• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer's Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
Having three different characters with tottally different attributes and being able to switch between them at will is an interesting prospect. However, it is likely that Pokemon Trainer will end up like Sheik/Zelda; One pokemon will be much higher in tier than the others. My question is this: Will pokemon trainer represent one slot on the tier list or will all three pokemon be ranked seperately?

Micahc

Smash Ace
that and pokemon trainer wasn't playable at e for all
But speculation is still excessively fun.

Maybe the PT will just take up one averaged tier spot, and then give each Pokemon their own tier spot. So the PT might mid tier overall, but Squirtle might be bottom, Charizard mid, and Ivysaur top.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
While I don't really believe in tiers, I will say that the whole stamina thing might bring him down a smidgen...

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I think they should be separate.
and just for fun I will rank the 3 pokemon from best to worst if I had to guess

1. Ivysaur

I don't know why but I'm really looking forward to using Ivysaur

2. Charzard

He will be very powerful and the gliding is cool

3. Squirtle

I love the little guy, but he seems like he could go flying off the course easily

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
did you even read the PT dojo update. there is a complex stamina system where you cannot stay as a single pokemon for too long. whether or not one of the pokemon is better than the others is virtually irrelevant as you will not be able to play as that character for too long

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Because of the variety of the characters, he wont be to low of a tier because, theres 3 characters.

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
i forgot to mention one key point. Wans't it mentioned that u can only stay as each pokemnon for a short time? wouldnt't that mean that if the pokemon all have sperate tiers, you'd b cycling thru them frequently throughout the fight, thus taking the overall tier of a character like this down?

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see an fsmash! But in all seriousness, this isn't as bad as other tier topics, PT should get his own, but I won't guess where.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Tires don exits

PT will only have one spot on the tier list
QFT
The only reason Sheik and Zelda were separate is because they could be used independently of eachother if you wanted. (even though that's not how they were intended to be played)

You are all but forced to switch when using PokeTrainer, making you utilize all of the different Pokemon during the course of the match. I'm not saying they wont be analyzed for their individual stengths/weaknesses but you will have to master each pokemon to use Pokemon Trainer effectively, and each Pokemon's strengths/weaknesses will affect any match that lasts for more than a minute more than likely.

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
I think this is a valid topic, it's more of a discusstion about whether or not the PT will be considered a single character rather than his place on the tier list.

That being said, Raptorbite has it spot on.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
No, luckily stanima makes it so that you have to switch out unlike with shiek. I LOVE STANIMA!

GOTM

Smash Champion
they wont all be ranked seperately because it pretty much forces you into using all of them for each battle, making it into one character.

edit: waluigi was never disconfirmed, and i support waluigi more than anything, he will def. be my main if hes in it, lol

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that Waluigi won't be in it, but he is the least deserving of any Mario character imo, and I will be disappointed if he is in Brawl.

On topic, since you're forced to switch in between the pkmn , he should be one spot, but the fact that you still can switch out pkmn at will makes it pretty unlikely that Ash (that's what I'm calling him and I don't care what you say) will have any bad matchups.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Now, I know PKMN Trainer is one character, but do you think it would be wiser to tier the Pokemon that are used?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
One spot, since you can't stick with a particular Pokemon forever like you could with Zelda/Sheik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom