• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please critique my gameplay

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Just hoping to get some constructive criticism on how I can improve myself to have a better chance at winning against these matchups.

This is my match against a ZSS

This is my match against a Sheik

Anything helps. Been trying to improve and get better at handling these matchups.

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
You kept backing yourself up into the ledge, approaching randomly, and you seldom punished any unsafe moves the ZSS did, my advice would be to not approach as recklessly, decrease the amount of times you threw the fruit backwards, and make your ledge options less obvious.

Last edited:

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
You kept backing yourself up into the ledge, approaching randomly, and you seldom punished any unsafe moves the ZSS did, my advice would be to not approach as recklessly, decrease the amount of times you threw the fruit backwards, and make your ledge options less obvious.
I see what you mean. I back up to ledge to get away cause I'm really not sure where to go, maybe I should make more of an effort to gain stage control? And I'm not sure what to punish her with, any ideas? Pac's smash attacks never seem fast enough. I'm thinking maybe I should use key a little more against her.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
im a PAC main trying to push a more offensive meta, so approaching is very specific, you cant just go in with nothing unless you plan to tramp and even that is dangerous, but the biggest issue i saw here was the direction of fruit. you kept either messing up the direction or a B reverse. also bait more often, get your opponent to want to approach you, PAC has a good punish game. and dont be afraid to grab SOMETIMES even with its high risk

for shiek specifically if you dont know the matchup or struggle with it alot cause its hard for pac, you might want a secondary to cover it

verbatim

Smash Ace
he played the matchup fine, the truth of the matter is that the way Pacman beats Sheik is a mentally taxing one. You're going to lose the early % game, but if you can use your tools as a character and as a player to avoid her kill mixups, you can win the high percent war (high % means 140+) if you out-frustrate them. More than anything else patience is key here.

Am tired, will elaborate more tomorrow.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You got massively outplayed. I guess I see now why so many of you think we lose hard to shiek...the problem wasn't in the matchup, but your habits. You tend to back off too the ledge quickly, approached a little too recklessly, and air dodged way too liberally. You never tried to use your hydrant as a wall and you didn't use your fruit all too carefully either.

Where the sheik player got you was in fundamentals, which even the sheik player lacked a bit with his rolling habit. I would say power up your fundamentals and spacing more. Oh, and try not to waste your double jump just for free space to charge. The ground isn't such a dangerous place that you need to put yourself in disadvantage to charge. Especially against sheik who can murder you for it.

Last edited:

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
You got massively outplayed. I guess I see now why so many of you think we lose hard to shiek...the problem wasn't in the matchup, but your habits. You tend to back off too the ledge quickly, approached a little too recklessly, and air dodged way too liberally. You never tried to use your hydrant as a wall and you didn't use your fruit all too carefully either.

Where the sheik player got you was in fundamentals, which even the sheik player lacked a bit with his rolling habit. I would say tonsils up your fundamentals and spacing more. Oh, and try not to waste your double jump just for free space to charge. The ground isn't such a dangerous place that you need to put yourself in disadvantage to charge. Especially against sheik who can murder you for it.
I'll keep this in mind. Only thing is that almost every time I place a hydrant while on the ground he just does bouncing fish and it hits me. Should I throw a fruit like the galaxian at him and then place the hydrant down?

Top Bottom