tornado. His hurtbox is where you see him swinging his swords (Above his head) and it has no hitbox. Fair is amazing because it will clink with tornado or just hit MK straight through. I think this video will help people realize where exactly they can hit MK out of tornado.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Whenever I hit MK's nado with fair + ledge invincibility, it never stops it. :/

Nice tag in video btw. :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You are clinking with it instead of hitting MK itself. If you are in the air you can never stop it, only hit him, which is what might be happening. You have to remember that due to the lessened ledge invulnerability we honestly don't have much time.

Uair can knock him out of nado stealth, it is just difficult and impractical considering nair/dair would be better at that point.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
exactly i never said practical i just like that it works LOL fair looks amazing though, im gonna get that down though most mks dont nado me much anymore

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nope, not at all King. You are hitting a zone that there is no hitbox. Them moving makes it more difficult (obviously) but repeated presses don't matter.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Are you talking about after it pops you up? Normally falling back down with a dair works (When it pops you out it is near the end so they can't follow up).

If you are talking about when it is approaching...just shield it or Fair it.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I'd rather fsmash it if I can see it coming, but when it pops me up I usually don't have time to pull out a dair. I heard nair works better because the hitbox is pika's whole body so couldn't we just FF nair it?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Again, I'm talking about the end pops. At that point the nado can't really go up anymore, so they fall and tornado ends. That is when you can dair them. If it is at the beginning i recommend jumping and then QAing to the ground. Also, they can just go a little above your F-smash, which is really easy.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Is it easy to QA above and then through it? Seeing as it's weak from above. And if you wanna do it on an angle, just don't hold up when you do the first QA, then you can go on a nice 45° and still hit the ground. ...or make it easy on yourself and just jump before you QA.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't QA through it considering QA has a decent amount of start-up and the MK can just...move their nado and you end up getting hit, but now with phantom lag. It can work, I've done it accidentally, but i don't think it would be very reliable.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, fair ***** nado when you are above it. But if I get popped out, I always down air it XD

Just easy to do lol.

Top Bottom