• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions 5 - 9/22 - Dallas Fort Worth

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, thanks for coming out for the largest Pinkie Pie Productions yet! We had 12 doubles entries and 42 singles entries. We ran 8 pools with 5/6 players each where top 2 make it out and those who do not advance play in the novice bracket. Brawl had about 25 entrants making this our biggest event ever with 60-70 attendees! The pony raffle was also a huge success and I'm glad you guys were able to appreciate the free stuff :). Everyone was very respectful and didn't cause any stupid drama about anything, which I'm really happy about. Thanks for everyone who made it from out of city/state - Oklahoma, Texarkana, Austin, Houston, Allen, Tyler, etc.

Doubles
1: Pup n Suds (Mojo Jake 13) ($72.00)
2: Who the heck do you think we are? (Arc GSO) ($36.00)
3: Houston's Finest Cousins (Kalo TSC) ($12.00)
4: JFirno (Tirno JF)
5: Obsoleet XL (Obsoleet Zaint)
5: Brothers from the hood (Mew Kush)
7: G$ Can Suck a Big One (Jose Gar)
7: Beards of Prey (Denthorn Problem0)
9: Spacedorf (Tyranny Rob)
9: Zac + Emily (Zac Emily)
9: Team 5th Place (Thoraxe Penguin)
9: #YOLO (Glibby Globby Admiral)

Doubles Bracket

Singles
1: Mojo ($252.00)
2: Arc ($156.00)
3: Jake 13 ($42.00)
4: Luci
5: Tirno
5: Gar
7: Gander
7: JF
9: PPP Fraud Fireball
9: Glibby Globby
9: GSO
9: Mew
13: Pawls to the Wall
13: Obsoleet
13: Kalo
13: Denthorn

Singles Bracket

Novice Results
1: Xeron (Lego X-Wing Fighter)
2: Velox
3: Zaint
4: Admiral
5: Nike
5: Outlaw
7: Problem0
7: Chad
9: Po Pimpus
9: Vash
9: Light year
9: Hamyojo
13: N2X
13: emilywaves
13: Tyranny
13: Irish Dude
17: Pfhor
17: Joseph
17: Rob
17: Kush
17: Mr. QW

Novice Bracket

Singles Pools

Pool 1
1. PPP Fraud Fireball
2. Mojo
3. Problem0
4. Po Pimpus
5. Mr QW

Pool 2
1. Jake13
2. Gar
3. Kush
4. Irish Dude
5. Chad
6. N2X

Pool 3
1. Glibby Globby
2. Denthorn
3. Vash
4. Outlaw
5. Tyranny

Pool 4
1. GSO
2. Obsoleet
3. Xeron
4. Admiral
5. Joseph

Pool 5
1. Tirno
2. Mew
3. Velox
4. Hamyojo
5. Scott

Pool 6
1. Arc
2. Kalo
3. Rob
4. Nike
5. Zac

Pool 7
1. Luci
2. JF
3. Penguin
4. Pfhor
5. Saby

Pool 8
1. Gander
2. Pawls to the Wall
3. Zaint
4. Light Year
5. emilywaves
6. Thoraxe

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
1. Damien
2. Zevin
3. Gar
4. Pfhor

Persona 4: Arena
1: Pfhor
2: Ponzzz
3: Denthorn
4: ZSaberX
5: Light year
5: Po Pimpus

Yall know I love pics!!!
Doubles Winners
Jake13, Mojo, Arc, GSO

Singles Winners
Jake13, Mojo, Arc

Novice Winners
Velox, Xeron, Zaint

Venue

Thanks again everyone for coming out!!!!

A few last notes:
- Special shoutout for all Dallas players who were able to accommodate our guests - Rob, Tyranny and Sethlon (even though this dude didn't even show??)
- There were a few ties in round robin and unfortunately, I didn't have any pre-determined rules for tiebreakers. I made a judgment call to go by win percentage, though I understand there are several valid methods for tiebreaking. In the future, I will have clear, pre-established rules for breaking ties. Thanks for your understanding on this one.
- No videos from this tourney :( No one brought a recording setup :(:(:(:(:(
- Sethlon, Dallas' last hope, did not attend :(

MT_

Smash Ace
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that I wasn't able to make this :(

Good **** to everyone that went.

No vids = uber sad :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
This was really fun. I had no idea the Melee scene here was thriving so well. Might start playing again :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Great tournament. Enjoyed getting my butt kicked by Houston. Wish I could do it more often, but it's hard to get entire weekends off. Thanks Emily, you did a good job.

GunStar Omega

Smash Cadet
Ah, this was a ton of fun. Need to play more :D

Serious edit: My pool had Xeron and Admiral not make top 2. OP pool.
Re-edit: Pool 4. Xeron and admiral did really well in the "novice" bracket.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
what was your pool?
It was GSO, Xeron, Obsoleet, Joseph, and myself.

I was a bit salty at first that there were three players in my pool that would have easily made it into bracket if they had been switched into any other pool, but now that I look at the pools I guess there had to be at least one hard one :/. I didn't expect to make it out of pools anyway but I feel bad for Xeron.

It was a great tournament and well run as always.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was so well organized! Good job emily! Ohh btw, Team Obsoleet XL was me and Yannis (Zaint)
Fixed! and thanks :)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that I wasn't able to make this :(

Good **** to everyone that went.

No vids = uber sad :(
Yeah, what the heck. Too bad you couldn't make it :(. Also, I may invest in a recording setup, but it's just like super low on my priorities list. Way to much else to do.

It was GSO, Xeron, Obsoleet, Joseph, and myself.

I was a bit salty at first that there were three players in my pool that would have easily made it into bracket if they had been switched into any other pool, but now that I look at the pools I guess there had to be at least one hard one :/. I didn't expect to make it out of pools anyway but I feel bad for Xeron.

It was a great tournament and well run as always.
Yeah this was pretty unfortunate. It was hard to make balanced pools and the three way tie was totally killer. The pattern seems to be that the winner of the novice bracket was someone who should have made it out of pools. But anyway, thanks for coming out and wow I saw some of your matches and you've improved a lot. We must do battle again for title of best female in Texas. There can only be one.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Just popping in to say thanks to Emily & Co. for putting on such a fun event. I had a great time, and I hope future events include more Persona side events so that I may redeem myself, lol.

Much fun was had and it was nice to see a bunch of faces I haven't seen in a long while. I'll be back again, for sure. In the meantime, Oklahoma's going to get to work on setting up our own tournament soon. Hope to see you all there!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sorry for how I acted after gf. Shout outs to the usual, congrats to Oscar for winning and a special shout out to LUCI. Most hype of tournament was those two handsome devils commentating with bananas!! Good **** everyone.

:phone:

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
im sorry for how you acted after gf arc. shoutouts to the usual, thankyou MT for not showing up and boring everyone within a 14 foot radius, special shoutouts to kal for sucking **** somewhere else.glaf you couldnt make it von or we wouldve seen more raging a la arc.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Emily you had a beautifully seeded bracket btw, no jokes no sarcasm, no editing typos in the previous post. for balance ill say the tv layout was terrible, but the bracket seeding was top notch, good job cya

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hey Kalo you can talk **** and be disrespectful when you don't get ****ed up by my peach. Luciano's back must still hurt from carrying your weak *** in teams. <3

:phone:

OldSchool09

Smash Cadet
Hey I have an account that's not banned!

Shoutouts/Barrage of the word "definitely":

Thanks for the tournament Emily, definitely something I would attend again.

Definitely agree with Hannah that the GSO/Xeron/Obsoleet/Admiral pool was the toughest.

Thoraxe/Penguin: You guys were good! Definitely enjoyed playing those friendlies, you guys are fun to play. Don't stop bothering Sethlon to play you :D

Nike (I think, might have been Tyranny, it was whoever I Gannon dittoed with a lot after our novice set): Had a really fun time playing, hope to see you again sometime and we can play longer.

Mew: Our set in pools was really fun! Definitely rooted for you against Tirno in pools ;) Definitely didn't when you played Luciano :D Good job in general. Lots of people are impressed by you.

Xeron: Thanks for ****** me twice. Knew u were mad legit from Sethlon's house the night before.

Outlaw: Thought I would lose to you. Really really close set :scared:

Vash: Good to see you again, we'll probably see each other a lot more in the future. We'll get to play/talk more I hope.

Tirno: I have no hope :( Always enjoy the little we talk. Honestly, I kind of like everyone from Austin <.<

MT: Wanted to watch you play, haven't seen you in forever!

Sethlon: Obviously great seeing you again :D I think we would have hung out a lot more in the RIP-Gabe-post-UoH days than we used to. Ur house was amazing :D Glad I was able to catch you up at the KFC. Everything I said was pretty accurate as far as things with me go. Could have definitely talked to you a lot longer. Would have stalked you Saturday had you have come :/

Luciano: omg u *****.
Ivan: omg u ***** Kevin.
Kevin: omg Ivan ***** u.

Jose/ARC/etc. Should have talked to everyone more. I get a little cliquey and don't get to hang out/play with everyone enough... (and I'm obviously not shouting out to Houston.)

- Velox (yes this is an amazing troll account name :D)

Oh, and I definitely felt bad entering the novice bracket :urg: I actually didn't want to, but I had just bought a NOS and needed something to use it on and there was peer pressure <.< Some people I played in the first couple of sets also voiced similar disdain and made me feel worse :( I wouldn't make the same decision next time.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Houston was pretty cool lol. Next time i'm bringing alcohol for those who would be down considering the drive kind of sucks.

Good tournament Emily. Thought it was ran well and props to everyone who scrubbed me out throughout the day and whoever was carrying me in the doubles friendlies haha

-Zac

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
Very good **** for running this Emily. Shout outs later. Wish you were there MT/Sethlon/Von!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Emily you had a beautifully seeded bracket btw, no jokes no sarcasm, no editing typos in the previous post. for balance ill say the tv layout was terrible, but the bracket seeding was top notch, good job cya
Thanks Kalo, quoting this so you can never edit it out :D And yeah, I hated the TV setup too :( I got there too late to change it, but now I have a better idea of what I want to do.

Oh, and I definitely felt bad entering the novice bracket :urg: I actually didn't want to, but I had just bought a NOS and needed something to use it on and there was peer pressure <.< Some people I played in the first couple of sets also voiced similar disdain and made me feel worse :( I wouldn't make the same decision next time.
Sorry if I pressured you into playing in the novice bracket, didn't mean to make anyone do anything they don't want to do. I didn't realize there had been disdain for it...

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
1: Mojo ($252.00) - gg's. thanks for going doc stooopid.
2: Arc ($156.00) - yo! you had it, homebro. teach me marth plz. i thought you were gonna win the tourney.
3: Jake 13 ($42.00) - dude teach me falco. you're cool but i wonder how cool.
4: Luci - dang you always trash me. 'til next tourney!
5: Tirno - better skills next time. solid performance still, it was apparent in your tourney matches.
5: Gar - OMG da bess sheik in texas. great placing for great skills! i think it was due to that foxtrotting and that gimmick with the run away, regrab.
7: Gander - MM plz i feel salty
7: JF - what do you main anymore
9: PPP Fraud Fireball - =) surgeon slayer
9: Glibby Globby - wanted to play you in tourney, didn't play you in friendlies 'cause someone's a wuss
9: GSO - great placing. new austin smasher with the skills. had a fun ride!
9: Mew - played you in a single but i think you weren't warmed up yet.
13: Pawls to the Wall - didn't play a single friendly with ya! but you're cool and thanks for teaming with me, despite the fact that i suckzor.
13: Obsoleet - hey john! don't meet me in tournament 'cause you're gonna take me out plz with cherry on top?
13: Kalo - yo! you ain't been practicing whereas sheik is the only matchup i get practice in with ivan. your fox could probably scrape me but i'm not gonna tell you that!
13: Denthorn - didn't play you but your arcade stick is cooooool. didn't know what the hell each button did.

Novice Results
1: Xeron (Lego X-Wing Fighter) - so good. thanks for the friendlies. you want to beat me you find me ok!?
2: Velox - dude we didn't play wtf. thanks for saying things, whatever it is you said that i agreed to
3: Zaint - you're getting better, but samus dude. she sucks butt.
4: Admiral - gosh taking my doc out for a ride down death mountian. you're getting way better and your desyncs are magnificent. ggs
5: Nike - i strove to beat you one day, but then i didn't even play you in friendlies! perhaps it's best to not hold such fiery salt against someone who doesn't play anymore
5: Outlaw - i think you're from OK. thanks for coming! cool tattoos
7: Problem0 - didn't play you but i thought you would get better placing!
7: Chad - best friend of dog right here
9: Po Pimpus - yo! luigi is my worst matchup, but i managed to beat you somehow. you need to spam more aerials like dair-nair or fair-nair it's too good. wavedash dsmash and that tornado thing! i felt like you weren't really attacking me sometimes.
9: Vash - what happened. from beating jamal to getting 9th in novice? i have hopes for you son!
9: Light year - don't know sorry
9: Hamyojo - thanks from coming from OK!
13: N2X - what! cool name.
13: emilywaves - emily, come on. EMILY, COME ON! practice plz
13: Tyranny - noooooooo tyranny you're better holmes
13: Irish Dude - yo! thanks for coming back! it's always a pleasure to have OK around
17: Pfhor - what's going on here
17: Joseph - i don't know this guy
17: Rob - i know this dude, he housed us and offered us bacon. thank you very much rob, but i'm not hungry. all four of us (jos, vash, gso, gar) are very grateful for your kindness and trust that we won't steal or damage any of your stuff!
17: Kush - you always wear the most baller-*** t-shirts. i get jealous.
17: Mr. QW - dude your dog is the best dog i ever seen at a smash tournament. also, you play too many characters! you got potential, but plz channel it into one character for best results.

Nike.

Smash Hero
5: Nike - i strove to beat you one day, but then i didn't even play you in friendlies! perhaps it's best to not hold such fiery salt against someone who doesn't play anymore
:o Idk who you are, but I'm just a random brawl noob that would get destroyed by 90% of the TX melee scene lol. I'm sure you'll kill me if we ever play x)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
@JOS.fm - awesome my name in green ^.^ i really wanted to play you along with alot of TX players but i was in pass out mode haha. next time ill make it my goal to play you all. hopefully get most of you up here to a tourny PO and HAZY is gonna host

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Outlaw: Thought I would lose to you. Really really close set :scared:
Who did you play against me? Fox and Falco, right? Velox, Right? If so, then, "Yeah, good close matches, and especially because you said you countered picked me. We will do it again sometime. Come to the Oklahoma Tourny."

Top Bottom