• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit metagame advancement thread

dskank

Smash Journeyman
This will be a thread to discuss ways to advance pit's metagame. when someone finds out a new AT or new tactic pit can abuse, talk about it here and i will post it in the OP and credit the source. i also to list all of pits AT in the intro and other such shinanigans like who pit can gimp with Mirror sheild, chain grab combos and who gets destroyed by planking. this wont be a basic pit guild, it will be a tell all of what can pit abuse. this is inspired by the dk metagame advancement thread.

Advanced Techs

B reversal- Its changing the direction of a B move. Any B move can be B-reversed, this is done by angling the control stict in the opposite direction direction as u initiate a B move. This is useful because B reversing arrows cuts out the time it takes during the turing animation of pit's arrow charge. Another use is to B reverse pit's mirror sheild.
The timing for B-reversal is different when in the air and on the ground, in the air tap the direction you want right b4 u initiate the B move.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
useless thread is useless. You're just basically putting everything in the index into one, much less detailed, post.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hmm it would be easier for some of those things to simply link the corresponding thread like the mirror sheild gimping we have a whole thread on that i dont got the exact link but ik its there

dskank

Smash Journeyman
useless thread is useless. You're just basically putting everything in the index into one, much less detailed, post.
the purpose of this thread isnt to vaugely list every AT, its a place for tactical discussion and new observations about pit, we dont have a place for that on the pit boards.. Q&A thread is where were stuff like this was brought up in past but i thought this woul be better..

ur probly right though and this thread is useless, really no sarcasm for real this thread will die in less than a week, my bad :(

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
why not make this a talk about AT's not in the guide or not very detailed in the guide. for example the guide doesn't really talk about wavebouncing and how it pertains to pit. i mean if we were gonna get serious about talkin AT's we need to talk about advanced stuff. how about something like pivot jump reverse wavebounce with pits arrow? this is done by dashing> pivoting on the ground> jumping into the air so that you are moving wat was forwards but is now backwards> wave bounce so that you face forward. because wavebouncing just reverses your mometum you face forward but get pulled backward. i use this to space into an arrow combo or just space in general.

wavebouncing mirror shield is a great way to recover against falcos who like to jump and shoot lazers at you when your falling back and trying to conserve wasting jumps.
lets elaborate on things like this.

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
If we're gonna get serious about talking anything pit, lets do it and stop talking about it. Lets get a pit (sans koolaid) into the spot light nationally eh? Strength through unity.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
.......People should B-Reversal Mirror Shield more. Its really neat in the air, and helps people juggle you less. Can Angel Ring be B-Reversal'd?

dskank

Smash Journeyman
.......People should B-Reversal Mirror Shield more. Its really neat in the air, and helps people juggle you less. Can Angel Ring be B-Reversal'd?
i agree with sheild reversal in the air, its great for getting back to the stage when fighting chars with good edge gaurding like mk and lucario(or turning lucario around when he fsmashes)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Angel ring can be reversed... sorta. I don't find it especiallt useful, can be used on the ground, you know "run away>turn around angel ring/reverse it".

i use reversed shield from times to times to avoid juggle etc

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I love diving over someone, then canceling and Angel Ringing in their direction. Usually people chase and fall right into it <3

Top Bottom