• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Sheik vs Melee Sheik

D

Deleted member

Been playing a crap ton of Melee lately, and have just been overall practicing Sheik. I'm looking to have her as a pocket main for PM 3.5, so does anyone know if her stats are any different between the two games? I want to be able to have the tech and skill I've acquired from Melee transfer to PM without an issue.

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
One of the main things is learning the b throw d throw di mix up. Tilts are still really good, maybe even better. Also shino stall is not invincible during certain frames and after 5 ledge grabs you only have 1 frame of invincibility iirc.

D

Deleted member

One of the main things is learning the b throw d throw di mix up. Tilts are still really good, maybe even better. Also shino stall is not invincible during certain frames and after 5 ledge grabs you only have 1 frame of invincibility iirc.
That's about what I expected, just got my feet wet with PM sheik and I noticed the throws are pretty different, may need some adjusting to. Though I'm glad the character has transitioned well. Thanks for the info!

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Sheik can crawl and wallcling in PM, neither of these are in melee.
Also, there are obviously the universal changes, such as having a DACUS, being able to RAR, etc.

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
Been playing a crap ton of Melee lately, and have just been overall practicing Sheik. I'm looking to have her as a pocket main for PM 3.5, so does anyone know if her stats are any different between the two games? I want to be able to have the tech and skill I've acquired from Melee transfer to PM without an issue.
She's definitely a lot smaller model wise especially compared to other melee characters which screwed me up for awhile. Her crawl is definitely really good in PM. You can use it to get under a lot of grabs, projectiles, and all but 1/2 of falco's laser heights. You can also instantly dash/jump out of it. She also has a wallcling from brawl which unfortunately doesn't have a unique input like footstooling. I've found it to be useful to mix up recovery timing/wait out invincibility and as a tool for gimping on stages with walls like WW/GHZ etc. You can also waveland SH bair/fair unlike in melee.

_DarkLava

Smash Cadet
Her back throw is not as good for throwing people offstage as it was in Melee, and her down throw can't guarantee a chaingrab. Instead, her chaingrabs relies on DI traps. Because of this she has the ability to Chaingrab almost anyone who is not a fast faller. It just takes a bit more thinking than usual

Say you down throw an opponent and they DI away not allowing for another grab. The next grab you do, you might think "He's going to DI away, let me back throw him instead." You bthrow instead of dthrow, and you were right, he was going to DI away, so now with the bthrow, his away DI turns into DI toward you and pops up into the air, allowing for a regrab.

You now must think again, will he DI away this time to DI the dthrow? Or DI toward and read the bthrow and therefore DI away. Say you keep guessing correctly everytime, you're chaingrabbibg him now.

If he can't correctly guess the throw you are about to do you can follow up accordingly. If he screws up the bthrow DI you can follow up with a fair when he pops up and enter an edgeguarding situation. And the good thing about the bthrow if they do correctly guess the DI and you're near the edge, you can still enter an edgeguarding situation, as they will be offstage now.

There is also the DACUS, which maybe you can follow up after a dthrow? I haven't tested it, yet. It might work.

Top Bottom