• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer Dittos/Switching

Lag

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking...if the weakness of the Pokemon could be taken into account...

Basic Rock, Paper, Scissor formula.

Charizard would be good against Bulbasaur.
Bulbasaur would be good against Squirtle.
Squirtle would be good against Charizard.

How much damage? That's when you guys come in and discuss about it!

Switching Pokemon in the other hand...I was thinking a cooldown?

Rakath

Smash Ace
That'd be bad for Ivysaur, since there are only 5 billion Fire attacks in the game...

Me and my Ivysaur do not approve of this plan. -_-

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's doubtful. Did you ever see Pikachu in melee getting double damage from a Ground attack? It would be pretty weird if they actually decide to do something like this, only using it for Pokemon Trainer Dittos (no pun intended). Although I would like seeing Ivysaur getting ***** by a Fire flower.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Yeah I dont think they can do that. Because theres alot of other types to consider.
Like Pikachu doing half damage to Ivysaur and double damage to Charazard and Squirtle.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Yeah I dont think they can do that. Because theres alot of other types to consider.
Like Pikachu doing half damage to Ivysaur and double damage to Charazard and Squirtle.
i've played since Red and Blue, and I cant remember an instance where Electric types are as strong against fire as they are against water.

Rakath

Smash Ace
i've played since Red and Blue, and I cant remember an instance where Electric types are as strong against fire as they are against water.
Charizard is half Flying.

Flying is weak to Electric, just like Water.

Micahc

Smash Ace
but the other half is fire so they cancel out each other
No not at all, fire is neutral to electric so it's still super effective. We should have a sticky to Smogon so that people have no excuse not to know what they're talking about...

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
No not at all, fire is neutral to electric so it's still super effective. We should have a sticky to Smogon so that people have no excuse not to know what they're talking about...
oh my bad i dont got fire/flying pokemon in my games so i wouldnt know

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
Highly highly doubt they will put this in the game... Then smash would be even more a game of luck then they are trying to make it.. Like the pokemon games. ^_^

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure they're creating the balance the same way they always do in Smash (and many other vidoe games)

Charizard= slow, strong, best recovery (gliding and possibly multiple aerial jumps)
Venusaur= avg. speed, avg. strength, avg->good recovery (perhaps uses vines as a tether?)
Squirtle= fast, weak, average or worst recovery (unknown at this point)

Even without elements, they seem decently balanced, and could easily be more balanced when their attacks come into question

Top Bottom