• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Strategies

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
One of the main reasons I chose Pit is for his bow and arrows and because of his flight.
This thread is for thinking up strategies these traits or others could be used. Today I thought some up.

1. You guys obviously already know this but for those who don't I'll pust it anyways. Bassicaly you hit the enemy off the stage, you jump down, and then kill them with an aerial, and fly/jump back to the stage. For this I will do a melee.. I mean Brawl (ahhh i cant wait!) against a lvl 1 and practice and see which aerial could do the job. I tried it with Kirby and for him it is his dair that kills them.

2. This one is effective for Links. We all know how annoying Links dair is. It is very hard to stop it from below without getting hit yourself. But pit has stopped this tragedy! With his bow he can shoot an arrow up Links behind thus stopping his dair. Then Pit can follow up with an up smash which I THINK guarantees a hit if they dont DI. I believe his upsmash is like Links and that the first hit has a set distance know matter what the damage.

So yeah. Anyone can feel free to post any ideas they get.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Since you can attack out of his UP B you could use it as an aerial cancel (THink Double Jump Cancel to aerial with Yoshi only potentially easier and faster)

Also if you can attack out of a glide I say Glide off the edge then spike then just UP B to recover!

SOO MUCN POTENTIAL!!!!!

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I heard his mirror shield has knock back. Could you just stand near the edge and have someone trying to get back on hit the shield since they might not be able to press B up twice?

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
I heard his mirror shield has knock back. Could you just stand near the edge and have someone trying to get back on hit the shield since they might not be able to press B up twice?
This would be too broken plus with the easier methods to grab the edge I think that it wouldn't be that useful but who knows

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Knockback? I think if someone punches/attacks it, the hit will move through it or push you back like the normal shield.

ChemicalJustice

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Pit's shield has the same effect as Mario's cape when someone hits it with a close ranged attack. Oh well, looks like we'll have to find out. As for strategies, arrow spam FTW!

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Well I had another idea. When an opponent is off the edge just shoot an arrow and hit the opponent off the stage from above with the arrow. Then he will go downwards and keep spamming it.

ChemicalJustice

Smash Cadet
Hm, I guess this would go here. What stickers are you planning to put on Pit in the Subspace Emissary? I plan on giving him the best jump bonuses I can find. Hopefully they'll have separate stickers for 1st and 2nd jumps, and maybe even the 3rd, 4th, and 5th jumps, but that may be overkill. Anywho, my Pit will become the master of recovering. Other stickers will include projectile damage and knockback bonuses. A true archer, he shall be.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
yeah i think jump off the edge, Dair 'em, if they don't die, then arrow spam them until they do ^^ and for the stickers, i would increase his attack, and decrease how far he goes when he gets hit ^^

Top Bottom