• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Voice

chris199236

Smash Rookie
Why is every1 beating up on Pits voice. So wat if he sounds like a girl, he will still kick every1 *** on brawl so they ppl that beat down Pit for his vocie better make sure to not let his spinning blades of doom come down on you.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
pit's japanese voice = BEST IN THE GAME (imo obviously), or maybe tied with Snake

pit's english voice = EPIC FAIL

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit, his english voice is pretty awful. More power to you if you like it, but the voice actors are just terrible. Then again, spamming his taunts will be the most annoying thing ever.

You're not ready yet!
You're not ready yet!
You're not ready yet!
You're not ready yet!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Though his voice wasnt what you'd hoped to be, you have to deal with it, especially to the Pit mainers (like me).
I personnaly like his voice, though i think they could have done a bit better with it.

Billychu

Smash Cadet
WTF is up with the "Great Palutena! Victory is ours!" victory line? The VA sounds like she's reading it for the first time ever and is sort of guessing on what to say.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It really does sound like a FanFlash. There is no reason to think it's fake other then the voices resemble something you'd hear in a fan made piece of media. I can't imagine that Nintendo would spend so much money on everything else then skimp on the vox! Voice actors are screwed over anyway it's not like you'd've had to pay them much more...

Crispin Freeman (Would've fit most of the stoic voices.)
Veronica Taylor (Could probably have done most of the voices in all honesty. Obviously could've done PT's.)

That's just two that could easily do most of the talking voices. Why did they skimp so much on such an epic game!? Is that they couldn't get this sort of talent? Most voice actors live in studio apartments huddled around recording studios hoping they won't need to pick of a part-time job just to get by. I don't see how they could've gotten so screwed over on this. I mean where are their American recording studios anyway!? [/panicked rant]

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
pit's japanese voice = BEST IN THE GAME (imo obviously), or maybe tied with Snake

pit's english voice = EPIC FAIL
You gotta be crazy... For having CF as a sig that is!

No seriously what the heck is wrong with you guys.

A. The vid had sound slightly distorted.
B. The Japanese Version sounds exactly like a girl, the US one has attacks that sound like a man, but a victory that sounds like a girl.
C. DADADADADAD sounds gay.
D. You can understand him.

Stop hating on the english VA will you!

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice

B. The Japanese Version sounds exactly like a girl, the US one has attacks that sound like a man, but a victory that sounds like a girl.

I agree with this though I liked both of them and could live with either one, whenever I hear "JPN Pit sounds like a boy" I just crack up xD

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice

Don't make me laugh.

A. Yes, the Video is a little bit distorted, but if you compare Snakes Voice with direct feed videos it will match fairly like the Original.
B. C'mon, what have you expected? Pit is a boy god****, around 80% of the shounen-type has been acted by women.
C. His Yell sounds good. Don't believe me? Then wait for the american one, it will for sure fail in comperasion with the original one.
D. What is so hard to understand on the japanese pit? He speaks a real basic japanese with some grunts. And it looks like that NoA added two new lines for his taunts.

"Hating?" It's for the comperasions sake. I don't buy a downgraded game after such a long delay. If you can stand these voices, fine, but I'll play it with the original which was choosen by Sakurai himself. Sadly this will be his Kid Icarus Wii Voice too. Or why should they translate an ancient character? Marth doesn't get a voice actor because the DS-Remake has no real dialouge.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I would rather have his Japanese voice, 'nanananana' and all. His English voice sounds like he's holding his nose and has something up his ***. Hopefully it won't sound as bad with sound effects and music.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I took a listen to some of Pit's sounds in the English trailer and compared them to the voices in the English VA special.

His battle noises aren't half-bad, actually. His one-liners need a bit of work, though...

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
I agree with this Im fine with the english VA as long as he/she doesnt talk. right now im just hopeing that pit's english VA will sound better with music.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
For those who want to hear Pit in battle, instead of just the voice alone...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31532.html

this also has the Eng "Nenenene" (which isn't that anymore).
He sounds ok now that there's a visual.
Yeah I have viewed the eng battle with pit and I must say now I like that voice far more then JPN VA. His side smash and side special doesn't annoy me to no end anymore. Seems fitting for his character more then his five year old counterpart

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Don't make me laugh.

A. Yes, the Video is a little bit distorted, but if you compare Snakes Voice with direct feed videos it will match fairly like the Original.
B. C'mon, what have you expected? Pit is a boy god****, around 80% of the shounen-type has been acted by women.
C. His Yell sounds good. Don't believe me? Then wait for the american one, it will for sure fail in comperasion with the original one.
D. What is so hard to understand on the japanese pit? He speaks a real basic japanese with some grunts. And it looks like that NoA added two new lines for his taunts.

"Hating?" It's for the comperasions sake. I don't buy a downgraded game after such a long delay. If you can stand these voices, fine, but I'll play it with the original which was choosen by Sakurai himself. Sadly this will be his Kid Icarus Wii Voice too. Or why should they translate an ancient character? Marth doesn't get a voice actor because the DS-Remake has no real dialouge.
Well forget you, your a japanese elitist aren't you! I knew it.
Here's a NON distorted voice for Pit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1jtRLVcw8

2:20

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Well forget you, your a japanese elitist aren't you! I knew it.
Here's a NON distorted voice for Pit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1jtRLVcw8

2:20
Either right and either wrong. I study japanese, so I can understand the characters very well I think. The real reason is because I'm a big fan of the japanese voice actor. If you ever heard of TWO MIX or watched Gundam Wing, Detective Conan or Ranma 1/2 you'll regnonize her voice. She underlines pits boyish kindness perfect.

On the other side we have Bella Houston, well-known as Rouge the Bat from the Sonic X US Anime Adaption. She replaced the original actor staff due 4kids new sound studio replacement from New York to [somewhere]. I know her voice, I watched the american adaption of the show and to be honest, she is not a great actor. The bad thing on Brawl is that the game is simply to good for such cheap actors. The Starfox Characters got some really good voice actors from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 Series. As you can see, the whole actors came from 4kids, which is also hated for their cold adaption for japanese animations.

Long answer, short outcoming: I still prefer the Original Voice. ;)

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
If you change language settings to Japanese, would Pit's voice change? In melee, Jiggs changed voices, and Fox and Falco got their Japanese voices back (for taunts).

If it does, if you didn't like his English voice, change the language (if it applies).

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
For those who want to hear Pit in battle, instead of just the voice alone...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31532.html

this also has the Eng "Nenenene" (which isn't that anymore).
He sounds ok now that there's a visual.
Thanks for that video the english VA sounds much better with some music and better quality. Im satisfyied its a fairly good replacement for the original jpn pit voice.

Also at the end of the video any idea what pit is saying only thing I can make out is palutena

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I preferred when he sounded like a boy instead of a gay man.
more like a manly lesbian...i liked the japanese voice with his shouts and grunts after he attacks, and especially his, "So da!" Brilliant! But, when I heard this, my heart sank. I'm not saying I'm not going to play Pit now, I'll just be a little disappointed. But yes, like aforementioned in other posts, if you wait THIS long for a game that was delayed TWO times, why didn't they choose a better voice??? And, yes, it will be awesome to spam his annoying taunts lol

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
If you change language settings to Japanese, would Pit's voice change? In melee, Jiggs changed voices, and Fox and Falco got their Japanese voices back (for taunts).

If it does, if you didn't like his English voice, change the language (if it applies).
Language change is a no-go for the US version.

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like a 14 year old boy, which makes so much more sense. Seeing as how he's a 12 or 14 year old boy. It doesn't sound that bad on the higher quality videos. They could have found someone with better voice acting experience, though, that's for sure. The grunts sound okay, but the dialogue sounds a little off.

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think his voice is scary.
He sounds like a brainwashed, fanatical, bloodthirsty kid.
Yipes

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't have to like his voice (WHICH I DON'T) to like his playstyle. That's what truly matters.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I don't have to like his voice (WHICH I DON'T) to like his playstyle. That's what truly matters.
Thats true. But in the case of pit it is really a shame that he god such a bad actor. I mean, he was the most pushed character in the game. First new challenger included at the homepage, he teams with Mario up (and we all know that it is a fanboys dream to see Mario & Sonic actually), he got a Anime/Manga-Style and the must important is, that the Kid Icarus/Hikari Shinwa Franchise has been lifted after at last 15-17 years offscreen.

Top Bottom