• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Health?

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
So I have some questions about Pikmin's health:
I understand whites are the least durable, following yellows, then reds, then blues and finally purples being the bulkiest.

Is there a set health bar for each of them? Could this be a health bar that regenerates, or is damage that affects a pikmin permanent?

For clarity, say Pikachu gets a clean d-tilt on my wandering purple pikmin. Let's say this purple has a capacity up to 15% that he can take before he dies, but this d-tilt only did around 5%. I whistle him back immediately and he's back in my line-up. Is he now at 10% for the rest of his lifespan, or could it possibly reset back to 15% overtime if I keep him out of combat?

Also, is it possible that there was there a purple I plucked earlier that had just a little more durability than this one has? Maybe one that could muster 17%?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Ah, so purples and blues just mitigate the attacks better. So what's the threshold?
I'm not totally sure what you're asking. I don't think purples or blues mitigate any attacks differently than others. (Not counting elemental immunities of course.) One thing I have yet to do is accurately test Pikmin health so I don't know have the actual numbers.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
I'm not totally sure what you're asking. I don't think purples or blues mitigate any attacks differently than others. (Not counting elemental immunities of course.) One thing I have yet to do is accurately test Pikmin health so I don't know have the actual numbers.
Well if all pikmin have the same amount of health, then purples and blues (being the most durable) should have better damage mitigation, right? This might be kind of hard to test, but I think it's doable.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Well if all pikmin have the same amount of health, then purples and blues (being the most durable) should have better damage mitigation, right? This might be kind of hard to test, but I think it's doable.
No, there is difference in Pikmin in with purples having the most and all that.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
All Pikmin have the same health, and it does not regenerate over time.
I thought one of the tipps in the game says that white Pikmin die faster then other Pikmin colors. Or did I get something wrong?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I thought one of the tipps in the game says that white Pikmin die faster then other Pikmin colors. Or did I get something wrong?
Yeah you're right lol. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that. They do have different health values.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I did a fast research but without biggest details, and I have some question in order to keep testing or dropping in it because of nonsense.
  • Do they recover some hp ever? As an example: time past, recall, bloom.
  • Do they lose hp besides getting hit latched or being tossed? As an example: if someone attacks them when they are in line but no action commited.
  • Do they die on blastzone or before?

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I did a fast research but without biggest details, and I have some question in order to keep testing or dropping in it because of nonsense.
  • Do they recover some hp ever? As an example: time past, recall, bloom.
  • Do they lose hp besides getting hit latched or being tossed? As an example: if someone attacks them when they are in line but no action commited.
  • Do they die on blastzone or before?
They don't regenerate health. They have to be desynced from your line through a move or movement to have their hurtboxes active. They can die in the blastzones.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Alright then, thanks for the fast answer. Even though I know they die on blastzone, my question was about dying before the blastzone (I believed they die before), but it's ok.

So I will let you know, here, when I have some conclusion or more info about it.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Hello everyone! I've been kinda lurking around here for awhile. I saw this thread and figured hey, this might be something I can help test out! We're looking for how much health they have percentage wise, right? Well, I tried testing it out in training for a bit and here are the numbers I got.

Red and Yellows- 8%

Blues- 11%

Purples- 13%

Whites- 7%

If you're wondering how I went about this, I pushed the Pikmin out of Olimar's line until they lost their invincibility and smacked the poor things around using Pikachu's jab (~1%). Then I used various other attacks that did the same damage (as well as one percent less) as the numbers I got to see if the Pikmin would survive, just to double check. Even if they're not completely accurate, I think these percents should be around the ballpark. (I mean, hopefully I'm not spouting nonsense...)

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Hello everyone! I've been kinda lurking around here for awhile. I saw this thread and figured hey, this might be something I can help test out! We're looking for how much health they have percentage wise, right? Well, I tried testing it out in training for a bit and here are the numbers I got.

Red and Yellows- 8%

Blues- 11%

Purples- 13%

Whites- 7%

If you're wondering how I went about this, I pushed the Pikmin out of Olimar's line until they lost their invincibility and smacked the poor things around using Pikachu's jab (~1%). Then I used various other attacks that did the same damage (as well as one percent less) as the numbers I got to see if the Pikmin would survive, just to double check. Even if they're not completely accurate, I think these percents should be around the ballpark. (I mean, hopefully I'm not spouting nonsense...)
Dude, you absolutely rock. I'll fiddle around with this idea too then, but those numbers seem pretty sensible to me. Good stuff, bro! :colorful:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz

Red and Yellows- 8%

Blues- 11%

Purples- 13%

Whites- 7%

Good job, it seems consistent to me, according to what I was doing too. The numbers "fits" to me, so I stay with that.
Thank you :).

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008

Red and Yellows- 8%

Blues- 11%

Purples- 13%

Whites- 7%

Mind giving a list of moves with each corresponding % for them? (Preferably to the decimal place) Not saying you're wrong, but it'd be nice to see exact details of everything you did so others can recreate the test for accurate data.

Other than that I'm glad you took the time to do this!

Last edited:

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
All right, gotcha. Here are some of the moves I remember using. Granted, I found out after I made the first post that when decimals are involved... Actually, I think I'll touch on that at the end of the post. For now, I'll mark the odd moves.

Reds and Yellows:
These Pikmin survived:
Alph's (White) Dair- 7%
Duck Hunt's Utilt- 7%
Alph's Nair*- 8%
Pikachu's Bair* First seven hits- 0.8% Last Hit-3%

These Pikmin Died to:
Kirby's FTilt-8%
Alph's (White) Bair- 8%

Blues
Survived:
Alph's (Red) Fair- 10%
Two of Pikachu's UTilts- 5%

Dead:
Alph's (Purple) Fair- 11%
Jigglypuff's Side B- 11%

Whites
Survived:
Alph's DTilt- 6%
Pikachu's DTilt- 6%
Alph's UTilt*- 7%
Alph's Nair*- 8%
Pikachu's Bair*

R.I.P.:
Alph's (White) Dair- 7%
Duck Hunt's UTilt- 7%

Purples
Survived:
Alph's (Red) Bair and (Purple) Dair- 12%

Goodbye:
Kirby's Bair- 13%

The asterisked moves are interesting ones. The first move I used to test things out was Pikachu's jab, which apparently can do 1.4% / 1.2% / 1.0%. When I used it on the Pikmin, I always got same result, like it was always doing 1% for every hit. In fact, my initial numbers matched my end ones. I tried out other moves that involved decimals, like Alph's (just noticed I was using his name the entire time whoops) Nair and Utilt, and Pikachu's Bair. It seemed to me like the game rounded down the damage when decimals were involved, regardless of how high the decimal was.

For Pikachu's Bair, for instance, a latched Red Pikmin would take all of the hits and still be able to take five jabs from Pika before dying. I tried it with a White as well, and it also took the entire attack as well as four jabs afterwards. It seemed like the last hit of Bair, which does three damage, was the only one that actually hurt the Pikmin. This might need to be tested out a little bit more. Pikmin are weird. Anyways, I think I've murdered enough Pikmin for now. Hopefully this was helpful!

Last edited:
Top Bottom