• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Sheik neutral?

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I've run into a hurdle when it comes to Sheik. After learning how to properly punish and edgeguard her, she didn't seem like much of a threat if she couldn't get her punish started. However, it feels like I'm letting her get her punishes much more and I need help getting a grip on it.

My main problem is that I don't respect her movement or defensive options; I feel like I either dash-dance with no particular purpose other than to keep moving, or go in with an aerial that usually gets stuffed with an f-tilf/d-tilt or DDgrabbed. If I try and play it defensively with lasers, she just seems to eat up all the space and in range to get me doing stupid stuff (i.e. defensive scrubby aerial in place or try and aerial her).

What are some things I should be looking for during neutral? What's the general plan for how neutral works with her? For example, small things like with Falco you should stay within range of a nair when you think he'll do a laser- that kind of stuff but for Sheik. What are her obvious disadvantages against Fox?

All help appreciated!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
She is not as good at approaching compared to her walling you out so it's better if you gain the lead with lasers so she comes to you.

A single FF laser is good for when she is at dash attack range so you can bait it out and punish with shield grab or up smash OoS.

She has guaranteed follow ups off her grabs so try to stay on platforms, shield drop bair is good. And late nair shine on shield is good too.

You want to desperate her on rushing in and then punish accordingly while extending your lead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom