• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Poll for Evo bans

Should there be 1, or 2 stage bans at EVO 2015?

• 1 Stage

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 2 Stages

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
Hello everyone, this thread is for discussing the debate over 1 or 2 stage bans at EVO 2015. Please leave your vote, and leave your opinion below on the manner. Personally, I don't see why there would need to be a change, and it should be left at 2 bans, but that is just me.

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
I don't think there's really much of a debate. 2 stage bans is ideal in all situations.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
They didn't change it from 2 to 1, EVO originally had 0 bans... and then Max Ketchum convinced Wizard to INCREASE it to 1 ban,

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
They didn't change it from 2 to 1, EVO originally had 0 bans... and then Max Ketchum convinced Wizard to INCREASE it to 1 ban,
Oh ok. I haven't really been following it closely, I just know ZeRo was complaining about it.

nullifier

Smash Rookie
I don't think they should ban stages at all, if you're good enough to play in a tournament you should also be able to play any stage with your main efficiently.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
I don't think they should ban stages at all, if you're good enough to play in a tournament you should also be able to play any stage with your main efficiently.
I don't think people can't play on certain stages. It's just obvious some characters have bigger advantages on certain stages than others. Banning 1 stage each shouldn't be that much of an issue.

I like to play my Peach on Battlefield becausd Turnips + Her Decent Juggling Ability allows me to continue my combos easier.

Plus with its low ceiling it allows for her Fsmash Frying Pan to kill at pretty low percentages. On the Top Platform.

As well as her Up B.

Same goes for Mario's Up B on the top Platform.

It also allows certain characters to have more area to recover than others instead of being caught out or read easily. Such as Diddy recoverying or DK, and giving people a better chance for both sides instead of being super one sided.

Banning stages doesn't really show you're not good enough. But if you're doing anything to win. What's stopping a Shiek Main from picking Battlefield every game and just having open season on your ass for 2 games?

I say banning 1 stage shouldn't be an issue. 2 is a bit much due to the small stage selection to begin with.

Top Bottom